Clear all

What is bowen technique

16 Posts
6 Users
0 Reactions
Topic starter
(@janet)
Noble Member

What is bowen technique and what does it do and treat?
I'm having real bad neck problems at the moment and feel neck is constantly clicking and in pain - feel I want to yank it back would bowen help

15 Replies
(@jabba-the-hut)
Famed Member

Definitely worth a try. It works the whole body, not just 'specifics' - check here for the nearest therapist:
[DLMURL="http://thebowentechnique.com/practitioner_search.php?Itemid=53"]The Bowen Technique, ECBS - Administration[/DLMURL]

You never know - it may have an effect on your other problems.

Topic starter
(@janet)
Noble Member

Does it just work on muscular injury problems or does it do other things too

(@jabba-the-hut)
Famed Member

Other things too! Basically it's working on connective tissue and all of your fascia - bodies are amazing things, and gentle moves in one area can have profound effects on other areas!

butterflywings
(@butterflywings)
Reputable Member

I had Bowen after I was in a car accident and the results were amazing. It really helped loosen not only the muscles and soft tissue but my mind and emotions. I would certainly recommend it.

Topic starter
(@janet)
Noble Member

A lady near me practises it as well as physio so think I'll have a go - what other benefits are there? Mind and emotions could be good as I've just lost my mum so I am grieving for her at the moment and finding it hard I also know this women told my neighbour who suffers IBS she could help that so maybe it could do something for my bloating which I get fed up with totally but at the moment I do think stress is hitting my tum

(@jabba-the-hut)
Famed Member

Just go and enjoy the experience. The therapist will do a very thorough consult before she starts the treatment. She may decide to start with the basic moves, and progress to other parts at the next appointment.

Be prepared to be left alone for several minutes between each move - I wasn't told that this would happen when I first had a treatment (15 years ago) and was concerned that the therapist was unwell, as he kept leaving the room!! Little did I know that this is part of the therapy, and he had two other clients in other rooms that he was treating at the same time!!!! The first time I went, I had injured my shoulder. I was only in the room for about 30 minutes and only a few moves were done. At the end of the treatment, he gave me a glass of water and told me to come back in 7 days - which I did. At the end of the second treatment (few more moves - more time on my own etc) he said that he didn't want to see me again for at least a month. The shoulder pain 'resolved' about 48 hours after the second treatment, even though he didn't touch the shoulder that day! I went back after a month for a treatment which I found profoundly relaxing - I actually dozed off, so he left me to sleep for 20 minutes.

I've done the training now, & have become a Bowen practitioner - so glad I did it, as it works very well with my existing client base.

Topic starter
(@janet)
Noble Member

Must try it I know I tried to ring the other day and the phone kept ringing and ringing and no answer but need to do something before Christmas as it really is painful now - pain up the back of the head now and feel like head won't support neck will let you know how it goes

welshtherapist
(@welshtherapist)
Reputable Member

Did you get some help Janet? You don't say which part of the country you're in.

Topic starter
(@janet)
Noble Member

Did you get some help Janet? You don't say which part of the country you're in.

No I could never get a reply and when you're at work you can't keep hanging on the phone - I may try again as my neck and bad really does need help especially after a trip on Saturday when I think it's just added to what was there - seems to be time with me at the moment - want to do thing but no time to do it.

Teesside - Stockton

(@jabba-the-hut)
Famed Member

No I could never get a reply and when you're at work you can't keep hanging on the phone - I may try again as my neck and bad really does need help especially after a trip on Saturday when I think it's just added to what was there - seems to be time with me at the moment - want to do thing but no time to do it. Teesside - Stockton

I know a Bowen therapist in Long Newton - any good?

(@yve57)

No I could never get a reply and when you're at work you can't keep hanging on the phone - I may try again as my neck and bad really does need help especially after a trip on Saturday when I think it's just added to what was there - seems to be time with me at the moment - want to do thing but no time to do it.

Teesside - Stockton

(@yve57)

Hi Janet, I'm a Bowen Therapist, I work in Sunderland. Give me a ring if you want to ask any questions or visit my website at .

Topic starter
(@janet)
Noble Member

yes that's not too far from where I live - can get to it -does she practice homeopathy as I know a homepath who lives there also

(@nathaliem)
Trusted Member

Oh my goodness, it really is fabulous! I started going last year to a lady in Lewes (who also does Bear Grylls!) and have never looked back. I could barely walk when I went to see her and in about 3 sessions I was right as rain. I still go once every 6 months for an MOT

Topic starter
(@janet)
Noble Member

I was in too much pain too wait the for the three visits that were suggested - I went to my physio - first one did absolutely nothing

Share: