Buzzard in Trafalgar Square

6 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@mouse16)
Honorable Member

How about that for a title!

About three weeks ago I was on a bus going past Trafalgar Square and happened to look out the window and see a buzzard sitting on a lampost (or post of some sort). It was very quick view but wow.... I was just thinking about it and wondered if anyone else has seen buzzards in London. Bit of a treat really.

5 Replies
Energylz
(@energylz)

Not in London as I don't frequent that area of the UK (if I can help it :D) though I do see loads of buzzards around where I live and on my way to work, even out of my office window (not that I'm not working hehe!)

All Love and Reiki Hugs

Kiga
(@kiga)
Reputable Member

They're quite common round here, too - and yes, they do seem to quite like perching on tall poles if there's one around. I would have thought it unusual for London, but who knows these days?

meadowsweet
(@meadowsweet)
Honorable Member

I vaguely remember there being a program to introduce birds of prey into city's to deal with the over population of pigeons.

But if the buzzards are entering the city of their own choice, its because there is plentiful supply of food and plenty of high places in which to rear their young. Like the wonderful streetwise urban fox.

Love wildlife so adaptible. 🙂

Topic starter
(@mouse16)
Honorable Member

I love little treats like that, really makes my day, that was one of the best for ages. Also saw a Kingfisher recently in the middle of Kingston upon Thames (by Charter Quay) not so long ago. My partner and I watched him for quite a while, no one was noticing.

Topic starter
(@mouse16)
Honorable Member

Another bird spotting post....... Saw another buzzard over the weekend (in Devon) and got to stroke 2 owls (they were in captivity of course!). What magnificent creatures they are......One day I will succumb to my urge to set these animals free and will then probably be arrested 🙂

Share: