Notifications
Clear all

Various problems after second initiation

16 Posts
9 Users
0 Reactions
Topic starter
(@lilihar)

Hello everybody, I'm new to this board but I need some help and advice regards Reiki and would be really thankful to everyone who can give me an opinion.

About six years ago I got initiated into second level Reiki. Sometime later, I started feeling mild spasm in the solar plexus. Over time they began to become more powerful and prolonged. In the beginning I could feel them only when relaxing before falling a sleep or during some energy/meditative pracices. Then they began to appear every time when I was under pressure. Now sometimes they last longer than an hour.

About a year after the initiation I started to feel very exhauseted from time to time, as if something had drunk my energy. Now that exhaustion is taking the bigger part of my daily life and prevents me from living normally. Anything I want to do must first be considered with this condition. It's almost impossible for me to spend a normal working day. Constantly I feel the need to lie down. Sometimes when I can not do it I feel I would die.

Two years ago I started to have problems with breathing. Sometims it feels like I can't take enough air. It is also a consequence of the tension I feel.

This is still ongoing.

At the moment my body and mind are under constant pressure. I can't get enough sleep and often have nightmares. I feel fear and anxiety from almost anything.

I had visited all sorts of doctors. I spoke with various Reiki masters. So far, nothing can help me.
Do you think Reiki had unlocked all these problems?
Can I somehow get rid of the initiation?

15 Replies
Energylz
(@energylz)

Hi lilihar and welcome to Healthypages,

I personally doubt that Reiki is the cause of such problems, though your practicing of Reiki may have allowed you to become aware of things about yourself that are manifesting such symptoms, and Reiki should work to help deal with these things too.

There is no "getting rid of the initiation/attunement". That would be like saying, once you've learnt how to tune a radio to a particular radion station, you want to unlearn it. Everyone has the capability of using Reiki energy, and the initiation simply works to bring us in tune and raise our awareness towards it.

Are there other things going on in your life, or changes that have happened that you could associate as being around the time when your symptoms started? And let's not forget that people do get ill all the time, so it could just simply be a coincidence and you could use Reiki on yourself to help with it. You say they are common when you're under pressure, and in todays social and economic climate, there's a lot of pressure and stress on people, and we don't always realise it within ourselves.

Without meaning to sound blunt (but I know it will, so sorry about this), I suspect you're looking to place the blame on Reiki for something which has not been caused by Reiki. But certainly you've come to a good place to get advice and help, there's plenty of friendly and supportive people here who will do what they can for you.

All Love and Reiki Hugs

3 Replies
(@katharine72)

@energylz Reiki energy heals it can't be negative. It could be symptoms of release and letting go from your auric field, a healing taking place on you. I also sense you were fearful of the attunement, I think someone else mentioned this. Try and look into the history and research more of the origins of the energy you have been attuned to.  Have you tried speaking to your teacher to alleviate your concerns?

Energylz
(@energylz)

@katharine72 I suspect you intended to reply to Lilihar who started this thread rather than myself.  I doubt she is still on the community as it was asked 11 years ago and it was her only post.  🙂

Energylz
(@energylz)

@katharine72 I suspect you intended to reply to Lilihar who started this thread rather than myself.  I doubt she is still on the community as it was asked 11 years ago and it was her only post.  🙂

(@jnani)
Noble Member

Hello everybody, I'm new to this board but I need some help and advice regards Reiki and would be really thankful to everyone who can give me an opinion.

About six years ago I got initiated into second level Reiki. Sometime later, I started feeling mild spasm in the solar plexus. Over time they began to become more powerful and prolonged. In the beginning I could feel them only when relaxing before falling a sleep or during some energy/meditative pracices. Then they began to appear every time when I was under pressure. Now sometimes they last longer than an hour.

About a year after the initiation I started to feel very exhauseted from time to time, as if something had drunk my energy. Now that exhaustion is taking the bigger part of my daily life and prevents me from living normally. Anything I want to do must first be considered with this condition. It's almost impossible for me to spend a normal working day. Constantly I feel the need to lie down. Sometimes when I can not do it I feel I would die.

Two years ago I started to have problems with breathing. Sometims it feels like I can't take enough air. It is also a consequence of the tension I feel.

This is still ongoing.

At the moment my body and mind are under constant pressure. I can't get enough sleep and often have nightmares. I feel fear and anxiety from almost anything.

I had visited all sorts of doctors. I spoke with various Reiki masters. So far, nothing can help me.
Do you think Reiki had unlocked all these problems?
Can I somehow get rid of the initiation?

Hi Lilihar
A correct understanding of how energy works is needed for all who venture to receive attunements etc. These blocks are nothing to do with Reiki per se but how the energy has not been assimilated properly. You are probably worried and fearful of that attunement. Please have no fear in your heart, Reiki does not harm in sucvh a way but as a said an inadequate understanding of how to deal with energy has contributed to your on going spasm situation. You need to learn how to be able to move energy so that it is back in flow, when that happens the spasms will clear.
May it be easy

KevB
 KevB
(@kevb)
Trusted Member

Why do Reiki people insist on making energy such a difficult thing!! ;o)

Energylz
(@energylz)

Why do Reiki people insist on making energy such a difficult thing!! ;o)

I think that's a bit of a generalization. Perhaps more accurate to say that some teachers choose to overcomplicate the teachings to 'fill out' their courses with stuff that's not needed.

All Love and Reiki Hugs

(@oldtimer1)

Reiki 2 feelings

I feel for you. I`d suggest you find a Reiki share group and talk about your problem. Relax and self heal your chakras, ask your guide to help.

Something which might stop your nightmares is to place a copy of the sign Sei He Ki in each corner of your sleep room.

Love and Light 🙂

Tashanie
(@tashanie)
Noble Member

I feel for you. I`d suggest you find a Reiki share group and talk about your problem. Relax and self heal your chakras, ask your guide to help.

Something which might stop your nightmares is to place a copy of the sign Sei He Ki in each corner of your sleep room.

Love and Light 🙂

And use it on your pillow - which is what i have found useful to help me sleep well.

The attunement will not have caused the problems. I suspect they are nothing to do with reiki at - just general health problems. Have you consulted a doctor or other practitioner?

I hope you can get yourself sorted out

love and light

Sally

(@dmytro)

Reiki and energy healing practices are great! But they cannot help in many cases. You need to find the real cause of the problem. Reiki and energy healing help with the symptoms. Damaged Aura or energy is a result of you violating the laws of Nature at one point of your life. When you learn how to really use your brain and you energy, you follow the laws of Nature and the mission of your Higher-self, then health and success in Life are a given!

Namaste!

Energylz
(@energylz)

Hi Dmytro and welcome to Healthypages,

Reiki and energy healing practices are great! But they cannot help in many cases. You need to find the real cause of the problem. Reiki and energy healing help with the symptoms.

I would differ in this opinion. If the Reiki you are doing is only treating the symptoms, then it would appear that you are not utilising Reiki in the way it was intended.

Damaged Aura or energy is a result of you violating the laws of Nature at one point of your life.

Could you explain what you mean by this?
How is energy 'damaged'? And what laws of Nature are being violated by people to create this damage?

All Love and Reiki Hugs

(@dmytro)

It seems that the link to the research I posted before was not shown correctly. I'll try to post it one more time:

It really makes sense and after practicing Reiki for many years I agree that "energy healing or Reiki" can only cure the symptoms. This research really got me thinking.

The real problems usually lie in your mistakes in the past and other techniques should be used to correct those. You worldview also has to be correct in order not to make mistakes in the future.

Aura energy is damaged (it starts flowing somewhere else - to another person or to the past) when a person brakes one of the many laws of Nature. It depends on the case to know for sure which law of nature was broken. When there is a subconscious controlling stress that is causing problems with health, then first of all it has to be identified and then fixed using special techniques - unfortunately Reiki cannot be a long-term cure in those cases.

Energylz
(@energylz)

Hi again Dmytro,

It seems that the link to the research I posted before was not shown correctly. I'll try to post it one more time:

Unfortunately it's removed because it is considered promotional, in that it is seeking to get people to puchase a course or service. You are however, more than welcome to discuss the principles and concepts of what you are talking about directly on the forums.

It really makes sense and after practicing Reiki for many years I agree that "energy healing or Reiki" can only cure the symptoms. This research really got me thinking.

I think you'll find a lot of people will disagree that Reiki only treats the symptoms. Many people have found great benefits from Reiki treating the actual causes of conditions, not just the symptoms. Of course some people do use Reiki to treat their symptoms, but that doesn't mean that Reiki cannot be used directly on the underlying causes.

The real problems usually lie in your mistakes in the past and other techniques should be used to correct those. You worldview also has to be correct in order not to make mistakes in the future.

Are you referring perhaps to gaining some understanding of living in the present moment, such as Echarte Tolle talks about in his book The Power of Now, or as is taught by the schools or teachings of non-duality, such as Advaita?

Aura energy is damaged (it starts flowing somewhere else - to another person or to the past)

Can you explain to me how the energy can travel to the past? Perhaps I'm misunderstanding, but to my knowledge, the past is in the past, and the only aspect of past that still exists is what is here in the present moment that we perceive as 'past', even though it's really 'present'.

when a person brakes one of the many laws of Nature. It depends on the case to know for sure which law of nature was broken.

Can you give an example of what you mean by 'law of nature', so we can perhaps understand better what you're referring to.

When there is a subconscious controlling stress that is causing problems with health, then first of all it has to be identified and then fixed using special techniques - unfortunately Reiki cannot be a long-term cure in those cases.

Would you mind giving us an example how these 'special techniques' work, and how they differ from Reiki? To the best of my knowledge and my own practice of Reiki as well as those Reiki teachers and experts I know, Reiki is very good at working on the underlying causes of issues including those caused by the subconscious or emotional etc. May we ask what style of Reiki you learnt, and perhaps what your lineage is for it, as your teachings on what it can be used for seem to be very different from those I know.

Sorry for so many questions, it's just that you are presenting a different perspective on energy healing that seems quite out of the ordinary to what most of us here practice.

All Love and Reiki Hugs

(@dmytro)

Hi again Dmytro,
Unfortunately it's removed because it is considered promotional, in that it is seeking to get people to puchase a course or service. You are however, more than welcome to discuss the principles and concepts of what you are talking about directly on the forums.

Energylz, sorry. I did not mean to break any rules. The link I was trying to post was an article with some interesting information and research on Reiki and Energy healing (it only promotes information that is available for free on the website). The information is based on the research by the International Institute of Social Ecology (IISE). I dodn't really see it as promotion of the course or service. The main reason for posting that link was to help Lilihar find the solution to her problems. My search and desire to understand how everything works (including Reiki and energy healing) led me to the IISE research, and I was able to find many answers to my questions.
Nevertheless, let me try to discuss the concepts and principles I am talking about.

I think you'll find a lot of people will disagree that Reiki only treats the symptoms. Many people have found great benefits from Reiki treating the actual causes of conditions, not just the symptoms. Of course some people do use Reiki to treat their symptoms, but that doesn't mean that Reiki cannot be used directly on the underlying causes.

I believe that It is great that people have different opinions and I am personally convinced that "there are many truths". I also strongly believe that Reiki is Great and there are Great benefits from using Reiki (I personally used Reiki for more than 5 years, Usui Reiki - and I still do in certain cases), however if you think about it - Reiki is fixing current energy problems with human Aura by harmonizing it - Reiki doesn't work with the true causes of those problems (which usually lie on the mental or causal plane). There are special karmic correction techniques that can do this.

Are you referring perhaps to gaining some understanding of living in the present moment, such as Echarte Tolle talks about in his book The Power of Now, or as is taught by the schools or teachings of non-duality, such as Advaita?

As the link that was removed showed, I am referring to research by Vyacheslav Gubanov and his team. His research led to new spiritual science called - Infosomatics. The main idea of this science is the law of transformation of information from the higher planes of matter existence to our material world. It also takes into account the flow of time.

Can you explain to me how the energy can travel to the past? Perhaps I'm misunderstanding, but to my knowledge, the past is in the past, and the only aspect of past that still exists is what is here in the present moment that we perceive as 'past', even though it's really 'present'.

As we all know human body has physical shell and energy shell (there are also other shells - emotional, programming and intellectual). Generally speaking human energy shell or Aura is our body on the Astral plane. There is also a higher plane of matter existence which is Mental Plane (then you have Causal plane, Bodhi and Atman - all of this is covered in many esoteric books). The body on the mental plane is our body of memory or mental body (all of this is explained in detail in the article I was trying to post). Thus Reiki and energy healing mainly works on the Astral plane - it fixes problems that we have with our curent state. If there are problems on the mental body (like subconscious controlling stress from the past) then whatever energy you are putting into your Aura today will automatically flow to the past in order to cover for your mistakes/stress (violations of the laws of Nature) in the past (there are special techniques that can measure your mental body). Living in the present is great and needed, but you still might be effected by your past and to correct that special correction techniques have to be carried out (many techniques and examples are available from IISE as well as in many esoteric sources).

Can you give an example of what you mean by 'law of nature', so we can perhaps understand better what you're referring to.
Would you mind giving us an example how these 'special techniques' work, and how they differ from Reiki? To the best of my knowledge and my own practice of Reiki as well as those Reiki teachers and experts I know, Reiki is very good at working on the underlying causes of issues including those caused by the subconscious or emotional etc. May we ask what style of Reiki you learnt, and perhaps what your lineage is for it, as your teachings on what it can be used for seem to be very different from those I know.
Sorry for so many questions, it's just that you are presenting a different perspective on energy healing that seems quite out of the ordinary to what most of us here practice.

Here are few, so called "laws of Nature" (it is basically the collection of different laws from different sources).
"As above so below". (Hermeticism)
"Like attracts alike" or Law of Attraction.
"People have to follow the mission of their Own Higher-self"
"The Law of Transformation of Quantity into Quality" Dialectics
Law of interaction between living systems:
"The power of interaction between the source and receiver does not depend on the distance between them. It only depends on the level of their correspondence with each other." the law describing the effects of Distant healing.
etc.. (there is a huge list)
Going back to Reiki, one of the "laws of Nature" says :
"Freedom of one person is sacred until it interferes with freedom of another person".
When Reiki practitioner or energy healer is conducting a healing session, he or she inevitably violates the freedom of another person (which is a good thing for the time being since the healer is trying to help). However, if the client keeps coming back for more sessions without solving the true cause of the problem, then the healer could be in trouble. We all get problems with health not because we did something wrong, but for us to start doing something about it. Most problems in life are created by our higher-self for us to learn something new and leave our comfort zone. However, if we just take Reiki or energy healing without evolving, then we are not working with the main cause (which is usually our worldview). We are just trying to use a Reiki practitioner as a pill that takes care of the symptoms and we don't want to do anything ourselves. If this happens, our higher-self and our higher guides are forced to make us and those who help us uncomfortable (clients stay sick and Reiki masters involved with the client get sick as well - since they helped the client to cheat on their exam of their school of life). You might say that disconnection techniques should be conducted after each session, and you will be right! But those techniques work only on the astral level, if during a healing session a practitioner and the client got connected on the mental plane or above (which often happens) then just conducting the usual disconnection technique will not work. With time (usually after about 5 years) Reiki Master or Practitioner might start feeling the burden of all those connections (quantity is transformed into quality). I personally witnessed many Reiki Master having trouble with their health after they practiced Reiki on certain clients for a long time. However, there are also exceptions to those rules - if the mission of your higher-self and your guides to be energy or Reiki healer then you should be fine as long as you enjoy what you are doing!

I hope I was able to answer your questions. If not or you have more questions, I will be more than happy to continue, but I think it would be better to start a new topic (if allowed). I also hope that Lilihar will find solution to her problems!

Have a great day,

Namaste,

Dmytro.

(@paul-crick_1611052763)
Famed Member

Hi Dmytro

however if you think about it - Reiki is fixing current energy problems with human Aura by harmonizing it - Reiki doesn't work with the true causes of those problems (which usually lie on the mental or causal plane). There are special karmic correction techniques that can do this.

Healing is about re-harmonising self to create inner wholeness in place of inner division, as to how much a healer can re-harmonise all aspects of someone to create wholeness, does not necessarily depend upon the healing modality that the person utilises or not as they may not use any, but upon their understanding of what a human being is and how we function as a human being.

So to say that all Reiki practitioners can not work with the underlying cause of peoples disharmony, is not correct, the modality may not teach them how to do it, but they can learn to do it for themselves as they are the healers, not the modality.

As for 'special karmic correction techniques', that appears to be a contradiction in healing terminology, for karma is based upon judgement which creates the inner divisions or underlying cause, healing is non-judgemental, so to heal karma is simply to let go of the internal judgements that the belief in karma has set up as a core way of being.

Thus Reiki and energy healing mainly works on the Astral plane - it fixes problems that we have with our curent state.

We do not have any problems that exists outside of our current state of being, we only have our life experience as it is created and manifested within the our current life experience.

If there are problems on the mental body (like subconscious controlling stress from the past) then whatever energy you are putting into your Aura today will automatically flow to the past in order to cover for your mistakes/stress (violations of the laws of Nature) in the past (there are special techniques that can measure your mental body). Living in the present is great and needed, but you still might be effected by your past and to correct that special correction techniques have to be carried out (many techniques and examples are available from IISE as well as in many esoteric sources).

There is no such thing as our memory consciousness (subconscious) controlling stress from the past, it is a record of the past, that is all, the information that is contained within our memory consciousness, might not reflect the past as it was, for we choose how we wish to interpret our life experience and place judgements upon what has been.

Any stress that someone is creating within their existence is always being created right now, if someone chooses to become fixated upon something which has happened but no longer exists outside of their memory aspect of consciousness, then whatever feelings and associated stress that they are creating though that choice, is happening within their life experience right now, which is where it is healed in the here and now. 🙂

Here are few, so called "laws of Nature" (it is basically the collection of different laws from different sources).
"As above so below". (Hermeticism)
"Like attracts alike" or Law of Attraction.
"People have to follow the mission of their Own Higher-self"
"The Law of Transformation of Quantity into Quality" Dialectics
Law of interaction between living systems:
"The power of interaction between the source and receiver does not depend on the distance between them. It only depends on the level of their correspondence with each other." the law describing the effects of Distant healing.
etc.. (there is a huge list)

Personally I do not perceive those as laws of nature, but rather they are beliefs and understandings which are open to interpretation.

Going back to Reiki, one of the "laws of Nature" says :
"Freedom of one person is sacred until it interferes with freedom of another person".
When Reiki practitioner or energy healer is conducting a healing session, he or she inevitably violates the freedom of another person (which is a good thing for the time being since the healer is trying to help).

A healer should never attempt to violate the freedom of another person, should a healer attempt to do so, then they are no longer healing, they are attempting to control and manipulate, not heal.

Saying that what I am doing is all right because I am trying to help someone does not make it right, healers should always ask permission if they feel that they need to offer healing to someone, but it is better for a healer to wait to be asked for healing before healing.

However, if the client keeps coming back for more sessions without solving the true cause of the problem, then the healer could be in trouble.

If someone comes for healing and we outline the underlying cause and they say that at this time they are not prepared to sort that out, then we can only do what they agree to receive and help them to become more balanced and harmonised within what they are prepared to receive, otherwise we are dictating and manipulating, which is not healing.

We all get problems with health not because we did something wrong, but for us to start doing something about it. Most problems in life are created by our higher-self for us to learn something new and leave our comfort zone. However, if we just take Reiki or energy healing without evolving, then we are not working with the main cause (which is usually our worldview).

I do not know where you have got that information from, but it is the complete reverse of what I understand about our higher self, it also implies that one aspect of self is separate from another aspect of self, when in reality separateness and division between aspects of self creates inner conflicts and disharmony, which manifests as the symptoms which healers are presented with.

In my experience our underlying problems are not created by our higher self, which is impartial and non-judgemental with the choices that we make in our everyday thinking aspect of consciousness, it is our everyday thinking aspect of consciousness which chooses to become judgemental and create inner divisions between aspects of self that creates our core way of being which our general state of health and wellbeing reflects.

We are just trying to use a Reiki practitioner as a pill that takes care of the symptoms and we don't want to do anything ourselves. If this happens, our higher-self and our higher guides are forced to make us and those who help us uncomfortable (clients stay sick and Reiki masters involved with the client get sick as well - since they helped the client to cheat on their exam of their school of life).

That is a very judgemental opinion upon something which is non-judgemental, out higher self is self, it is not separate all is one within the fullness of self and beyond self all is one within the oneness of consciousness.

Our general state of health and wellbeing is a direct reflection of our underlying thought patterns and beliefs, because we choose to create and embrace separateness and conflict within the fullness of self, we create our own inner disharmony, there is no scape goat involved, if we are out of balance, then we have created the imbalance, no one else.

You might say that disconnection techniques should be conducted after each session, and you will be right! But those techniques work only on the astral level, if during a healing session a practitioner and the client got connected on the mental plane or above (which often happens) then just conducting the usual disconnection technique will not work. With time (usually after about 5 years) Reiki Master or Practitioner might start feeling the burden of all those connections (quantity is transformed into quality). I personally witnessed many Reiki Master having trouble with their health after they practiced Reiki on certain clients for a long time.

Our thoughts create our realities, it appears that your thought patterns and beliefs are creating things in your life experience that in all my years of healing have not encountered, I am happy to connect my fullness within the fullness of the people that I work with in an open and non-judgemental way, there problems are not my problems, at the end of the healing session I disconnect from them, so that I am ready to connect with the next person that requires healing.

However, there are also exceptions to those rules - if the mission of your higher-self and your guides to be energy or Reiki healer then you should be fine as long as you enjoy what you are doing!

There are no rules, people are not forced to learn to become healers, they choose to learn to become a healer, once they have learn how to heal, then they are free to choose to heal or not.

Share: