Notifications
Clear all

Weight loss supplements

30 Posts
22 Users
0 Reactions
Topic starter
(@jemimah)

Do you really think weight loss supplement are help in reducing weight?

29 Replies
Energylz
(@energylz)

I think it depends on the supplement.

Some appear to be gimmicks, that have no basis behind them to suggest they will work.
Others may be things like bulking products that make you feel more full when eating so prevent you eating so much, in which case that could help, at least while you're taking them, but then the problem arises when you stop taking them, there's no self-training happened to prevent you just going back to eating more, or to encourage healthier eating.

The best diets are the self willed diets where you eat a varied diet that is not constantly unhealthily full of fats and excess calories. Such a diet allows you to have 'naughty' stuff once in a while without it being something 'bad'.

All Love and Reiki Hugs

Anne Mary
(@anne-mary)
Honorable Member

Not really, not forever. Not healthily ....

The best way imho is to eat well, cook for yourself instead of buying ready food/drinks which usually contain lots of sugar or sugar substitutes.

Have a decent breakfast, so you won't feel like snacking later.

Don't have 'light' drinks or food, as they usually have sugar/substitutes instead of fat. You do need decent fat for your wellbeing, but definitely not sugar! Plus, they don't make you feel full, so you go on snacking.

A good start to thinking about true health is [url]20 Diet Myths – Busted | Zoe Harcombe[/url].

It's not easy what with all the advertising and 'big business' lurking behind every new health idea!
Lots of love from Annemieke.

(@vanessah)
Estimable Member

No!

(I'm trying to think of a way to expand this, but the simple answer is NO!!!)

(@nicoleje)

lilliy

Hi,
have you heard about lilliy? I don't even know if it is really legal...
do you have any information about it?
thanks

Topic starter
(@jemimah)

Thanks for the opinion guys. But the question still exists is weight supplements helpful in weight loss.

derekgruender
(@derekgruender)
Prominent Member

Thanks for the opinion guys. But the question still exists is weight supplements helpful in weight loss.

And the answer is ...... No!

(@vanessah)
Estimable Member

I take it 'no' wasn't the answer you wanted?!!

Weight loss tablets became readily availble in chemists a few years ago. Since their introduction, have obesity rates declined?

The answer to weight loss, is to stop listening to the chattering mind ('go on, the chocolates in the cupboard, just one won't hurt you... it's in there you know!') and to listen and eat when you are PHYSICALLY hungry. Diet pills do not come into this healthy equation. Spend your money on lovely quality foods which you really savour and enjoy, rather than diet pills which make you do weird fattie poos!

(@nicoleje)

I do have a few friends that used something called slim xtreme, and they lost a lot of weight! i tried it for a few days but it made my heart race so i got scared and stopped

derekgruender
(@derekgruender)
Prominent Member

I do have a few friends that used something called slim xtreme, and they lost a lot of weight! i tried it for a few days but it made my heart race so i got scared and stopped

Good job you did - here is a report from the FDA (a few years old) that highlights the risk of taking such things. Just eat properly!

Slim Xtreme Herbal Slimming Capsule: Undeclared Drug Ingredient
[UPDATED 05/26/2011] All lots of Slim Xtreme Herbal Slimming Capsule, 30 Capsules/Bottle, are being recalled. The products were sold and distributed nationwide via the internet and at the company’s headquarters in Hollywood, Florida.

[Posted 05/11/2011]

AUDIENCE: Consumer

ISSUE: FDA laboratory analysis confirmed that “Slim Xtreme Herbal Slimming Capsule” contains sibutramine. Sibutramine is a controlled substance that was withdrawn from the U.S. market in October 2010 for safety reasons. The product poses a threat to consumers because sibutramine is known to substantially increase blood pressure and/or pulse rate in some patients and may present a significant risk for patients with a history of coronary artery disease, congestive heart failure, arrhythmias, and stroke. This product may also interact in life threatening ways with other medications a consumer may be taking.

BACKGROUND: Slim Xtreme Herbal Slimming Capsule is marketed as a product for weight loss sold on various websites and distributed by Globe All Wellness.

RECOMMENDATION: Consumers should stop using this product immediately and throw it away. Consumers who have experienced any negative side effects should consult a health care professional as soon as possible.

Healthcare professionals and patients are encouraged to report adverse events or side effects related to the use of these products to the FDA's MedWatch Safety Information and Adverse Event Reporting Program:

Complete and submit the report Online:
Download form or call 1-800-332-1088 to request a reporting form, then complete and return to the address on the pre-addressed form, or submit by fax to 1-800-FDA-0178

(@nicoleje)

Wow..
Yes, i totally felt that there was something wrong with that, and i did not want to risk my health.
but a few friends of mine who took it lost a lot of weight with it.
it looked so easy and appealing but i ended up deciding that it was not the right thing to do.

Anne Mary
(@anne-mary)
Honorable Member

When something looks easy and appealing, be on your guard!

(@cipryan)

Natural suppliments

I think the only way to lose weight in a healthy method is to take high standard 100 % natural products.
I am collaborating with a nutritional doctor and we are working in a team to advice people how to lose weight. Our aim is not to help a person to lose weight, our aim is to improve the health standard of that person.
In our conception is that taking supplement for weight loss is not point to do that, because is whole body is contaminated with toxins, the supplement however good could be, they will not work.
Firstly, the person must to do DETOX programme when all toxins are eliminated from organism, then BALANCE program to do an equilibrium in the metabolic system and then BOOST and strength the immune system.
Secondly and finally, the person should continue with SLIMMING programme. The 100 % natural product will work best in one healthy/detoxed organism and they will do what we are expected to do.
This is the programme that we advice our patients that want to lose weight.

(@nicoleje)

Well, i don't know, maybe it might be ok for some people and bad for others. because as i said my friends were really happy with it, lost a lot of weight and stayed healthy.
but sure it is not worth the risk

Patchouli
(@patchouli)
Noble Member

lost a lot of weight and stayed healthy.

In the short term their health may have been fine but what about the long term?

Many drugs have effects that may not be apparent till later in life.

(@gingerale)

Do you really think weight loss supplement are help in reducing weight?

I think no. I've read a lot about side effects, but still diet pills are helpful for those, who cannot get rid of extra pounds in different way. For example, if I'm not mistaken, people who cannot exercise because for some reasons can take diet pills to lose extra pounds. You can read this article [url]Adipex-P Side Effects - health dangers from Adipex[/url] if you are really interested in side effects. This article is about Adipex, popular diet pills nowadays. Almost every diet pills have the same side effects, I suppose.

(@johntailorr)

Losing weight can dramatically improve your emotional and physical health, but it can be a slow process. So it’s no wonder that 15% of American adults use diet supplements to boost weight loss, opting for a range of products that claim to decrease appetite, block fat absorption, or increase metabolism.

Currently, most weight loss experts do not recommend many products marketed as weight loss supplements because of a lack of evidence. Also certain diet supplements, including ephedra, may cause heart attack and stroke. (Ephedra, also known as ma huang, was banned by the FDA in 2004 for sale in the U.S.)

However, there are some proven weight loss supplements available. Which weight loss supplements may be safe and helpful during a diet? Here’s a rundown on six products you can buy at most health food or drugstores that have some weight loss evidence behind them:

Calcium
Fiber
Conjugated linoleic acid (CLA)
Green tea extract
Meal replacements
Orlistat, an over-the-counter weight loss drug
[url] WATER FILTER REVIEWS AND INFORMATION [/url]

(@jennhick)

Few weeks ago iv started to cut down my calories intake.
This month iv applyed for a Halo membership card and today iv spend an hour swimming.
But to be honest iv been thinking about some suplements as well :/

Tashanie
(@tashanie)
Noble Member

I cannot express my concern about weight loss drugs strongly enough. They are potentially fatal if misused, and even when you get the ones the doctor can prescribe legally you still have to do the sensible things like eating healthily and taking exercise

Weight loss drugs are addictive but do work

Weight loss supplements don;t work - and fats weight loss is NOT healthy

I am a pharmacist who spent many years working in nutritional support. I may not be saying what you want to hear - but I am telling you what you NEED to hear

(@abbey19)

Hi I would like to have some advices

Hello,
My name is Abbey. I try to eat healthy but it's very difficult for me to lose weight.
I would like find a solution to boost my weight loss.
Have you some tips, advices to give me?
Thank you.

Abbey.

(@aklian)

Well i am not in the favor of these kind of supplements because these have many kind of sides effects which harms our body parts and make them useless.

Anne Mary
(@anne-mary)
Honorable Member

Hi Abbey, I feel for you, it's difficult to stay in good shape these days, with all the temptations around you!
But it's really quite simple. The answer is not what you generally hear though. Slimming is a very profitable business, for some at least! A lot of what you hear and see in the shops and the media is just rich people trying to get more money out of you.

Are you very overweight?
Are you in a hurry?

The very first thing to remember is:
Sugar is bad for you in any form, also artificial sweeteners and fructose. For 146 reasons why sugar is bad for you, see [url]146 Reasons Why Sugar Is Ruining Your Health[/url].
Your long-term health is more important than a quick fix of any weight problem.

Otherwise:
Eat a good breakfast so you don't go snacking later.
Eat honest food, simple, not processed.
Simple home cooked meals and
lots of veg and fruit!

Don't be swayed by promises in ads. Keep your feet on the ground and listen to your own common sense!
Lots of love, Annemieke Wigmore.

(@sonnyn9)

Weight loss supplements can give you a "boost" in your weight loss program. It will have very little if you only rely on the supplement. Just like people taking protein shakes for working out, weight loss supplements should be considered an addition to your program.

My wife takes Garcinia Cambogia with her diet. The reason why she's giving it a try is because of the benefits in Garcinia that she cannot find elsewhere (or the actual fruit).

Sonny Nelson
Seattle
[url]SuperFruitDiet.net | Lose Weight The Healthy Way[/url]

sarahsj
(@sarahsj)

You can find supplements that will help you lose weight, but most of the time they have negative side effects. The only supplement I use any more is a natural cleansing product that I take when I get constipated or start feeling bloated. It is a very mild supplements not one that has you running to the bathroom every hour.

I avoid supplements that cause increases in heart rate. If I want my heart beating faster I go for a walk or climb on the exercise bike.

(@kayinda)
Eminent Member

I wouldn't do weight loss supplements, but there are herbal teas that can speed up weight loss. Green tea, peppermint tea, yerba mate, all of these reduce appetite and speed up metabolism when you drink them between meals. Plus they have added health benefits too such as antioxidants.

(@mmelly)
Eminent Member

I think it’s better to go on natural and healthy ways in losing weight than taking weight loss supplement. You can lose weight by doing some workout and eating healthy foods. Count your calories every day and exercise 4-5 times a week. Drink plenty of water every day. Green smoothie can also help to lose weight.

(@stream26)

Running is the best exercise for loosing belly fat and thighs and hips. Also a balanced diet plan is essential for loosing weight.
I take Regenon diet pills, they are good in appetite control and help reducing weight fast.

(@phylliswinger)

Yes, weight loss supplements do help in reducing weight but simultaneously regular exercise and healthy diet is important.

(@noramitchell)

I think the best supplements for weight loss are Green tea extract, L-Carnitine and CLA.
I have quite good results with them!

(@chris-fletcher)

You should do it naturally. That is the best way to lose weight than taking weight loss supplement. Going low carb is that can encourage weight loss. Limit the carbs (especially processed carbs like muffins and bagels) including a little fat. Drink plenty of water every day. Green tea can also help to lose weight.

Share: