Clear all

reiki and Bowen

6 Posts
4 Users
0 Reactions
Topic starter
(@cinammon)
Eminent Member

Hi - I hear reiki isn't recommended during a Bowen session.

Anyone here disagree with that/use Reiki while giving this therapy?

Cheers x

5 Replies
(@egreen)

Hi Cinammon
I have recently qualified as a Bowen therapist- during our training we were taught that whilst other therapies alongside bowen can work well in helping people, it is advised to not mix them at the same time. The guide we were given was that no other treatments should be given one week before or after bowen; to allow the body to work with the information it has received and not be confused by another approach introduced at the same time.

However, I have received a bowen treatment myself before where reiki was also mixed in and personally i had no negative effects. Sorry I know this is conflicting information!

Topic starter
(@cinammon)
Eminent Member

Hi egreen - no, that's great! Personally, I can't see why Bowen and Reiki won't mix - it's not as if Reiki is going to physically re-align any Bowen work(!)

I've since heard that some therapists do mix Bowen and Reiki, and that seems pretty sensible.

Thanks for your reply! x

welshtherapist
(@welshtherapist)
Reputable Member

Hi Cinnamon

I am not Reiki trained and can only talk from the experience of mixing Emmett with Bowen - which works brilliantly together.

I think you will find people firmly in one camp or another - to mix or not to mix anything with Bowen.

From the comments I have from other therapists they find it hard to switch off their Reiki when they do Bowen.

Having started to explore Quantum Touch I find myself, on occassion, using the breathing techniques whilst I'm doing my therapies - without thinking about it.

So feel comfortable in what you do and enjoy:)

JJ

butterflywings
(@butterflywings)
Reputable Member

I have friend who is a Reiki Master and Bowen practitioner and combines both. I know sometimes it would be hard for her not to combine them

Topic starter
(@cinammon)
Eminent Member

Thanks, JJ and butterflywings! Really appreciate your answers. There seems to be a consensus that Reiki and Bowen can mix - absolutely what I felt myself; great to have more confirmation!

Cheers x

Share: