Clear all

Eye problem

5 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@michael-price6)
Reputable Member

Sorry but not sure where to post this! My wife has been suffering with here eye the last 3 days, like as if there is something in it, it is swollen and quite red. She had been working on the garden pond. She went to out of hours this morning and they gave her antibiotic cream. She still thinks there is something in it.

4 Replies
CarolineN
(@carolinen)
Famed Member

Sorry but not sure where to post this! My wife has been suffering with here eye the last 3 days, like as if there is something in it, it is swollen and quite red. She had been working on the garden pond. She went to out of hours this morning and they gave her antibiotic cream. She still thinks there is something in it.

Hi Michael

Sorry to hear about your wife's eye. It should have been checked for foreign bodies when she was given antibiotics. If it is no better tomorrow or feels worse tonight go back to A&E immediately and get it checked out properly. They might change the antibiotic or add another ingredient. Eyes are too precious to allow to become damaged.

Hope it clears soon.

(@mountaineer)
Prominent Member

Always a good idea to wear gloves and goggles when working with ponds.

I'm wondering if she got splashed in the eye with some dirty water and it has caused an infection? If so, the antibiotic cream should clear it up.

Something in it? Something flew up an got lodged in her eye you mean? Gently rubbing (the eye) towards the nose is the usual advice to clear such things. Watering of the eye/crying can dislodge objects. Has the eye been watering?

Bear in mind, an eye infection can feel like there is a foreign object in the eye.

I'd keep on with the antibiotic cream for a day or two, give it a chance to kick in.

Topic starter
(@michael-price6)
Reputable Member

Thanks for your replies. My wife is much worse today, she is lying down feeling as if she has flu, all her joints are aching. Her temperature is 37 c so thats ok I think, she has taken 2x parcetamol. So keeping a close eye on her. The eye is much the same. By the way the nurse yesterday did check to see if there was anything in the eye, but found nothing. I may try the Manuka honey if she will take it, but I worried that she may get worse.

(@gillypompom)

Hi Michael

I'm with Caroline on this one. As she is no better take her to the A&E department. They have machines there where they can inspect the eye much more closely. I used to work closely with an Ophthalmology dept and an A&E dept so I know they won't mind you doing this. It may be that she has just scratched the lens but it's better to be safe than sorry. It may be that a different antibiotic will clear it up better. Not all antibiotics work on everything and perhaps she needs something more specific.

Hope it clears up soon

Share: