Can I work for a co...

Notifications
Clear all

Can I work for a company rather than myself as a life coach?

8 Posts
7 Users
0 Reactions
Topic starter
(@jade2012)

Hello everyone,

After getting such a fantastic amount of very useful and interesting responses on my question of being too young to become a life coach I wanted to post the one other question that has been playing on my mind a lot.

Can I work for a company rather than myself as a life coach?

From my research so far it seems that most life coaches work for themselves (are self-employed) rather than working for a company (self-employed or employed). While I think this is a great option for myself in future, at this point in my life I would prefer to work for a company whether on a contract, permanent or temporary basis, that does not matter to me too much (even if I am technically self-employed).

Could you point me in the right direction of companies that employ life coaches in the UK?

Have you had any experience of being employed as a life coach by a company? If so, what sort of company was it and how did you find it?

Thank you so much for all your help.

7 Replies
David100351
(@david100351)
Reputable Member

Hi
I worked for a company as a counsellor and life coach for a while, until they split the roles: I then went with working as a counsellor. This was to service the employees of a large public company.
The coaches used to work with management, as well as giving presentations to publicise the work of the company within the organisation.
The counsellors used to work with employees, stressed by life and including stresses brought about by the management of the company!
Surprisingly, there were not many conflicts of interest. But do remember that when you work for a company you are not there to change the world, you are there to service a contract within budget.

I have PMed you the name of the company. I was told by coaches who interview that the selection process is "bruising."
There may well be others.

Topic starter
(@jade2012)

Hi David,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with me, this has been very helpful as I seem to struggle to get much of a response from people that have worked for companies as a life coach rather than themselves. I will have a look at the company you sent me via PM, I do believe I have heard of them.

Thank you again for your help!

(@jennifersmith)

Hi Jade

It's great to hear you are looking into becoming a life coach. I work as a life coach (for myself) and am employed as a student mentor for various universities so you may want to look at contacting student support departments at educational institutions if you were interested in going down that road too. There are differences between the roles but also lots of similarities and it is a good way to get similar experience and more regular work. I haven't come across any opportunities to be employed as a life coach myself as yet (though I discovered [url]Student Seminars, Teacher Training and Free Teaching Resources by Positively MAD - Key Stage 2, 3 and 4, Educational Free Resources[/url] the other day, who train coaches up to work in schools), I think if you can look at roles like this with transferable skills, it opens up other avenues that might be helpful for you.

Warm wishes

Jen

(@hansfreericks)

hello, I've been conducting seminars and provides coaching and training for chiropractors who want to create and grow a successful business. The seminars that we do includes [url]Cash Practice [/url] and Financial Plans, Chiropractic Practice and Management and others. Feel free to register.

(@deepakwri)

Hi..
I have read about life coaching and found "A life coaching business is the ultimate self-improvement journey… you can’t really master something until you’ve coached someone else on mastering it. When you’re a life coach, you’ll have to walk your talk, and your clients know the difference if you don’t. Running your own life coaching business is a great reason to have a great life and be happy!

The greatest joy of running a life coaching business is the honor and privilege of seeing your clients grow stronger and happier. When you see someone happier, what do you feel? Happier, of course. When you see someone strong, you feel strong, etc. You’ll experience all the joy, excitement, and fun of every one of your life coaching clients. Even better, you get to experience their special flavor of joy, love, etc."

Thanks!

[url]business coaches[/url] | [url]career coaches[/url]

(@lisasmith123)

Hello, Jade!

I am happy to hear that you are looking forward to becoming a life coach. Obviously, you can work for a company. If you are getting employed as a life coach, it means you have a work on regular basis. What more would anyone ask for!

(@zandalee)
Reputable Member

Jade, I worked in the college and university system for 17 years and the experience was quite rewarding. Getting my doctorate degree was the hardest and most demanding process but worth the effort. Today I have a business that is rewarding and keeps me " on my path". Yes you can work for a company, educational system or yourself.
May you have grand success.

Share: