Slowly going Vegan!

5 Posts
4 Users
0 Reactions
Topic starter
(@lisabee)

Hello everyone 😀
I'm Lisa, I'm 18.
I turned vegetarian when I was 9, a few years later, as I turned into quite a fussy eater, my family talked me into eating just fish to vary my meals. I ate fish for a few more years but went back vegetarian as I used that time to explore new foods and improve my diet.

Now I'm starting to slowly turn vegan (well, sort of, I'll explain in a bit!). I tried last year and just cut out everything with diary in and it didn't last very long, this time what I need to do is do it one bit at a time (and finish all the vegetarian/non-vegan things I have), I'm feeling much more positive about doing it this way 🙂

I will not be cutting out eggs. I have ex-battery hens, you see. They're beautiful and it would be mean of me to not eat their lovely eggs 😉 I however will not be buying anything shop-bought that contains egg (as most of it will be battery eggs), as my hens now have a wonderful life I don't have any objection to eating their eggs, I hope you understand 🙂

Anyway, I just wanted to introduce myself and say hello!

I was also wondering though, where in the UK can I buy a vegan butter/marg? I can't find any!

Thanks everyone 😀

4 Replies
Energylz
(@energylz)

Hi LisaBee and welcome to Healthypages,

Sounds like you're taking the sensible approach to your diet which is good... so many people don't.

As for the margerine question... I thought most margerines are just vegetable oil, or soya based anyway, so aren't they pretty much all vegan? Most supermarkets stock those. Butters on the other hand... I think by definition they aren't going to be vegan.

All Love and Reiki Hugs

Topic starter
(@lisabee)

Thank you! 🙂

I've been to sainsburys and asda and could not find one "spread" that was vegan, all contained cows milk. Although, I have recently read that Tesco have launched a vegan brand so I will pop there in the week and see if I can find anything.

Thanks for the welcome:)

(@karlin)

Hi Lisabee,
I am new here too!

I went vegan for a while at the beginning of this year, I did quite well but it just became rather hard combing it with my family meals, busy work schedule etc. I will do it again one day though.

I like the Pure range of margarines available. I think you can get them in Tesco, Sainsbury etc. they do an olive, sunflower and some other version.

I had a great book on making Vegan cupcakes and cookies too!!

I hope the diet goes well for you, its a healthy way to eat. 🙂

(@hoodrose)
Eminent Member

hey in answer to the vegan marg question i get vitalite from asda its really good, tastes a bit like flora which i always had before anyway so no big difference for me.

Lainey x

Share: