6 Posts
3 Users
0 Reactions
 tj
Topic starter
(@tj)
Trusted Member

Hi all,

I recently attended the well mother pregnancy massage course, where we were taught to massage on shiatsu mattresses. Futons I guess. I want to purchase one, but the one I bought is fab to have in a room permanently, but I couldnt carry it in and out of my car and into people's houses without giving myself a bad back!! Just wondered if anyone had any suggestions, or had come across this problem before?!

Looking forward to any help..........please!!!!!

thanks,

Tj:)xx

5 Replies
jbarry
(@jbarry)
Noble Member

RE: mobile work

Lugging that futon is a great workout and is one of the great things about Shiatsu, LOL. Seriously I have been using a real nice sleeping bag that only weighs a couple of pounds, sometimes I will bring a body cushion that are pretty lightweight.

tj
Topic starter
(@tj)
Trusted Member

Thanks for your reply!

I obviously want the client to be as comfy as possible as they are pregnant, and I am also thinking about my knees! Alot of people now have laminate floor. I have found some really nice single futons which would be ideal. Someone has suggested getting a little gardening cushion to kneel on! I guess its just a guess of trying out different bits and pieces.

Thanks again for your response though! Much appreciated!

Tj;)

jbarry
(@jbarry)
Noble Member

Here in the states we have hardware stores called for example Home Depot, they have these nice lightweight inexpensive knee pads with straps that go around the back of the knees. I use them when I use the sleeping bag.

tj
Topic starter
(@tj)
Trusted Member

I know what you mean! My husband has some for his dodgy knees when he has to kneel down in his work!

thanks for taking the time to respond.....much appreciated!

Tj x

(@bevan)
Eminent Member

Hey Tj
I use a roly poly futon from the futon company in the uk for my mobile work. They are pretty light and you can roll them up (they have a zip to keep them rolled together)....and best of all, they have a carry handle! Plus they are comfy for your clients.

Take care
Bevan

Share: