11 Posts
11 Users
0 Likes
Slayers_Gift
Topic starter
(@slayers_gift)
Eminent Member

Hello,
I have absolutely no energy at the moment.
I fel so slow. I falll asleep during the day and struggle to wake up. Everyday things seem like such hard work.

Any advice of what i can do to get my energy back or what could be causing the low levels at the moment?

10 Replies
Holistica1
(@holistica1)
Estimable Member

Hi,
Sorry to hear you have low energy levels etc. Are you getting enough sleep is the first question. Assuming you are - do you have any other symptoms?

(@tottie)
Estimable Member

Hi

I can recommend that you have a reflexology treatment it seems to energized and balance the body completely. If a qualified one is to expensive try a holistic college near you they are normally looking for some-one to use as case studies and it might not cost you anything..

Good luck

Davidmh
(@davidmh)
Reputable Member

Hi,

Have you seen your GP?
Low energy levels can be caused by specific medical conditions (you are female therefore anaemia springs immediately to mind, but there are many others).

Not knocking the CAM here, just advising that its worth having a medical check too.

David:)

Tarotlady
(@tarotlady)
Noble Member

I would also suggest that the first thing you do is see your Doctor and ask them to check your blood, a full blood count which would pick up on anaemia (which has been mentioned) as well as other things that might be an issue.
Ask about thyroid levels too.

There are lot's of things which could be causing this from nothing to something! But as an ex nurse I would say to anyone, see your GP first.

Barbara x

(@star_dust)
Honorable Member

Aside from the very good advice above about seeing your doctor, I would also like to ask are you drinking enough water? One of the first signs of dehydration can be tiredness.

(@michael-price6)
Reputable Member

Re no energy.

Hi Slayers_gift. I would agree with davidmh, it could well be anaemia however you really should see your gp as soon as possible. Supplements that may help are Coenzyme Q10, Bee pollen, iron, cider vinegar. Please post us on how you are getting on

Kind regards.

Pinky1976
(@pinky1976)
Reputable Member

It could be some lingering virus or something as well. Listen to your body: early nights, lots of sleep, take it a bit easier over the next weeks, and lots of healthy food and water. If that doesn't improve things, I would go and see your doctor.

yogajoga
(@yogajoga)
Honorable Member

Are you feeling a bit down or depressed? Ones mental state can have a huge influence on energy.

JohnnyB
(@johnnyb)
Eminent Member

Hi

yes, GP is a good call - if you think you are not well, then do go to your doctor. Make a list of any symptoms, and check out what people have suggested below. Someone in my family has a thyroid disorder which sounds very like what you describe, but you need the opinion of a qualified medical professional

also have a look at your diet, is an important way of balancing your energy

in Traditional Chinese Medicine, the organ most closely connected to digestion is the Spleen and its partner the Stomach; they are described as "officials in charge of the granaries." Spleen is most important, and when it is out of balance we can have feel heavy, tired, "weakness of the four limbs and desire to lie down"

Emotionally Spleen is to do with caring for other people and ourselves, mentally to do with intellectual thought; so looking after people and studying are both a drain on Spleen energy. When it is out of balance it can result in physical tiredness and heaviness; emotional self-pity or melancholy; and overthinking ("pensiveness" is what some books say - the pointless activity of a mind whirring around like a hamster in a cage, looking endlessly at a situation from sheer restlessness of mind).

Drugs (alcohol, tobacco, marijuana, caffeine etc) are all a drain on the system; they can give a temporary boost but draw on the basic energy reserves so we we end up feeling worse. If you do indulge in any then cutting down will help but you will feel worse at first : ( but after a couple of months you'll hopefully start to feel better

Harmful to the Spleen in particular; alcohol, refined sugar. Raw foods (eg salad, veg or fruit juices), wheat, dairy, coffee, and large quantities of tomato or citrus are hard work for the Spleen.

Good for the Spleen; fruits (particularly seasonal ones, plums, apricots, cherries, peaches, apples), best if stewed as they are easier to digest. Not bananas which are damp and chilling; veg (partic orange and yellow root veg, carrots, sweet potatoes, squashes, pumpkins - orange/yellow is the colour of Earth in TCM correspondences, and beetroot is a good blood builder); pork, beef, mackerel, chicken; millet is good (drain overnight and rinse as it is a bit stodgy), also buckwheat which you can cook like rice (and it has a nice texture); warming spices such as black pepper, cayenne, cardamom, ginger.

Try soups with root veg and spices; millet or buckwheat for breakfast; tea with grated ginger, or cayenne (pepermint tea with cayenne is quite nice); fruit cooked with spices and/or a little plain yoghurt to give it a lift.

Your attitude to food is important; it is not what you eat but what you absorb which is crucial. Take your time over your meals. Eating well is a way of showing your body you care about it. If you don't find time to eat or you eat and run, remember that you need to show yourself love before you can have the strength to give it to people you care about.

Good luck : )

(@bluebells)
Eminent Member

Hi Slayers Gift

I felt the same as you earlier this year and blood test after blood test showed nothing via gp.

In the end I had a full nutritional consultation and ended up sending off stool samples. She advised me on small diet changes and vitamins etc.

Surprisingly with my nutritionists advice, I have come on in leaps and bounds and only after 3 months I feel fantastic. We thought it would take much longer.

Well worth shelling out all that money for I tell you.

x

Share: