5 Posts
3 Users
0 Reactions
Fadette
Topic starter
(@fadette)
Noble Member

hello

Ive had hay fever striking out of the blue about 2 weeks ago. painful sinus/nose, throat feeling swollen and runny nose. I ve also felt a bit of nausea/stomach unrest.

I went to have shiatsu this morning, for totally different reasons (I wanted to experience shiatsu) and the therapist really worked the gall bladder and the spleen meridiens+points. I was baffled to feel the nausea rise up as soon as he pressed the gall bladder meridien down my neck (more like upper shoulders), and when he didnt press it I felt ok. then he pressed it again and hop, nausea again!
He also worked the sinus meridiens...I think that was on my hand (thumbs). and feet.

and I am amazed, my symptoms are almost totally gone. All I feel is some slightly dampness in the nose.
I also feel amazingly younger and more at peace!

Im definitely impressed by this type of shiatsu: traditional shiatsu (based on martial arts, it is supposed to be a bit more dynamic and deeper than other forms of shiatsu).

So impressed that I may study it...as I was looking for a way to study traditional chinse medicine without doing a full TCM/Acupuncture course. The therapist says their shiatsu is very similar and based on TCM.

🙂

4 Replies
Angelic Light
(@angelic-light)
Reputable Member

Wow, that's great 🙂

Fadette
Topic starter
(@fadette)
Noble Member

thanks Angelic Light from Beautiful Scotland. (I dont know what it is, I keep meeting great people from Scotland these days, just when I decided not to move there after all. dont like the possible meaning of this!)

Yes shiatsu is more complete than I initially thought. Im still impressed but weighting the pros and cons of wether I shall start the training this year or later...other things appeal to me, like crystal healing, but I think I will wait for crystal healing to do it on its own, so that I am completely immersed in the world of crystals: physically, emotionally and spiritually. Not that shiatsu and other therapies dont require commitment and concentration, it s just that they are more...based on "reality".
sorry for disgressing from my own thread!

Reiki Pixie
(@reiki-pixie)
Noble Member

Hi Fadette

As a Reiki-Acupressure-Thai Massage practitioner (based on TCM theory, channels & acu-points) who works in a very similar manner as a Shiatsu practitioner, I can see the benefits of Shiatsu for you. It is very grounded and mindful with the underpining of TCM/Oriental philosophy. You could always add crystals in with it later. In fact since shiatsu is mainly mat-based treatment, it would be easy to do various crystal layouts that would be difficult on a couch/table. Also when I roll out my futon mat to work on a client, I have a sense of creating a healing space.

Best Wishes

RP

Fadette
Topic starter
(@fadette)
Noble Member

wow Pixie, that was awsome. thank you for this post, it is a very helpful and inspiring post. I will probably do what you suggest, add the crystal treatment and therefore studies later.

Share: