Clear all

inner prompting

8 Posts
6 Users
0 Reactions
Topic starter
(@tigress)
Illustrious Member

I used to go to a Spiritualist Church many years ago, and then stopped.

A few weeks ago I had a v strong inner prompting to visit a church again.

I found one in my area and went along for an evening service.

It was ok, but nothing 'happened' and I am left wondering why I got such a prompting.

It seems inportant that I actually did folow the intuition, and I am nor inspired to go again

tigress

7 Replies
aikijason
(@aikijason)
Reputable Member

Maybe this was just what it was a lesson in noticing and acting on your intuition. You passed well done!

Topic starter
(@tigress)
Illustrious Member

hmm, maybe, although I ususally do follow my inner guidance...and it usually makes more sense than this.

tigress

aikijason
(@aikijason)
Reputable Member

So could it be that you needed to revisit a past experience to realise how far you have come and how much you have developed in yourself?

As you already know sometimes spirit give us little prods and challenges that are not immediately apparent but give fantastic Ah Ha! moments when all the pieces fall into place.

If you are feeling a little confused this is a good thing it means you are about to have an insight. I am sure that it will come to you pretty soon and I will wait to see the Ah Ha posting when you have it...;)

(@devonmassage)
Eminent Member

Nothing >hasshould< have occured, which it doesn't. 'The Powers That Be' have strange ways of linking in seemingly random things which aren't apparent at the time!

🙂

dip into healing
(@dip-into-healing)
Honorable Member

Sorry for my ignorance, but what sorts of things happen at a Spiritualist Church? Is it religion based? I have been meaning to check my local one out, but I'd like an idea of what to expect?!

Thanks xx

(@scommstech)
Honorable Member

Sorry for my ignorance, but what sorts of things happen at a Spiritualist Church? Is it religion based? I have been meaning to check my local one out, but I'd like an idea of what to expect?!

Thanks xx

I used to class spiritualism as a religion, in its own right. I am not too sure now. Plenty of people do however regard spiritualism as a religion. Someone on this forum said it was more like a compass that could work alongside most other religions. The actual service seems to be for a medium to demonstrate that the soul or spirit survives after death. This is done by passing messages from visiting spirits, who can be recognized by a member of the audience.
The medium will say things like I've a message for John, or Joan is there anybody here of that name.. Or they may say there is a woman here named Betty can anybody take it. If there is a contact, it is then developed until the recipient is satisfied that the contact is who they claim to be, and any messages passed are specific for them..
A person can decline a contact, its up to them.
The spiritual church that I frequent uses this method but does not really pursue the conclusion, that if the soul survives then should we not be pursuing better lives as there is a greater system that we are a part of.
Good churches will have tea, and cakes, and after the service, most offer healing. Its a very loving experience and most people return each week.

Regards

sunanda
(@sunanda)
Illustrious Member

Good churches will have tea, and cakes,

Well, that sounds like a good reason to go!:p

Share: