amy green
Topic starter
(@amy-green)
Noble Member
18 Replies
Crowan
(@crowan)
Famed Member

I read a bit of this - have to say, I get very bored with having to click my way through articles a sentence at a time. I know you get a lot of your stuff from MSN. What is it that makes you trust them?

One of my problems with a lot of stuff that's written about food is that I'm not convinced we've got the macro balance right. And, if we haven't, then studies based on an incorrect macro balance will be incorrect also.

amy green
Topic starter
(@amy-green)
Noble Member

I read a bit of this - have to say, I get very bored with having to click my way through articles a sentence at a time. I know you get a lot of your stuff from MSN. What is it that makes you trust them?

One of my problems with a lot of stuff that's written about food is that I'm not convinced we've got the macro balance right. And, if we haven't, then studies based on an incorrect macro balance will be incorrect also.

It's not that I trust MSN i.e. I read carefully before posting here! These foods combat belly fat because, as it says, they are high in Vit C which counteracts cortisol. Cortisol is released when we are stressed and connected with fat storage. I have also studied human biology so it backs up what I know.

Crowan
(@crowan)
Famed Member

It's not that I trust MSN i.e. I read carefully before posting here! These foods combat belly fat because, as it says, they are high in Vit C which counteracts cortisol. Cortisol is released when we are stressed and connected with fat storage. I have also studied human biology so it backs up what I know.

Sure - I follow the Vit C argument. It doesn't alter what I said.

amy green
Topic starter
(@amy-green)
Noble Member

Sure - I follow the Vit C argument. It doesn't alter what I said.

Well that's a separate topic and doesn't detract anything from the theme of this thread does it?

Crowan
(@crowan)
Famed Member

Well that's a separate topic and doesn't detract anything from the theme of this thread does it?

Surely stating my reservations is within the theme of the thread?

amy green
Topic starter
(@amy-green)
Noble Member

Surely stating my reservations is within the theme of the thread?

Please explain how it relates to the theme because I don't see it.

Crowan
(@crowan)
Famed Member

I assumed that the theme was foods combating storage of belly fat. Was I wrong?

amy green
Topic starter
(@amy-green)
Noble Member

I assumed that the theme was foods combating storage of belly fat. Was I wrong?

I don't know much about macro balance - is it all about counting calories?

The theme/discovery is about Vit C i.e. specifically how it counteracts the release of cortisol. Hence it shows foods which help do this.

Crowan
(@crowan)
Famed Member

I don't know much about macro balance - is it all about counting calories?

The theme/discovery is about Vit C i.e. specifically how it counteracts the release of cortisol. Hence it shows foods which help do this.

Macros are fats / carbohydrates / proteins.
As I said, I only looked at the first 3 or 4 pages - they take so long to load, I give up. Life's too short. But the foods recommended were high in sugars.

amy green
Topic starter
(@amy-green)
Noble Member

Macros are fats / carbohydrates / proteins.
As I said, I only looked at the first 3 or 4 pages - they take so long to load, I give up. Life's too short. But the foods recommended were high in sugars.

There can always be drawbacks to any food viewed for other than the purpose that is the current focus.

Crowan
(@crowan)
Famed Member

But looking at a food only through one focus ignores all the other things going on in the very complex human body. Why is pointing out the drawbacks to the argument in an article you have linked to 'off focus'?

amy green
Topic starter
(@amy-green)
Noble Member

But looking at a food only through one focus ignores all the other things going on in the very complex human body. Why is pointing out the drawbacks to the argument in an article you have linked to 'off focus'?

I feel you are busting to have your say on the macro angle so do so if you must! It's just not directly related but feels like a crowbar job.

Crowan
(@crowan)
Famed Member

No. I said what I thought.

amy green
Topic starter
(@amy-green)
Noble Member

OK then.

I am grateful for the knowledge provided by that link. It is good to know that the effects of stress - releasing cortisol and culminating in fat storage - can be offset by ingesting these foods. I am all for high Vit C foods! Sometimes it is hard just to tackle stress mentally e.g. when experiencing the loss of someone close.

Crowan
(@crowan)
Famed Member

Whatever

amy green
Topic starter
(@amy-green)
Noble Member

Whatever

You seem to begrudge the useful knowledge it provided. That feels mean spirited. I shared it here so that others might benefit from it.

Crowan
(@crowan)
Famed Member

You seem to begrudge the useful knowledge it provided. That feels mean spirited. I shared it here so that others might benefit from it.

I don't begrudge anything and I'd rather you didn't invent what I might be feeling. I don't think you understood a word I wrote throughout the whole conversation. I was either unsuccessful at explaining myself or you consider any disagreement to be 'off topic'. Therefore 'whatever' was a way of withdrawing from an encounter that was going nowhere.

amy green
Topic starter
(@amy-green)
Noble Member

I don't begrudge anything and I'd rather you didn't invent what I might be feeling. I don't think you understood a word I wrote throughout the whole conversation. I was either unsuccessful at explaining myself or you consider any disagreement to be 'off topic'. Therefore 'whatever' was a way of withdrawing from an encounter that was going nowhere.

I did TRY to understand what you said e.g. did several google searches so, yes, maybe you didn't successfully explain yourself. Feel free to do so now if you want to. (It was very evident that your first post felt very unwelcoming of the topic - if it's not for you, then it may be so for others!).

Share: