choking on gum in my sleep

13 Posts
9 Users
0 Reactions
15.4 K Views
Topic starter
(@shhh1)
Eminent Member

I keep having a recurring dream that I am choking on chewing gum, In the dream I panic and try to pull the gum out of my mouth but can only pull out small amounts in long strands.
Could this be a sign of some medical condition or is it just a horrible dream, it is very real and is disturbing my sleep. Has anybody had the same problem and was it explained.

12 Replies
(@supersub)
Noble Member

Do you ever chew gum?

Topic starter
(@shhh1)
Eminent Member

Hey Nick
No I dont chew gum

aikijason
(@aikijason)
Reputable Member

As to medical condition I don't think a qualified diagnosis will be done on a forum via posts. It needs to be done face to face.

How do you know when to have the dream? Is it regular as clock work i.e. every wednesday? What are your first impressions that this may mean for you?

Topic starter
(@shhh1)
Eminent Member

I was asking for advise and shared experiences not a diagnosis.
I can't say when I am going to have the dreams or exactly how many times I have had it.

Maeshadow
(@maeshadow)
Honorable Member

Maybe it is that you need to speak up about something in real life perhaps?

Topic starter
(@shhh1)
Eminent Member

Hi Maeshadow
I have never had a problem speaking out and always say what is on my mind.

aikijason
(@aikijason)
Reputable Member

I was asking for advise and shared experiences not a diagnosis.

Really.....

Well you posted this

.....Could this be a sign of some medical condition or is it just a horrible dream....

and it appears like a request for a diagnosis because you are asking is it A or B

If it is not recurring nightly, weekly etc then it is just a bad dream....

Symbolically it could mean that there are certain situations in which you are not expressing yourself and your unconscious is telling you do something about it...

myarka
(@myarka)
Illustrious Member

Choking dreams are nothing to do with medical problems, but your dream does have a meaning.

You are concerned because you are trying to say something to a loved one, or someone close to you and they're not hearing what you're saying. It's something that is very important to you, but they either don't see it the way you do, or they are intentionally discarding what you're saying.

Myarka.

(@dodrex)

Choking on gum

I keep having a recurring dream that I am choking on chewing gum, In the dream I panic and try to pull the gum out of my mouth but can only pull out small amounts in long strands.
Could this be a sign of some medical condition or is it just a horrible dream, it is very real and is disturbing my sleep. Has anybody had the same problem and was it explained.

Hi Shhh1,

I have exactly the same dream at least once or twice a month. It has been bothering me too. I have alot going on in my life at the moment ie, fallen out with my mum- we haven't spoken in 5 months despite the fact that we ere inseparable before, I learned eralier this year that my partner of seven years can never have children due to no sperm- it doesnot especially that I want a child more than anything, financial issues, etc.
I think this dream in my case represents all these troubles that am going through but never ever talk about with anyone. I keep bottling things up even though I feel like I can't breath anymore...

Dorex

(@delighted)
Reputable Member

I have had this before!! Not the choking part but I am trying to get the gum out of my mouth and it keeps breaking off and getting stuck in my teeth and mouth. It's horrible and I always get confused in my dream because I am not sure if it is a dream or whether it has actually happened in real life!

(Sorry not much help I know..)

lightwinds
(@lightwinds)
Illustrious Member

Gum is used for chewing, one can go over and over a situation in life that seem to keep coming up, as never learning the lesson and so its keeps being repeated.

Choking on gum, means something or someone in your life could be controlling you, and you want to be free from it, no room to breathe.

blessings
lightwinds xxx

(@darcy19770214)

I happened to read about this dream that someone was having on here almost 10 years ago, I have been having this exact same dream, strange that more than one other person is having this let alone anyone else

Share: