6 Posts
2 Users
0 Reactions
Topic starter
(@just-jag_1611053569)
Trusted Member

Hi,

I am in my 3rd year of Shiatsu study.

A guy I regularly treat has Parkinson's disease (horrid word isn't it?) and I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions for me in terms of using Shiatsu diagnosis/treatment for this condition? Obviously I appreciate his energetic makeup is unique but I thought some of the experienced shaitsu practitioners out there might have some advice for me in helping me.

Thanks for your help!

Jag

5 Replies
Reiki Pixie
(@reiki-pixie)
Noble Member

Hi Jag

How's life?

My Qigong tutor (who is also an acupuncturist & tuina therapist) used to say that Parkinson's is too much energy in the head and would drain it through the Stomach meridian. I think it was either St42 or 43 on the foot he uses.

Classically it's usually a Liver-Wind issue arising from patterns like Liver Yang Rising, Liver Blood or Liver Yin Deficiency, Liver Fire, Heat. Hence tremors, tics, dizziness from internal Wind. So typical points to work on would be GB20, Liv3, Sp6, LI4, Du20, SJ(TB)5. Obviously a more comprehensive diagnosis would show other points to be used.

Best Wishes

RP

Topic starter
(@just-jag_1611053569)
Trusted Member

Thanks Dave!!
The guy in question does live with a lot of his life force residing in his head, preferring analysis and thought to feeling and bodily intuition, so I do find many of the lower body points useful to bring his energy downwards. He is also very rigid and unable to receive much pressure, so often my work is more energetic.

Life is good. So many things going on! So many interests! How to allocate my time to them all! Getting more into the purely healing and energetic side of things.

You finished your acupuncture? You seem to be building up a nice little portfolio...

Blessings,

J

Reiki Pixie
(@reiki-pixie)
Noble Member

Hi Jag

I used to teach Tai Chi to a lady that had a benign tremor that can easily mistaken for Parkinson's. She used to come into each class twitching and shaking. By the end of the session she was calm as a cucumber! I felt the grounding of Tai Chi calmed her down and helped to balance the energy flow (Liver Wind).

Still putting together the acupuncture portfolio together to submit in November. Think I might go to Thailand in December. Might do Chi Nei Tsang at the Sunshine School!

Best Wishes

RP

Topic starter
(@just-jag_1611053569)
Trusted Member

Cheers Dave.
I know this guy has tried some Tai Chi but didn't like it much - I will recommend it to him again.

I am off to Guatamala this December! Going to see the shaman I saw last year in Bali. He's gonna bust my a*s!
Chi Nei Tsang course sounds really cool. You could also do it at Mantak Chia's place, which is close to Chiang Mai, though I am told it is quite expensive. I would love to go back to Thailand...

I would really like to get a Chi Nei Tsang massage myself in London but wouldn't know where to go!

Best Wishes with it all,

J

Reiki Pixie
(@reiki-pixie)
Noble Member

Hi Jag

Enjoy your shamanic ar*e busting. Mantak is out of my price range. For a CNT treatment what about the Zen School of Shiatsu in London?

I see from your posts you are making up for lost time on HP, lol :-))

Cheers

RP

Share: