Raworth Internation...

Notifications
Clear all

Raworth International Dorking - Closed down?? Help!!

9 Posts
5 Users
0 Reactions
Topic starter
(@dawniew)

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone can confirm if Raworth International have closed down? I completed my Master Massage Practioner training there and would like a copy of my certificates after mine were destroyed in a messy divorce. Any ideas how I could go about obtaining replacement certificates please?

Thank you,

Dawn

8 Replies
Energylz
(@energylz)

I can't see anything when I search Companies House for them, not even a dissolved company by that name. Was it a registered company? Do you know the name of the person who ran the company? (if so you can search on them too)

Topic starter
(@dawniew)

I assumed it was a registered company but it could just have been their Trading Name? They were very well known and many international students (especially from Japan) came to study there, so I can't understand how it's completely vanished off the grid?? The people I know that taught me all left after I did and started new positions and I don't know there they are now either! It's one big nightmare! X

Energylz
(@energylz)

From what I can gather they were also called "The Raworth Centre" and this site: lists their web address and phone number. As you say, the website no longer works which isn't a good sign.

Topic starter
(@dawniew)

Yes I tried that too and have rung the number and it gets cut off straight away! I just don't know what to do? I need a copy of my certificates and I can't afford the time (4 years) or money to re do them!!

Energylz
(@energylz)

Well, unfortunately, if the company no longer exists you may be out of luck.

(@jabba-the-hut)
Famed Member

I contacted a colleague who worked there (more than 10 years ago) and was told Raworth closed last year. There is unlikely to be any record of your qualifications held anywhere - which is why paperwork we all receive should be treated like golddust!

(@declan-clark)

Hi,

I can confirm a number of thing in relation to this thread.  I'm sorry Dawn that you were caught by the college's demise.  Not alone by any means.
The business was not a registered company.  It was a partnership trading as...
The partners held no records and though Norma may be alive in Wales, she left before it hit the buffers.  The remaining Maria Raworth-Ball (owner) and Peter Ball (Burser) are both deceased.  Everything was in default, tutors unpaid and it keeled over around 2009 removed link   

The only records that were kept were by the then acting principal Vivienne Parker.  She'd have no liability now to still hold any records, but at the time had all the computer back ups. 

There were two partner organisations who would also have held records.  Westminster University for nutrition students from approx 2004- and Guildford College for most other courses from the late 90s.  I ended my association with them in 2007, so I don't know when either or both of those agreements ran.  For both, they documented those students who had completed their modules (for subsidy purposes).  Those would have been for the Raworth in-house diplomas. 

Most diplomas were externally accredited (Westminster et al) by the FHT and some by ITEC. Both of those are likely to have continuous records.  If you think you might have a student number in a book, it might help them find you quicker than name and DOB, but if your paperwork was signed off by any of them, they may find you. 

Hope this helps.. a bit.  Damn nuisance but you're neither the first nor last in this. 

Declan 

(@audrey-wetmore)

As of my last knowledge update in January 2022, I do not have specific information about Raworth International Dorking being closed down. To get the most accurate and up-to-date information, I recommend checking local news sources, the company's official website, or contacting local authorities. Keep in mind that circumstances may have changed since my last update.

For more details click here : removed link

Share: