Acupressure and Myo...

Notifications
Clear all

Acupressure and Myofascial Trigger Points?

6 Posts
5 Users
0 Reactions
Topic starter
(@naturaltreasure)

Hello! I'm taking an acupressure course, and would like some help or clarification please.
Medical textbooks often say that myofascial trigger points coincide
with the acupoints of Traditional Chinese Medicine. Is this the
case? Explain.

Looking for some help on this.
Obviously I do think they coincide. However, I believe there are
many more acupoints.
This really wasn't covered in the material.
I've ordered a meridian atlas, and have about 5 acupressure books.
I'm going to do some reading, but please help with this, as I've not found much on myofascial trigger points.

5 Replies
ro§ie
(@roie-2)
Famed Member

RE: Acupressure and Myofascial Trigger Points?

[link] http://www.activemassage.com/triggerpt.htm [/link]

is this any good? i am about to start an acupressure course myself, so let me know if this is what you're looking for and i'll book mark it!

Topic starter
(@naturaltreasure)

Hello! Thanks for the link. I will read over this tonight and get back with you.
This forum is great! I'm new here, and love it already!
Acupressure is great and will enhance any thereapy. However, what will make you some serious money is the Acupressure FaceLift. I found a product that works great along with the acupressure to give a natural nonsurgical FaceLift.
Check it out at:
Check out the amazing before and after photos. You've never seen anything quite so amazing that gives results in 30 minutes with the first application.

I going to study acupressure for the healing and health benefits and use it on myself, and the few people that are open to it. However, when I start talking a facelift, eyes light up, and it's what has been paying my bills the past 3 months.
This Natural FaceLift isn't available for direct shipment, from the warehouse to anywhere but the USA and Canada. However, I personally can ship it to most countries.

Thanks for the link, and will read it and get back to you!
TONA

(@anahata)
Noble Member

I would stick with acupressure points if I were you. 😉

Folks just like to re-invent things, so they can put their name to them. With trigger points, they also charge an awful lot for their literature & charts. [:o]

By definition a Trigger Point causes symptoms (usually pain) elsewhere, that may radiate directly from the point or may be quite remote from the point.

Whereas, Tender Points tend to just cause pain locally, but may radiate a bit.

But then you probably know that better than I. [8D]

A general understanding of them is all that is needed. They are very prescriptive, so I wouldn't bother trying to memorise which points tend to cause pain where. Else, you may drive yourself quite made if your trying to marry that with TCM acupressure. 😀

Cheers - And. 😉

(@flossymagee)

Acupressure face lift

Hi,

I am also studying acupressure - the exact same course as you I think, as I too am stuck on this very question!

I noticed you said you can supply the product for doing the face lift - would I be able to purchase this from you to use once I am qualified - it sounds like a winner!

Laura

(@jabba-the-hut)
Famed Member

FlossyMagee - you may not get a reply - the date of the post above yours is more that 8 years old!

Share: