Suggestions require...

Notifications
Clear all

Suggestions required on how to become a good life coach?

14 Posts
11 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@anushah)

Hi everyone!

I am doing my BS-Psychology, and I am looking forward to become a life coach, so I need some suggestions that what trainings will be required for it and how can I pursue my career in this field effectively. As I am very young, so I would appreciate if anybody could help me to select an appropriate niche. Moreover, it would be very suitable for me if i could have any good professional online life coach training and certification. I hope I would get some good and valuable suggestions here.

Thanks in advance .:)

13 Replies
(@petervince)

Hello Anushah,

Congratulations on your ambitions on being a life coach.

You say that you are very young (I am young in heart), but that should not stop you being a life coach. I can not offer any advice on specific training/courses that you should undertake. Most people are drawn to some form of therapy/method. Yes recommendations could be made, but ultimately you need to do what feels right for you.

On this website are some great people. I suggest that you look at their websites, read their posts and see if what they have done and are doing resonants with you. You will get a gut feeling when the right program/course comes along.

Kind regards

Peter

Energylz
(@energylz)

Hi Anushah and welcome to Healthypages,

Where abouts are you based? People may be able to recommend a course local to you.

As with most courses it's often better to learn them in-person rather than an online course. You cannot get a proper feel for most therapy based practices by doing an online course, as you don't get the client feedback or teacher feedback. Also, it is often not accepted by insurance companies if it's just an online course.

All Love and Reiki Hugs

Topic starter
(@anushah)

Hi PeterVince

Thanks for your kind suggestions. Looking at some good websites related to life coaching is a great idea, I am surely gonna consider it. I am very serious and passionate about being a life coach, I am sure I will get the best and I am also sure I will make my age a plus point for me 🙂
Thanks again for your precious time and suggestions.

Topic starter
(@anushah)

Hello Giles!

I am based in Pakistan and currently there are no good life coach courses over here, this is why I want an online course. I agree with you on the point that face-to-face learning has its vast benefits over online learning, but you see I can't help it, as there are no local life coach training courses. I have been searching through web, but the courses that I have found economical and appropriate are not accredited by ICF and the ones accredited by ICF are very much costly. I shall be very thankful, if anybody could point any good online life coach training courses. 🙂

Abundance of Love on your way 🙂

(@ipec-london)

Coaching Trainning Program

Anushah,

It is amazing that you understand and have a yearning for coaching at a young age. If you are truly interested in finding the right qualification for you I would be happy to speak with you. I actually went through my accreditation in the United States. The journey has truly been amazing, and the training program I went through has walked me step by step in setting up my own coaching business. If you are genuinely interested in having a discussion it would be a pleasure to point you in the right direction.

Feel free to call at 01372462694,

All the very best and with lots of love,

Anna

(@jennifersmith)

Hi Anushah

Congratulations on deciding to become a life coach!

I did the Life Coaching courses at Newcastle College by distance learning which sounds like it might be helpful to you too - it is also a reasonable price. I did them a while ago now and had a lot of coaching experience already through a previous job which helped with the practical side - however, a friend I recommended to it recently said it is also very interactive now (more so than when I did it) too and you do work with clients on the second part of the course.

Give me a shout if I can help any further.

Warm wishes

Jen

(@jennifersmith)

Hi Anushah

Congratulations on deciding to become a life coach!

I am a Life Coach and I wrote this article about how to become one, that should help with some of your questions: [url]The Definitive Guide to Becoming a Life Coach[/url].

I did the Life Coaching courses at Newcastle College by distance learning which sounds like it might be helpful to you too - it is also a reasonable price. I did them a while ago now and had a lot of coaching experience already through a previous job which helped with the practical side - however, a friend I recommended to it recently said it is also very interactive now (more so than when I did it) too and you do work with clients on the second part of the course.

Give me a shout if I can help any further.

Warm wishes

Jen

Jen Smith

(@francesca87)

Coach company 😉

Hi !

Here a good company of coach that i use, maybe you can email them and see if they can help you, or even be one of the coach over there ? It's called Your24hCoach, have a look they are really nice and helpful 🙂

Good luck, wish you the best !

(@faye-low)

Life Coaching Courses

Hi there,

I am a qualified performance coach and NLP practiioner. I have been Life Coach since 2008 and love it! Its certainly the most rewarding career I've ever had.

There are lots of books to start you off but two very good books I started with are The Life Coaching Handbook by Curly Martin and The Coaching Manual by Julie Starr.

I would be dubious of an online course. Not because of the content as that is very good, but really because it is good to have practice clients and assessments on your skills to give you confidence before you start taking on paid clients.

Life Coaching is a skill - for me it is about becoming an active listener and really getting to know your client's view of the world. Understand before seeking to be understood. You need to be able to ask the right challenging questions and open questions that gets your client to think deeply about things and getting their subconscious to open up and work with you. Life coaching is about peeling back layers so that the client can understand that their view is limited from their life experience and that they can change the way they feel and act. Its not easy but it is extremely rewarding!

I did my course through the Coaching Academy they are not cheap but they are extremely professional, very supportive and you are regularly assessed and have to complete your modules. They do offer a free weekend which I must say was fantastic, really gave you food for thought and you came out either pumped and on fire to be a Coach, or you made the decision that actually it wasn't what you thought and it wasn't for you.

I would say, read some good books (Julie Starrs is a good first book as everything is in it) then see how you feel. If you're still sure then see whats out there but ensure that it is someone who is offering assessments.

Have you ever been coached? it really is an experience. So maybe have a coaching session and be on the receiving end to see how it actually works.

Let me know if this information helps and if you need anything else then please drop me a line.

best wishes
Faye Low

MernaThrone
(@mernathrone)

Congrats Anushah on your decision to become a Life Coach!

I followed the same path by beginning with a company from a best selling authors coaching company then went back to school to get my BS in Psychology and begin my own company. (I lit a passion inside of me, so I wanted more with college education) I have since earned a Masters in Counseling Studies and working on my second Masters in Gen. Psychology. These have opened the doors to teaching positions as at Universities.

Having your degree will give you a strong foundation in this industry. Its a brilliant choice! I had to choose a new career in 2003-4 since health issues ended my last one that I had for over 20 years. Searching online for jobs from home was difficult until I found the coaching company. I worked there for almost 4 years and followed the path I just mentioned. I feel so grateful that I found a second career that I love more than the first. I never thought this would happen!

Find a coaching certification course that fits your needs and goals to be a coach. There are many, so research a few before making a decision. Mine is online so everyone is welcome.

Good luck and post more questions for us to help you!

Merna

(@irenew)

Hi there!

Faye and Anusha

I so agree with all your comments. Well done Anusha for considering Life Coaching! I have found my decision to become a Life Coach the best I have ever made in my life. The most rewarding career.

I would say that age is of far less importance. What is far more important is to be genuinely interested in people, to be able to listen, to have empathy and to be non-judgemental.

Good luck in your searches for a good course. i'm afraid that is a very personal thing, but the advice to read the previously recommended books before booking on a course is very sound.

Best wishes and god luck!
Iréne

(@sandi111)

Hey, i trained with The Coaching Academy. They were really good, i went to their free 2-day thing and got accepted to train with them and completed my qualification last year :). I loved the fact they are accredited unlike A LOT of the other programmes out there and the quality of training was so good. My mentor (Kris) really helped me to get clear on my niche and i loved being able to do practical assessments because by the time i qualified my practice clients became my paying ones!! I would defo recommend them, they changed my life!!!

(@lisasmith123)

First of all, I would congratulate you on your aim of becoming a life coach. If you have a selfless nature i.e. you can help others (whether your dear ones or the unknown folk) without seeing your profit, then you have the qualities of becoming a life coach.

Happiness lies in helping others!

Share: