Clear all

Lots of pain

11 Posts
10 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@caster)
Trusted Member

My wife gave birth to our baby about 5 months ago. Even now she has all over body pain especially headaches, neck muscle pains, joint pains chest pains back pains and pains in the ribs.

Over the last 3 nights, her back pains and rib are so bad that she can not get up!

All these problems started before the birth and she has never recovered from them.

Please help.

10 Replies
(@steve-indigo)
Trusted Member

Hi

This sounds like a job for your doctor.

CarolineN
(@carolinen)
Famed Member

I am sorry to hear your wife is struggling so with pain.

Please get her to the GP and when you have a diagnosis then we are more able to offer suggestions to help.

Best wishes

Topic starter
(@caster)
Trusted Member

Just made an appointment with the doctor, but it is a whole 2 weeks away. Anything which can be done in the mean time as pain killers do not seem to work.

Holistic
(@holistic)
Illustrious Member

Most medical practices have a certain number of emergency appointments set aside for patients requiring urgent attention. It may be possible for you to get one of those if you rang back and stressed the degree to which your wife is in pain, assuming you didn't do that in the first place? :confused:

Holistic

(@louisa_1611053138)
Noble Member

Sometimes I really despair.
She shouldn't have to wait 2 weeks, please call them back and ask for her to be seen urgently.

There seems such a lack of care these days. 😡

Really hope she can see a doctor very soon and find a remedy to her troubles.

(@alks123)
Reputable Member

In acupuncture the most intense and generalized pains are caused by Cold energy (for example, the opiate abstain syndrome) and the reproductive system by it's location in the body is also associated with Cold energy.
With more info, I can compose a simple scheme to massage the points, easy to find on fingers joints.
The general scheme for the chest region:

Wind: Cold sedate, Hotness tone up, Light ctrl,

(@norbu)
Prominent Member

Mindfulness

Nothwithstanding seeking advice from your GP, I suggest you look into mindfulness.

This is where it all started:

This is a version developed in the UK by a Buddhist who developed a similar programme from her own experience of using mindfulness to manage chronic pain:

You can download free guided meditation audio files here:

This is the best selling book by Jon Kabat Zinn who started the whole thing based on his experience of vipassana (insight) meditation and set up the UMASS Medical School Centre for Mindfulness in Medicine:

Norbu

(@michael-price6)
Reputable Member

Re Pain

Hello Caster, Sorry to hear your wife is in pain. It is not right that you have to wait 2 weeks for an appointment. At my own gp you can ring reception and ask for a telephone appointment to speak to your doctor. If you do this your doctor may understand the problem and offer an early appointment. I would not be able to advise any natural remedies for this problem at this stage. I hope you have better luck seeing your doctor.

licklebabba
(@licklebabba)
Trusted Member

Thats awful to hear that your wife has all this pain, I cant believe you cant get a docs appointment for 2 weeks(even my GP not that bad), have you tried NHS Direct as an option or does your local hospital have a Walk in Centre, or do you have local walk in centres where she could be seen? I hope she gets sorted out soon,take care x

(@fakir)

Which pain reducers have she tried? It's really worth trying them if she really suffers. Health before money...
Acupuncture?
Floating? [DLMURL] http://www.aquasparelax.se/floating.asp [/DLMURL]
The Fakirmat?
Just sitting on the beach watching the sunset? [DLMURL] [/DLMURL]

Good luck and bless you!!

Share: