lost engagement ring

11 Posts
2 Users
0 Reactions
Topic starter
(@georgia275)
Estimable Member

Hello all,

Just wondering if someone could help me find my Mum's engagement ring. It fell off her finger about 3 months ago, in the house.

We've looked in the washing machine coin trap, under all the furniture, inside cardigans and do on. No luck at all.

It's especially dear to her as my Dad passed away a few weeks ago and was worried about the ring as well.

It's got four diamonds in a row. Any help would be lovely. Thank you all so much.

10 Replies
Principled
(@principled_1611052765)
Famed Member

Hello all,

Just wondering if someone could help me find my Mum's engagement ring. It fell off her finger about 3 months ago, in the house.

We've looked in the washing machine coin trap, under all the furniture, inside cardigans and do on. No luck at all.

It's especially dear to her as my Dad passed away a few weeks ago and was worried about the ring as well.

It's got four diamonds in a row. Any help would be lovely. Thank you all so much.

Dear Georgia,

I am so sorry to hear about your father’s passing, but in reality, you haven’t lost him any more than your mother has lost her ring. Life and Love is eternal and your father is still going on and none of you can be separated from his love – or from the ring, a symbol of his love.

“All that is beautiful and good in your individual consciousness is permanent.” (Unity of Good p. 8) That was written by a lady named Mary Baker Eddy, whose works I study alongside the Bible.

I have had so many experiences of being led to exactly where to find a seemingly lost item – just yesterday I had that experience and found something somewhere that I had already searched and turned out twice, but I got quiet and listened and heard that inner voice telling me to look again and discovered that it had been there all the time.

My most astounding experience was when I was a teenager and was ski-ing with friends in Austria and the boys started a snowball fight as we walked back to our lodge one very dark night in a blizzard. One of the boys hit my eye with a snowball and when I opened it I realized my contact lens was missing. Everyone got down on their hands and knees, but the blizzard was covering everything with snow. Then some cars arrived and shone their headlamps, but everything glistened and it was just impossible.

We thanked the drivers and they left and then everyone went quiet and I realized that they were all praying (I was with a church group). People started picking up handfuls of snow and gently wiping it off their hands and then within a very short time, the boy who had caused my lens to fall out exclaimed, “Here it is!” and there, lying in the palm of his hand was my contact lens.

Prayer probably isn’t the answer you expected Georgia, but I hope you will feel encouraged and inspired by these experiences below. The lady who lost her ring in the ocean (top article) was my Sunday School teacher at the time of the lost contact lens!

[url]Dwelling in God’s presence[/url]
[URL='http:// https://sentinel.christianscience.com/shared/view/1p7fd2jc678?s= e']
Finding the lost ring[/URL]
Sorry, but for some reason this URL link doesn't seem to want to work, so here it is unembedded.

Love and peace,

Judy

PS Let me know when the ring re-appears.

Topic starter
(@georgia275)
Estimable Member

Dear Georgia,

I am so sorry to hear about your father’s passing, but in reality, you haven’t lost him any more than your mother has lost her ring. Life and Love is eternal and your father is still going on and none of you can be separated from his love – or from the ring, a symbol of his love.

“All that is beautiful and good in your individual consciousness is permanent.” (Unity of Good p. 8) That was written by a lady named Mary Baker Eddy, whose works I study alongside the Bible.

I have had so many experiences of being led to exactly where to find a seemingly lost item – just yesterday I had that experience and found something somewhere that I had already searched and turned out twice, but I got quiet and listened and heard that inner voice telling me to look again and discovered that it had been there all the time.

My most astounding experience was when I was a teenager and was ski-ing with friends in Austria and the boys started a snowball fight as we walked back to our lodge one very dark night in a blizzard. One of the boys hit my eye with a snowball and when I opened it I realized my contact lens was missing. Everyone got down on their hands and knees, but the blizzard was covering everything with snow. Then some cars arrived and shone their headlamps, but everything glistened and it was just impossible.

We thanked the drivers and they left and then everyone went quiet and I realized that they were all praying (I was with a church group). People started picking up handfuls of snow and gently wiping it off their hands and then within a very short time, the boy who had caused my lens to fall out exclaimed, “Here it is!” and there, lying in the palm of his hand was my contact lens.

Prayer probably isn’t the answer you expected Georgia, but I hope you will feel encouraged and inspired by these experiences below. The lady who lost her ring in the ocean (top article) was my Sunday School teacher at the time of the lost contact lens!

[URL='http:// https://sentinel.christianscience.com/shared/view/1p7fd2jc678?s= e']
Sorry, but for some reason this URL link doesn't seem to want to work, so here it is unembedded.

Love and peace,

Judy

Topic starter
(@georgia275)
Estimable Member

Dear Judy,

Thank you for a lovely reply. I've prayed about a lot of things but strangely, not about the missing ring. I will try in a moment. Mum has still got her wedding ring and eternity ring. I hope the engagement ring will reappear. I will certainly let you know.

I also feel we haven't lost Dad. We can't see him any more but he is there, nevertheless.

Georgia xx

Principled
(@principled_1611052765)
Famed Member

That's beautiful Georgia - bless you!

Topic starter
(@georgia275)
Estimable Member

Dear Georgia,

Love and peace,

Judy

Hi Judy,

Yesterday we had a visit from Dad's brother and his wife. They live about 200 miles away so we don't get to see them very often. We had a lovely afternoon and as they were leaving my Mum saw what she thought was a piece of plastic on the living room carpet. It was her.engagement ring.

We have searched and searched and there it was! I think it was because Dad's brother was here that we found it. We're so very grateful.

All the best,
Georgia275

Principled
(@principled_1611052765)
Famed Member

Wonderful - but not surprising news Georgia! Thank you for sharing. A double celebration for you all!

A friend once lost a ring that she had packed in a suitcase when she went to work in Germany for a few months. At first she wondered whether the cleaning lady had taken in, but she decided not to think negatively about anyone and turned to prayer. She says that she emptied that suitcase out dozens of times, turned it upside down, shook it etc. The week before she was due to return home, there was her ring sitting on top of a pile of clothes that she had packed.

I wonder how many times you must have vacuumed your carpet - yet there it was. So special. 🙂

Love and peace,

Judy

Principled
(@principled_1611052765)
Famed Member

Oh dear, I didn't get my facts right with my friend's lost item from the suitcase. I gave her the link and this is her reply:

"Just read the HP bit. It was actually a bracelet in a box and it was 3 months between it disappearing and appearing in a case with no pockets.
The bracelet was in its box on its own in the closed suitcase - nothing else in the case."

As you can see, it was a simply wonderful experience, beyond any explanation - like the way your mother found her ring.

Love and peace,

Judy

Topic starter
(@georgia275)
Estimable Member

Wonderful - but not surprising news Georgia! Thank you for sharing. A double celebration for you all!

A friend once lost a ring that she had packed in a suitcase when she went to work in Germany for a few months. At first she wondered whether the cleaning lady had taken in, but she decided not to think negatively about anyone and turned to prayer. She says that she emptied that suitcase out dozens of times, turned it upside down, shook it etc. The week before she was due to return home, there was her ring sitting on top of a pile of clothes that she had packed.

I wonder how many times you must have vacuumed your carpet - yet there it was. So special. 🙂

Love and peace,

Judy

Topic starter
(@georgia275)
Estimable Member

Hello Judy,

That's very interesting about your friend and the bracelet. Again, no explanation.

Topic starter
(@georgia275)
Estimable Member

And with the ring, it's truly amazing how many times I have looked under chairs and cushions and walked across that carpet, without seeing it. The power of prayer.

All the best,
Georgia

xx

Share: