Is the bible true?h...

Notifications
Clear all

Is the bible true?how do you really know?what do you believe is God?

62 Posts
19 Users
0 Likes
19.1 K Views
Topic starter
(@Anonymous)

Hello Everyone 🙂

I always wondered how people come to believe what they believe?? :confused:
Does everyone think the bible is true?, How do you know?.... I mean HOW DO YOU KNOW, FOR SURE?.
Did you not ever question your strong hold belief on the bible?.
Have you ever considered that the disciples may have written in the bible through the ego’s fear, because some of its reading is …well really quite frightening of what God might do if you disobey.
I said to myself” Can an all loving god be this way to his creations?” Now a vengeful God- I don’t believe. :022:
I was strongly brought up with the teachings of the bible on my own accord, yet my way of seeing the bible is now somewhat “different”.
I don’t disbelieve in God ( As I believe God is to me). I believe God is all loving. all powerful, all divine, peace, just everything so beautiful no words can describe…..I wonder what could make people dis believe?..I hope my asking gives a sort of view to meaningful answers and discussions between everyone.

………………………………………………………
(A reply from a post carried on from” Healing? A False Illusion?”I felt was a good time to move to. I hope the correct place.) Healing? A False Illusion? Continues though.

Hello Maure

Welcome to HP by the way. You present some interesting beliefs.
I am not really a religious person (Too much control).
But do see God as pure love, yet maybe in a different light (pardon the pun)
Since the illusion post strayed into Gods way I thought it might be better to post in “I think”, is the correct forum.

I wanted to reply with some questions maybe you could or anyone else could bring clarity too?. Often a discussion on God brings a good gathering and I find it amazing the different beliefs.

Quotes: Maure

Illusion???? Im disillusioned by some, God is the Father, therefore male.
We give birth, we do not 'create' God is the Creator of all.
The bible is neither fiction nor fable, its is Truth....
and the truth can be hard to hear sometimes.
But He loves you, despite your harsh speaking against Him.
Servant of Christ.

Illusion???? Im disillusioned by some, God is the Father
(I agree),

Therefore male
( mmm?) .

We give birth,
( I agree.)

We do not 'create' God is the Creator of all.
( I agree. God is the creator of all, if we are made in the likeness of God and we are everything that God is, then are we not (lets call us then: God little creators also?):o)

The bible is neither fiction nor fable, its is Truth...

.( oooh now there’s a question! Although I love the bible, it can seem harsh in places!. that questions if it is teaching love and truth, was it written by disciples who are subjected to their ego as everyone else? Therefore influenced their writings, You know like: God will send you to hell and all this stuff! . Were they writing from the ego’s influence of fear?, don’t know? )

the truth can be hard to hear sometimes.
(Yes, the illusion can block our awareness beyond the veil to hear Gods call)

But He loves you,
(That much is certain):nature-smiley-008:

despite your harsh speaking against Him.

( ??? )

Servant of Christ.
(Does Christ see us all as his servants in the way that we think?. Does Christ belittle his brothers and sisters by telling them they are below him as servants?.
Did Christ not spread the message of love teaching people how to love him and each other? And teaches us that we too are like him, but did not believe. maybe?
For through Christ God shows his love to us!
Does God not teach us that we are free and there is no need to suffer?
Would Christ have us as his servants as a way to love him?.
I don’t know, maybe these questions others maybe able to answer! )

Or maybe I am thinking on a wrong track?:confused:

Would be interesting to read how everyone holds out and stands by their belief.

Just my opinion.(Or is it an illusion?);)

Blessings to everyone

Sacrel

61 Replies
Principled
(@principled_1611052765)
Famed Member

The way that I see it, is that we are all on a spiritual path up the mountain of Truth. One thing is certain – we will all eventually get to the top, most probably not during this present mortal experience! Some will take the wide path which then leads to an impassable obstruction, some will find huge boulders in their way, but through persistence and courage, will find the path again. There will be some who use sign posts, maps or guide books. Some of those guides have been produced by wise people who through the ages, have cleared the path of stones to help others find the way and then described how to find them. Then, we get those who have no time for any aids and set off on their own. Some will get there, others won’t. I rejoice for all who make it on their own. Personally, I choose a guide book.

Though it seems not to be connected, some remarks above remind me of the “old days”, before the Christian Science Bible Lessons were available in print format and we had to clean off the previous week’s chalk markings, then insert metal page markers (up to 54) in our dual pastor (the Bible and Science and Health), following the citations printed in the C S Quarterly.

Well I used to insert all the markers first and then pick the chalk up to mark the passages. My mother used to do it citation by citation, picking up the marker, inserting it, then picking up the chalk etc. One day when she was staying with me, she offered to mark my books for me. I had already started, so the markers were in. She couldn’t handle this at all. “What a STUPID way of doing it.” she said. “No Mum, not stupid, just different. We both end up with the same result at the end.”

Love and peace,

Judy

Principled
(@principled_1611052765)
Famed Member

Ruby, thank you for your explanation – I understand now where you’re coming from! It’s the difference between the one Ego and many egos.

And I agree with you that the great works done by prophets, sages and Jesus are not the mission – to me, they are the side effect of an understanding and communion with God.

God is I AM. To me, God is the I and the real spiritual man and the universe is AM. As I understand it, it’s not about annihilation or absorption – which is what came over to me from what you wrote, but something indescribably wonderful, as described here in the Bible:

[COLOR="Purple"]But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord. (II Cor 3:18)

And here are some ways Mary Baker Eddy describes it – first from the standpoint of of our real and eternal spiritual identity - the one idea man, both male and female (but not as gender):
[COLOR="Blue"]
Man is the idea of Spirit; he reflects the beatific presence, illuming the universe with light. Man is deathless, spiritual. He is above sin or frailty. He does not cross the barriers of time into the vast forever of Life, but he coexists with God and the universe. (Science and Health 266)

Then from the standpoint of mortal man progressing:

[COLOR="Blue"]Mortals must gravitate Godward, their affections and aims grow spiritual,--they must near the broader interpretations of being, and gain some proper sense of the infinite,--in order that sin and mortality may be put off.
This scientific sense of being, forsaking matter for Spirit, by no means suggests man's absorption into Deity and the loss of his identity, but confers upon man enlarged individuality, a wider sphere of thought and action, a more expansive love, a higher and more permanent peace. (Science and Health 265)

Love and peace,

Judy

Page 3 / 3
Share: