Kinesiology - different types?

7 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
11.2 K Views
Topic starter
(@energy)
Eminent Member

I would like to know the difference between the various Kinesiology schools like Applied Kinesiology, Health Kinesiology, Touch for Health, Systematic Kinesiology etc.
Does anyone know what's best and the major differences?

Thanks

Energy

6 Replies
(@janewriting)
Estimable Member

RE: Kinesiology - different types?

All the different types of kinesiology share the same basic tool muscle testing. Beyond that the different branches tend to reflect the different personalities of the people who developed them.
If you are trying to decide which type of kinesiology to study, phone up the teacher - if you feel rapport with them the chances are that you will enjoy learning from there and enjoy the kinesiology they are enthusiastic about.

(@therapy-webmaster)

Hi energy,

As you say, there are several to choose from.

It makes sense to choose a course that is recognised by the Kinesiology Federation and OCN, so you become properly qualified after spending time and money on training. You might try the following web site. It contains general advice on therapy classes and tuition and includes some details on kinesiology courses and classes in UK. See:

Of the various (8?) kinesiology groups in UK, health kinesiology is the fastest growing and provides a lot of active support for its therapists from the busy web site. www/hk4health.co.uk/

Good luck with your training,

Roger

Kolo
(@kolo)
Trusted Member

I think one of the important aspects of kineseology, is to know what it does and where it can take you.

It is also a 'programme' -- ones kinesthetic interpretation, maybe not anothers.

But they are all saying one thing .. there is something to address in each response.

And what one 'addresses', is entirely up to the knowledge, and awareness one is currently at.
And the level of healing one is understanding.

Namaste
Kolo

(@sugarbabe)
Reputable Member

I would like to know the difference between the various Kinesiology schools like Applied Kinesiology, Health Kinesiology, Touch for Health, Systematic Kinesiology etc.
Does anyone know what's best and the major differences?

Thanks

Energy

Hope no-one minds me bumping this up but I don't think the question has really been answered, and as it's over a year old the thread is a bit hidden!

So can anyone give a little definition about what the differences are - I am guessing that each is equally valuable/valid a discipline.

Sugar x

(@elliet)
Eminent Member

Hi

Applied Kinesiology was originally developed by a chiropractor, George Goodheart to help his chiropractic corrections. Then another chiropractor, John Thie, developed Touch for Health which had techniques which could be taught to people who did not have a chiropractic backgound. More people then trained in Touch for Health and began to develop their own approachs to kinesiology; so, Gordon Stokes and Daniel Whiteside developed Three in One Concepts, Bruce Dewe developed PKP, Jimmy Scott developed Health Kinesiology etc. None is any better than the rest they are just different and equally powerful and valid. A number of kinesiologists in Britain have done training in more than one branch.

The Kinesiology Federation website - provides information about all the different branches that it recognises; there is also a practitioner search facility which would allow you to find which kinesiologists are near you and then you could contact them directly to get information on their particular branch.

I trust that helps.

El

(@sugarbabe)
Reputable Member

I trust that helps. El

Spot on thanks! 😎

Share: