Which social media ...

Notifications
Clear all

Which social media should I concentrate on?

13 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
Natalie Newitt
Topic starter
(@natalie-newitt)

Hi

It so time consuming trying to keep up to date with all the various social media platforms. I wondered which one should I be spending the time on?

12 Replies
Tashanie
(@tashanie)
Noble Member

The one where most of your customers will be found and/or the one you are most comfortable using. I use facebook but I understand the younger generation are more into twitter (which I also use) and instagram (which I have heard of but have NO idea why people want to take pictures of food!)

You can feed your twitter feed on to facebook and vice verse so you only need to make one entry.In fact these days you can link most social media platforms.

(@zandalee)
Reputable Member

Instagram, twitter and Facebook are all good places. My sons love snapchat and YouTube. Good luck.

(@andy-brine)

Sadly, however much I dislike Facebook. It is a great network to spread the word about what you do. It's good for you local network as well as global. Instagram is also an amazing network and in recent studies it showed to be more engaging than other networks, though I would say that is more global than a local network.

One website I would recommend is called If this then that iftt.com It allows you to post to one network and share with all your other social networks, you just have to set it up.

I would also recommend LinkedIn to build your network, I find that works really well now. If you have any questions just let me know.

Thanks
Andy

(@darrensurrey)
Famed Member

I would also recommend LinkedIn to build your network, I find that works really well now. If you have any questions just let me know.

Have you used it to get any business, though?

(@andy-brine)

Yes, I have used all of these platforms to generate business. I thought that was what this post was all about, Using Social Media for Business.

(@darrensurrey)
Famed Member

Yes, I have used all of these platforms to generate business. I thought that was what this post was all about, Using Social Media for Business.

I think you've misread - I'm asking specifically about LinkedIn. Any advice to share? 🙂

(@andy-brine)

My advice would be at first build your profile on LinkedIn with regards to who you are and what you do. This is self explanatory tbh.

Underneath your work, you can then add links which tell people more about who you are and what you do. You can add a youtube video as well as a link to your website or a service you sell.

Then I would recommend posting articles through LinkedIn as this will help to mark you as an authority in your field. You can then engage in groups and communities on there too.

Hope that helps.

(@darrensurrey)
Famed Member

Thanks, Andy, by articles do you mean your own articles?

(@andy-brine)

Yes, publishing your own articles on your LinkedIn profile will allow you to extend your reach.

(@zandalee)
Reputable Member

Thank you for the information. Social networking is difficult for me personally but necessary.

(@andy-brine)

My pleasure Zandlee, If you would like any support or would like to chat to discuss ideas, just let me know,

(@momoftwo77)
Eminent Member

Instagram, twitter and Facebook are all good places. My sons love snapchat and YouTube. Good luck.

Exactly!!

Share: