Notifications
Clear all

Doctors cant find infection source

1 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@shoff)

Hello everyone. Unfortunately my 79 year old mum has been in hospital for the past 3 weeks. She’s diabetic, on steroids (prednisolone) and several pain meds (butenol pat h, amitryptiline, pracetamol) before.

She went in for an UTI infection. But within days she got worse so they changed antibiotic to tazosin. After a week she looked better but they said markers were still v high, so ct scan showed possible diverticulitis. So they changed to meropenem. Immediately she started getttalking by delirious and screaming in agony with headache. They even gave oramorph and haloperidol to counter this.

Now they’ve done mri and ct scan of full body and still can’t find the source of the infection. The markers and going down and now they are doubling up the meropenem with chindamycin and gentamicin. And they said that this is he last thing they can try. So I don’t know what they’ll do afterwards.

Has anyone come across where nobody can find the cause?

And also, what else could it be?

And are they right in theirs being no other options beyond this?

Or is this nhs limit and we will have to seek other options elsewhere. Even then I wouldn’t know where to begin if someone could give a pointer, I would much appreciate it.

Yours very worried,
Ali

Share: