Complementary Therapist/Massage Therapist jobs

5 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
LucyAnn
Topic starter
(@lucyann)

Hi everyone 🙂

With the summer holidays fast approaching, and the end of my first year of University, I am on the look out for any possible part-time/ad hoc/temp work etc as a Complementary Therapist or Massage Therapist in the Milton Keynes Area. If anyone knows of anywhere looking I would appreciate any ideas
Thank you

* Just to note I am VTCT qualified Level 3 Diploma Complementary Therapies (Aroma, Reflex, Swedish Body Massage, Indian Head Massage, Hopi Ear Candles)
I am currently studying for a Foundation Degree Sports Therapy.

4 Replies
(@biggazfromlincoln)
Noble Member

Hi everyone 🙂

With the summer holidays fast approaching, and the end of my first year of University, I am on the look out for any possible part-time/ad hoc/temp work etc as a Complementary Therapist or Massage Therapist in the Milton Keynes Area. If anyone knows of anywhere looking I would appreciate any ideas
Thank you

* Just to note I am VTCT qualified Level 3 Diploma Complementary Therapies (Aroma, Reflex, Swedish Body Massage, Indian Head Massage, Hopi Ear Candles)
I am currently studying for a Foundation Degree Sports Therapy.

Hi LucyAnn,
where are you doing SPorts Therapy Foundation ? how many years? what insurable quals do you get, and finally who accredits it ?

sorry cant help with PT work as Im from lincoln

LucyAnn
Topic starter
(@lucyann)

Hi!
Sorry for delay in response, I am not always on here.

Fd Sports Therapy, Uni of Beds. 2 years. After 2 years you have a complete Fd degree and you are a qualified Sports Therapist. Fully insurable and able to practice. You have the option to do a 'top up' to make it a BSc ...which will mean you can end up with 2 degrees.

You get experience in clinic work and then work placements with sports clubs and physiotherapists.

Thanks for your post!

(@biggazfromlincoln)
Noble Member

Hi!
Sorry for delay in response, I am not always on here.

Fd Sports Therapy, Uni of Beds. 2 years. After 2 years you have a complete Fd degree and you are a qualified Sports Therapist. Fully insurable and able to practice. You have the option to do a 'top up' to make it a BSc ...which will mean you can end up with 2 degrees.

You get experience in clinic work and then work placements with sports clubs and physiotherapists.

Thanks for your post!

I cant find the course? have you got a link ? I work in the industry for a verifying organisation and do not recognise the course as being eligible for registration with the regulator,CNHC which is the only regulator for Sports therapy since 2010.
just thought I could help you, hence my posting in response. I assume it is a Socoety of Sports Therapists accredited course, historically Fdsc are not insurable because they have not met occupational competency standards in regards to practical training. I am working with a number of colleges and universities to ensure they get recognition, in some cases that has meant a change in the syllabus to ensure occupational competency
regards
BGFL

LucyAnn
Topic starter
(@lucyann)

I appreciate your post and the information you have supplied. The course I am on is fully insurable . Thanks again! 🙂

Share: