Our kitties are gone!

9 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
CarolineN
Topic starter
(@carolinen)
Famed Member

Hope you don't mind me telling you all that I've had such a difficult day - one of our beloved cats:cat: was killed by a hit-and-run driver on the road through the farm and the other has vanished. I've been out several times today calling for him but no sign of him and can't think where he can have got to - he's only just over a year old an hardly ever leaves the house. They are so much part of our family. I just hate it when pets are hurt or lost and we seem to have had more than our fair share of problems this last year.

So my husband's birthday supper was a bit subdued as you can imagine.

8 Replies
(@jnani)
Noble Member

Aw Caroline
Sorry to hear that, he might come back in a day or two? I know how you feel these little creatures claim a big chunk of your heart.
x

(@wildstrawberry)
Prominent Member

That's terrible, Caroline. Your poor cat. I wouldn't be surprised if the missing one returns very soon, after a few happy adventures and with a more worldywise air. You could always try cooking a chicken, and letting the aroma drift outside (even take it outside whilst it's hot and aromatic), he might spring from nowhere!

CarolineN
Topic starter
(@carolinen)
Famed Member

You could always try cooking a chicken, and letting the aroma drift outside (even take it outside whilst it's hot and aromatic), he might spring from nowhere!

Now there's a thought - off to the shop then
.... but my heart tells me he is gone too. I'm going to ring the local vets and cat rescue to see if he's been brought in. Trouble is he's not very bright - couldn't fathom a cat flap and couldn't jump higher than on to a chair, but he was just so gentle and lovely, and used to roll on to his back when he wanted feeding, so if frightened he might not find his way home. Two beautiful kitties, even if they were just moggies.

They were rescue kittens (10 weeks old) and had only been with us a year - seems so unfair to have their lives cut short so unnecessarily.

Thank you both for your kind words.

(@wildstrawberry)
Prominent Member

I you have any photos, you could always makes a few posters to put up at the vets, your parish notice board (?), any other prominent positions you can think of (laminated if necessary).

Cats are amazing aren't they. At home they might be sweet, adorable and gooey - but, when you catch a unexpected glimpse of them out on the mean streets ( 😀 ), they're more than capable of looking after themselves;).

Good Luck.

Jinx
 Jinx
(@jinx)
Reputable Member

Hi Caroline
Really sorry to hear about your cats. Hope your lost one comes home soon.

Definitely worth getting the local word out. One of mine was missing for 6 weeks after I moved up here. She wasn't a confident cat and was very freaked by the move. We looked everywhere, posters in shops, rang vets, roamed streets and nothing. Just about given up hope when a local vet called, she'd been brought in by a woman who spotted her hanging around the garden. She was a bit thin but otherwise unharmed.

Fingers crossed yours is back with you soon.

Junex

Gussie
(@gussie)
Famed Member

So sorry to hear what's happened, losing a cat is heartbreaking and for your second little one to go missing must be even more so. He may have seen the accident and have freaked out, it happens. It's also summer and lots of cats get locked into garages. I would urge you to put posters out with your mobile number on them and a picture of the cat.

We found a cat about two years ago, seriously injured by a car, we thoguht we would lose him, but took him in the small hours (we found him on the road at 2am) to the cats protection league, who took him on board. He'd been hit by a car and then a fox tried to take him before we found him.He looked set to lose a leg and an eye. We put posters everywhere and it took a few weeks but his owners were found and the cat was taken back home a little weather worn but fighting back.

Seriously, don't give up without trying, If she's chipped keep asking around, if not, just get those posters out, the photo makes all the difference, put them on lamp posts locally and on nearby main roads. She may be frightened and in shock and someone kind is tending to her right now.

(@star99)
Noble Member

Aw Caroline, so sorry to hear this, sending reiki to the situation 🙂

Good advice on the posters etc,

NICE_1
(@nice_1)
Noble Member

Sorry to hear that Caroline .

:grouphug:

xx dazzle xx

Share: