Interesting Article

11 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
Crowan
Topic starter
(@crowan)
Famed Member

I'm not posting this to start an argument - but I'm interested in other people's thoughts:

10 Replies
Energylz
(@energylz)

I hadn't seen that article before, but it's a perception that I share, and I agree with him.

If you get to read the book "One City : A Declaration of Interdependence" by Ethen Nichtern, then it kind of opens your perception of the interconnectedness of everything and how, when anyone accuses anyone else of something, they are likely just as guilty of the same thing themselves, indirectly.

(@paul-crick_1611052763)
Famed Member

Yes there has to be a balance, if we all choose a path that is in opposition to the natural order of the planet, then the planet will not be able to sustain all life forms that dwell on it. 😉

Crowan
Topic starter
(@crowan)
Famed Member

Yes there has to be a balance, if we all choose a path that is in opposition to the natural order of the planet, then the planet will not be able to sustain all life forms that dwell on it. 😉

Which is, of course, what most have done and why the planet can no longer sustain.n us

(@zandalee)
Reputable Member

Is this situation to late to change..our diets, our earth and attitudes?

Crowan
Topic starter
(@crowan)
Famed Member

Is this situation to late to change..our diets, our earth and attitudes?

Pretty much, yes.
But I don't really see that as a reason to give up. We may only have a few years left but I for one would like them to be the best I can make them.

(@zandalee)
Reputable Member

Pretty much, yes.
But I don't really see that as a reason to give up. We may only have a few years left but I for one would like them to be the best I can make them.

I agree. Do not give up. Live life the fullest. Or at least your interpretation of the fullest. For my self is taking care of my waste organically as possible, eating as healthy as possible, visualizing the possible... at times the whole mess of our earths is quite disturbing...

(@paul-crick_1611052763)
Famed Member

Which is, of course, what most have done and why the planet can no longer sustain.n us

The planet has become almost uninhabitable before so that balance could be restored, it can happen again, it is the natural order of this reality. 🙂

Crowan
Topic starter
(@crowan)
Famed Member

The planet has become almost uninhabitable before so that balance could be restored, it can happen again, it is the natural order of this reality. 🙂

Of course. I said the planet cannot sustain us (and the other large mammals), not that it could not sustain anything. Cockroaches might inherit the earth.
Although, it has been suggested at least once that we could raise the temperature enough to boil off the atmosphere, which would leave the planet lifeless. We seem to be having a good go at it, anyway!

Crowan
Topic starter
(@crowan)
Famed Member

I agree. Do not give up. Live life the fullest. Or at least your interpretation of the fullest. For my self is taking care of my waste organically as possible, eating as healthy as possible, visualizing the possible... at times the whole mess of our earths is quite disturbing...

What is your view of 'eating as healthy as possible'?

(@zandalee)
Reputable Member

What is your view of 'eating as healthy as possible'?

Thank you for asking Crowan. You and I have discussed a very small amount about my passion for gardening. That is the first place I start is with gardens and greenhouse. I am not a vegan but I am too lazy in many ways!
I grow organic however each year is different in vegetables department. The greenhouse is more controllable. Because we do travel a lot and we go between three different homes eating in airports can be a challenge for healthly. I try to pay attention to where foods are grown and do my best to eat organic. Hope this addresses your
Question?

Share: