New to the forum

7 Posts
5 Users
2 Likes
Topic starter
(@zooe1993)

Hello everyone,

I've just signed up for the forum.

I am based in London, thinking of studying to become a sports massage therapist.

Best Wishes

Silvia

6 Replies
Energylz
(@energylz)

Hi Silvia, welcome to the community

3 Replies
(@gumbo108)

@energylz how do I find the right reiki course for me?

Energylz
(@energylz)

@gumbo108

Many people say the right Reiki course finds you.

Like seeking anything you want to look at the background.   Look at the Reiki Master's qualifications, how long they've been practicing for, whether they offer in-person courses and how long those courses are etc.

There are plenty of people out there who offer 'distant attunements', and whilst technically those will work, it teaches you nothing about Reiki, or how to live with Reiki, or how to practice Reiki on others (especially if you intent to practice it on paying public).  In person courses are always preferable.  Also, check out the Master's lineage... who trained them and how close is what they teach to the original teachings of Reiki.  Remember Reiki is a Japanese healing tradition and, in it's pure form, doesn't involve Angels, Spirit Guides, calling on a God or gods, or having any religious connotations, or any 'new age' add-ons, such as crystals and the like.  It's likely that the teachings may refer to Chakra's, though those are actually of Indian origin rather than Japanese, but it's quite common for 'Westernized' Reiki to be taught, especially at the first level, against using the Chakra positions on the body; or learning more traditional Japanese Reiki such as Jikiden, would have less focus on those.  A beginners course in 'Westernized' Reiki (level 1) could be done over a weekend and would involve learning about Reiki, having the attunements, and practicing aplenty on other students to gain confidence.  You would then be expected to go away, and work with Reiki on yourself, and practice on family/friends, and perhaps do some case notes on those, and attend regular Reiki shares (get-togethers to practice).  Then for (level 2) you would learn the symbols and their sounds (and hopefully the background and significance of them) and receive further attunements to those symbols, and more training and information about setting up in practice to give reiki to the paying public (again that would typically be a 2 day course).  Reiki Master is something that will happen when the time is right and would again be 1 or 2 days, to receive the attunements and learn about what it means to be a Reiki Master and teach others.  Of course that's something you wouldn't just jump into, and you would need to be doing regular practice of Reiki yourself.

Before learning Reiki for yourself, I would recommend you actually go and have some Reiki healing done by the Master and talk to them about it.  You'll get a feel for how they work and whether you connect with them and whether they're going to be the right Master for you.  What you don't want is a Master who gives you the course, sends you packing with a pre-prepared 'course book' and certificate and then isn't there for you to refer to later if you have questions.

😉

Energylz

(@gumbo108)

@energylz thank you so much. That had really helped. I think I was looking at the total wrong course for me x

(@neha12)

Hi everyone, I'm new to this community. Hope, I can share my experience with you all.

Looking forward to a great journey.

(@rahere)

Hello my reader. peace to you.

Forgive my presumption, please: I seem to be a home-brewed Master. Let me explain. I'll keep it short, to avoid drowning you in facts, so please ask questions, as I'm very likely to jump A-E, leaving you struggling to see the connection.

My background corresponds to that of Master Usui and his circle. I'm a diplomat from the team which won the 2012 Nobel Peace Prize (2 degrees of connection from the Mahatma), with spiritual skills derived from my Zen christian foundations. Among those was a life-long energy awareness which led me to acupuncture theory.

At the same time, a Wiccan aura sensitive reported my aura as being definitively that of a Reiki Master, which hadn't crossed my mind. So when Pippa Reed reported the Harry Edwards Sanctuary was holding an open day, on the bowed psaltery forum, it was an ideal opportunity to check. Nobody knew me or what was on my mind, I sat in on a meditation session, and read the room. Grey self-powered practitioners, with the exception of an area on the far side of the room, a dull spot. It would have been wrong to intrude, so I cleared my channels and offered power to the area. If it was intended something would come of it, then it would be drawn, and it was. I thanked the Almighty, and sat back. The meditation finished, the Staffer running it asked if there were any questions, a hand shot up from the four people I now saw were in that area. "I've never come out of a meditation tingling before. Is this usual?" I intervened immediately (lest anyone make hurtful comments), explained, and asked the staffer to ajourn to a private session, where it turned out the person had paid for a hands-on awakening, which hadn't taken. They were more than happy at the gift, and the Sanctuary at gaving a witnessed awakening in a new student. I had my confirmation.

In practice, although I've paramedic training from the military, I've been more focused on the IQ aspect: I can make a case for genius. I hate the thought, being attuned to humility, but facts are facts. My medical diagnosis includes hyperperception, a key facet, and the delivery the othed one.

So, a wild card, created fo a very good purpose. The "organisational" facet isn't keyed to it, nor am I that interested in being trained - a gift is not trained. Help!

Share: