What Should I Eat To Gain Weight?

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Reactions
Topic starter
(@wildstrawberry)
Prominent Member

Hi Everyone,

Hope you are all Okay, I haven't been around for a while....:)

Right, so here's the thing... As a vegetarian what can I eat to gain some weight. I'm 5' 8" and usually remain, with minor fluctuations, at the 120lb mark. I am by no means obsessed with weight, never have been, I rarely go near the scales, but I bought some clothes today and noticed that I was looking a little bit too thin. So, I weighed myself and I've dropped to a 113lb, which is too low for my liking.

My diet is really clean, I'm pretty scrupulous with what I eat, but I really think I should put on a few pounds. Firstly, what should I weigh for my height? I just did a search but got various answers. Secondly, what can I eat to healthy plump up a bit?

Any suggestions?

Thank You...

PS. I probably won't be around tomorrow, so if I don't reply to anyone's response right away - I'm not ignoring you....;)

3 Replies
derekgruender
(@derekgruender)
Prominent Member

Hi WildStrawberry!

I don't have any clever answers for you, but just wanted to say it's good to see you again! I wondered where you were 🙂

Topic starter
(@wildstrawberry)
Prominent Member

Awwh ~ Thank You so much, Derek (and Vivien ) :);). Have you considered getting into the hospitality industry, Derek? Your warm greetings would draw people in like bees to flowers :).

Where have a been... I've have been in the process of implementing some long need changes of a personal nature, gradually detaching myself from certain circumstances.... I would go into more, but, at the moment it would only get me wound up.... enough said,right:);).

I feel as though I'm finally managing to kick my stable door down.... and break lose into the field ~ Thank God! I'm not quite there yet, but I've been looking forward to spring and summer and have been clothes buying... when I noticed a minor resemblance to a scrawny french Greyhound......:rolleyes::D. So, I think I should chub-up a bit before I start whimpering, shivering and possibly chasing rabbits.... I have had a strange fascination for them rescently... but that could be because it's Easter........:p

Extremely nice to see and hear form you again too, btw 😉

Topic starter
(@wildstrawberry)
Prominent Member

Hello any skinny vegetarians who might ever read this!

Have been gaining a healthy weight, strength and stamina for my stable-break (entering the final phase; on a carrotbreak right now. Crunch, crunch....) by eating more of the same, whilst continuing with the same exercise regime. Pretty obvious - but, for some reason I needed to see it written down:

[url]How To Gain Weight As A Vegetarian[/url]

Also, as advised by onlymyhealth.com, including nutritionally dense desserts: Rice Pudding (Mmmm!) and Fruit Custard and Honey (Oh Yeah! :D). Plus a tsp of butter in soups (I've been adding it to Green Smoothies):

[url]Weight Gain Foods For Women[/url]

If I come across anymore decent articles, I will add an updates 😉

Share: