VTCT non-medical nutrition

15 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@ali_jane1123)
Estimable Member

Hi

Has anyone done the VTCT non-medical nutrition course? I've seen an advert to study it distance learning with Suzanne Le Quesne. I'd be interested in any opinions on the course before I decide whether to do it.

Thanks in advance

Ali

14 Replies
(@unicorn123)
Eminent Member

RE: VTCT non-medical nutrition

Hello,
I have just completed this course but it was an extra qualification added on to my full time course so i did it at college. I thought it was very good because now when i give clients after care advice i can incorporate this knowledge. I found it was a lot of information given to us (a bit to much to take in!) but i think that our teacher may have given us more info than we needed (not complaining though 😉 )

Not sure if distant learming is for me but i think Suzanne Le Quesne's book is good!

Lisa

Topic starter
(@ali_jane1123)
Estimable Member

Thanks Lisa, glad you enjoyed the course and found it useful. I'm interested in the course partly for personal interest, but also because, like you, I think it would be a useful add-on to other therapies.

I can't find any local colleges offering it, and have previously studied via distance learning so am happy with that format.

Think I'll go have a nose round a bookshop and have a look at that book, that'll give me more of an idea.

cheers

Ali

(@kate-hj)
Eminent Member

Ali,

It may be a bit late in the day, but I just joined the forum!

I have just started the VTCT Diploma at my local college and Suzanne Le Quesne's book is our core text book. So far it has been excellent and although I have concerns over distance learning (purely personal - I work better aurally so need to hear somebody give me the information for it to be processed, working on my own is a struggle), the course I am on only has 40 contact teaching hours so distance learning could be a good thing, especially if you get to learn with Suzanne who I understand was key to developing the course! Good luck if you decide (or have decided) to do it.

Topic starter
(@ali_jane1123)
Estimable Member

Hi Kate

Good to hear you're enjoying the course. I decided to take the plunge and sign up for the course at the end of July. I've done the first module and am waiting for my assignment to be marked and returned. There's an awful lot of info to take in, but it's very interesting and I'm enjoying it.

Good luck with your course, Kate.

Ali

(@imported_triathlon789)
Estimable Member

How's the course going? Would you recommend it?

Topic starter
(@ali_jane1123)
Estimable Member

Hi Triathlon

Yep, I'm enjoying the course and would recommend it as long as distance learning is a format that suits you.

There's a lot of information to take in, but it's really interesting. I'm working through ita little slower than I planned, but that's because I'm finding time an issue around full-time work, as well as going to college to do massage and aromatherapy courses. My fault - taken on too much at once.

In terms of the distance learning it might be helpful if you have previously done an NVQ style course when it comes to putting your portfolio of evidence together. Not a big deal, but it helps if you're familiar with the concept I think.

I found Suzanne Le Quesne very helpful when I had questions before starting the course, so if you have any specific queries I'd recommend emailing her.

Hope this helps

Ali

(@imported_triathlon789)
Estimable Member

I tried emailing her and it got bounced back. Have you got a good contact for her?
Also I heard she is not running anymore courses (distance learning one's), any truth in that?

Topic starter
(@ali_jane1123)
Estimable Member

I did read in an advert in International Therapist back in Jun/Jul time that Suzanne Le Quesne wouldn't be offering the course to new starters after August I think it was. However on her website it's still available to order, so I don't know if things changed. Try looking at [link= http://www.theludlowclinic.co.uk ]www.theludlowclinic.co.uk[/link] - the email address I used is under their 'contact us' link.

Ali

(@imported_triathlon789)
Estimable Member

Tried the email on her site (again) and it got bounced back again. Maybe the email address has changed and the site has not been updated yet.

I think I may have missed the boat with this course, which would be a shame as it sounds like a good, well run course.

Topic starter
(@ali_jane1123)
Estimable Member

Triathlon, I've emailed you with a suggestion.

Topic starter
(@ali_jane1123)
Estimable Member

Triathlon, if you're still interested I saw in my International Therapist magazine that arrived todayanadvert fromSuzanne Le Quesne saying it's now the last chance to sign up for this course. I checked her website and it says no more students after end of October, but it might be worth a go ringing/emailing again as the magazine has only just come out.

(@imported_suzanne-le-quesne)
Eminent Member

Hi everyone! Suzanne Le Quesne here - thanks for the feedback that you are enjoying the Nutrition book and delighted that some colleges are using it as their core text book!! The VTCT Home Study course is still available in its current format - i.e. paperbased - and this can be started at any time. I am in the process of totally updating the course - not so much the contentbut the resource itself which will cease to be paper based and will be a CD-Rom instead. Please accept apologies for emails being bounced back - the problem here is that I am lucky enough to spend quite a lot of time in Spain - butSpanish Telefonica is not a patch on BT!!

(@imported_triathlon789)
Estimable Member

Suzanne, please email or pm me reference your courses. I have tried emailing you on several occasions, but with no success. Many thanks.

(@suzannelequesne)

Suzanne Le Quesne - Back!!!

Hi - Suzanne Le Quesne here!!! here is an email address should anyone want to contact me.

suzanne@nutrition-courses-online.com

Share: