Where to buy Tofu in UK ?

6 Posts
3 Users
0 Reactions
Russ EFT Coach
Topic starter
(@russ-eft-coach)

Hiya,:)

Does anyone know of a UK based company that sells extra firm blocks of tofu (not silken) ?

Kind regards,

Russ

5 Replies
Energylz
(@energylz)

Not sure what the difference is that you're referring to (I always thought it was just blocks of tofu full stop. 🙂 ).

Do you mean like the Couldron variety you can buy in the supermarket etc.? or something different?

Russ EFT Coach
Topic starter
(@russ-eft-coach)

Thanks for the reply Energylz,:)

I believe there are 2 main types of tofu, regular and silken,

I think the cauldron variety is silken (very soft)

The variety I believe I am lookng for is the Extra firm variant of the regular tofu - it just seems hard to locate in the UK.

In the US it can be purchased in 1 to 4 lb blocks.

Energylz
(@energylz)

Have you tried Holland and Barrett, or local health food shops. They often have non-big brands, and I'm sure I've seen tofu blocks in plain packaging in the chilled cabinets there.

All Love and Reiki Hugs

Russ EFT Coach
Topic starter
(@russ-eft-coach)

I have tried Holland and Barrett who didn't have it in my local store or online. I will try my local health store too. thanks 🙂

SarahReflex
(@sarahreflex)
Prominent Member

As far as I'm aware, the Cauldron tofu is firm (that you can stir fry etc) not silken (that you can make mousses etc with). I use the Cauldron tofu and to make it firmer and drier I wrap it several times in kitchen towel and press it between chopping boards with my heavy iron pan on top! This helps get rid of the extra water and makes it firmer.

Hope that helps!

Sarah

Share: