Clear all

Post viral fatigue

11 Posts
8 Users
0 Reactions
Topic starter
(@username11)

Hi, looking for advice.

I'm a 17 year old girl and before PVF (post viral fatigue) I was very athletic.

I went to my GP several times, and after making a hospital appointment I was told I had PVF. I had been off school for around a month by then and they told me to try get back as soon as possible. It's been 3 months now.

I'm not in school for the most part but occasionally try to go back when I'm feeling better than usual. That's proved to be a bad idea. Last time I went I did two classes and we had a fire drill, I was standing in the cold for a while and I didn't warm up for several hours after. That hit me hard and I was bad for a few weeks.
Being cold seems to be a real problem for me in the past month or two. Is this normal? I tend to wear a hat inside a lot and sometimes even gloves. When I get cold it takes me ages to warm up again. I don't like to get to that point. I think I've gotten used to wearing so much layers by now and maybe this isn't normal with PVF? (My house is quite warm anyway)

On good days I can go for a walk. Recently I haven't had a good day. So being stuck in the house 24 7, as you can imagine being 17, is very frustrating. I take a tonic twice a day given to me by a homeopath, and take lots of supplements.
My immune system is quite bad and the last two people I've come in contact with with colds I've caught them. Is this common with PVF?

Generally just looking for advice for recovery and any suggestions of things that may have helped you, on good days and bad.
Thanks

10 Replies
(@darrensurrey)
Famed Member

My initial thinking: are you eating well AND enough?

Also, how do you feel a few hours after doing exercise?

Fatigue sucks because to everyone else you look fine so people wonder why you're so "lazy". I have worked with people suffering from fatigue induced by chemotherapy and radiotherapy so empathise with how you feel, though.

Tashanie
(@tashanie)
Noble Member

See if you can find a qigong tai chi class in your area. My instructor has ME and uses qigong daily to support her energy and immune system. It would be gentle enough exercise to not tire you out.

(@jnani)
Noble Member

Hi, looking for advice.

I'm a 17 year old girl and before PVF (post viral fatigue) I was very athletic.

I went to my GP several times, and after making a hospital appointment I was told I had PVF. I had been off school for around a month by then and they told me to try get back as soon as possible. It's been 3 months now.

I'm not in school for the most part but occasionally try to go back when I'm feeling better than usual. That's proved to be a bad idea. Last time I went I did two classes and we had a fire drill, I was standing in the cold for a while and I didn't warm up for several hours after. That hit me hard and I was bad for a few weeks.
Being cold seems to be a real problem for me in the past month or two. Is this normal? I tend to wear a hat inside a lot and sometimes even gloves. When I get cold it takes me ages to warm up again. I don't like to get to that point. I think I've gotten used to wearing so much layers by now and maybe this isn't normal with PVF? (My house is quite warm anyway)

On good days I can go for a walk. Recently I haven't had a good day. So being stuck in the house 24 7, as you can imagine being 17, is very frustrating. I take a tonic twice a day given to me by a homeopath, and take lots of supplements.
My immune system is quite bad and the last two people I've come in contact with with colds I've caught them. Is this common with PVF?

Generally just looking for advice for recovery and any suggestions of things that may have helped you, on good days and bad.
Thanks

Hi
I have considerable experience of working with ME, chronic fatigue syndrome and PVF. It is not just lack of physical energy, such conditions result from pretty intricate interplay of emotions, deep energetic, psychological and karmic factors.
Most people seem to come down with Me and fatigue after some kind of fever and stay on in a very fragile and low state of physical and emotional states. It is debilitating. Most mundane functionality becomes a huge challenge.
Self help is an excellent idea for all kinds of challenges, but also seek help to find freedom from deep energetic causes that lead to this.
This is quite an easy if a thorough getting to know yourself process, but people do find freedom from and move on with their life....maybe even better than what they would have done in absence of this challenge.
I know it looks like a difficult path, but it is also a call to 'know thyself', if that makes any sense.
If you embrace this opportunity, it can reward you immensely
This condition has many perks if the energy behind it is is recognised and utilized properly.

That said there is plenty you can do to help yourself....
1. Add turmeric, nuts, greens, sprouted legumes to diet
2. Add milk kefir to diet. It is a terrific immune system boost
3. Stay clear of thoughts that plunge your spirits and learn to to opt for ones that feel good.
4. Music
5. Yoga
6. Prayer
7. Know that this is your friend, not foe. Know that it has come upon you so you can re find yourself all over again.
8. Stay upbeat mentally

Love and blessings

Topic starter
(@username11)

My initial thinking: are you eating well AND enough?

Also, how do you feel a few hours after doing exercise?

Fatigue sucks because to everyone else you look fine so people wonder why you're so "lazy". I have worked with people suffering from fatigue induced by chemotherapy and radiotherapy so empathise with how you feel, though.

Thanks Darren, yes eating very healthily. Not much because I'm not doing much day to day, might increase that and see.

As for exercise, I don't have the energy for that at the moment but when I had been going for short walks it varied. Sometimes I'd feel good afterwards other times not.

(@darrensurrey)
Famed Member

Thanks Darren, yes eating very healthily. Not much because I'm not doing much day to day, might increase that and see.

As for exercise, I don't have the energy for that at the moment but when I had been going for short walks it varied. Sometimes I'd feel good afterwards other times not.

The only reason I asked about exercise is that (light) exercise can sometimes energise you if you are suffering from fatigue.

(@shining-lotus-yoga)

Hi - I saw your email and would not normally respond to threads but it really resonated with me as I am a chronic fatigue sufferer and have been in your shoes for 5 years in my mid-twenties. I know the levels of exhaustion you feel, i used to fall asleep cleaning my teeth after a whole night in bed! It is a really hard place to be in and no-one can really understand unless they have experienced it themselves. the concept of going for a walk/exercise is great in theory but then you get "payback" for doing something and you are doubly tired afterwards. the earlier thread about healthy eating, yoga, no sugar etc is a great idea and will help boost you but you have to get to the root cause of what is causing this. It sounds like a compromised immune system which is what I had after multiple antibiotics with a chest infection.
I tried everything under the sun, I mean everything and nothing really worked. A family friend referred me to a new therapy which her severely ill daughter had recovered using and I very sceptically went along for the 3 day course. Its been featured in the DailyMail and lots of other media over the last few years. I can wholeheartedly say it was the best thing i ever did, i have never looked back. I now have 2 jobs, 3 kids and a very full life which I could never imagine before. Please note I have absolutely nothing to do with this business and gain nothing from recommending it but i have told so many people about this who have all gone on to do the course and fully recover from their symptoms. I have friends of friends contacting me as they know how ill I was and how much better I am now.
Basically its about an overloaded adrenal system and the process teaches you to control your stress levels and recognise patterns and change them.
its called the Lightning Process by Phil Parker and is a form of Cognitive Behavioural therapy. it works on the fight or flight theory where currently your body is in permanent flight mode ie flooded with adrenaline into all your organs which is why you are probably experiencing multiple symptoms with no correlation or pattern. I had about 20 different things I could list with no pattern at all! Once you learn to turn off this adrenal flood (like a tap) your body then goes back to normal and you should begin to feel better.
Look it up and see what you think, there will probably be a local practitioner in your area.
I do hope that helps and best of luck with your journey to recovery - you will get there!
best wishes

Topic starter
(@username11)

Hi - I saw your email and would not normally respond to threads but it really resonated with me as I am a chronic fatigue sufferer and have been in your shoes for 5 years in my mid-twenties. I know the levels of exhaustion you feel, i used to fall asleep cleaning my teeth after a whole night in bed! It is a really hard place to be in and no-one can really understand unless they have experienced it themselves. the concept of going for a walk/exercise is great in theory but then you get "payback" for doing something and you are doubly tired afterwards. the earlier thread about healthy eating, yoga, no sugar etc is a great idea and will help boost you but you have to get to the root cause of what is causing this. It sounds like a compromised immune system which is what I had after multiple antibiotics with a chest infection.
I tried everything under the sun, I mean everything and nothing really worked. A family friend referred me to a new therapy which her severely ill daughter had recovered using and I very sceptically went along for the 3 day course. Its been featured in the DailyMail and lots of other media over the last few years. I can wholeheartedly say it was the best thing i ever did, i have never looked back. I now have 2 jobs, 3 kids and a very full life which I could never imagine before. Please note I have absolutely nothing to do with this business and gain nothing from recommending it but i have told so many people about this who have all gone on to do the course and fully recover from their symptoms. I have friends of friends contacting me as they know how ill I was and how much better I am now.
Basically its about an overloaded adrenal system and the process teaches you to control your stress levels and recognise patterns and change them.
its called the Lightning Process by Phil Parker and is a form of Cognitive Behavioural therapy. it works on the fight or flight theory where currently your body is in permanent flight mode ie flooded with adrenaline into all your organs which is why you are probably experiencing multiple symptoms with no correlation or pattern. I had about 20 different things I could list with no pattern at all! Once you learn to turn off this adrenal flood (like a tap) your body then goes back to normal and you should begin to feel better.
Look it up and see what you think, there will probably be a local practitioner in your area.
I do hope that helps and best of luck with your journey to recovery - you will get there!
best wishes

Thank you! Will definitely check it out

CM21
(@cm21)

Started taking this drink called O-Top amazing results cleared up
Heartburn, bloating and no longer having issues which drained me of my energy.....bonus the energy and general alertness is way up as a result of the drink....

Take care. CM Desbois

Martha Egger
(@martha-egger)

I can emphasise with you as well. For a few of us Craniosacral Therapy helped significantly as the adrenal exhaustion is adressed with this work as well and it needs gentle support to heal. I trained as a CST at the end myself as this was so unbelievable to me as a patient receiving this treatment!
How are you recovering now? It can take months to years to be fully recovered, depending on how severe it is, but hopefully you are on the mend!
Good luck and all the best,
Martha.

Ray of Light
(@ray-of-light)
Trusted Member

I’ve heard of the Lightning Process. Isn't it similar to EFT?

Ray

Share: