Evidence for the existence of spirits?

34 Posts
15 Users
0 Likes
Moonfairy
Topic starter
(@moonfairy)
Illustrious Member

It has been written that Spiritualism aims to give evidence that a part of everyone, their spirit, continues to exist after death and for eternity. I was wondering if anyone would like to share their personal experiences of this?

33 Replies
myarka
(@myarka)
Illustrious Member

I was wondering if anyone would like to share their personal experiences of this?

I'm not a Spiritualist, but I do believe in spirits and experience their presence regularly. It is something that I cannot deny, but I also believe that it's a gift of sensitivity.

Do I think I need to provide evidence?

No, I think these experiences are personal and are open to anyone who is open to see them. Or perhaps should I say those who don't live in denial?

Sometimes I think we miss the point by looking for reason or answers through these experiences, when perhaps the real reason is right in front of us. I know from my own experience the frequency of visits is dynamic and very strongly linked to past experiences, or past life experiences as it were.

I'm not totally sure if past life experiences are my experiences, messages from the past or random collections from the subconscious. However, I've discounted the later because it wouldn't fit history as the former do.

So I rejoice in these experiences, I am thankful when I can see warnings and I'm at peace with my spiritual side.

Myarka

(@tigress)
Illustrious Member

I had a very clear view of my grand parents at a family gathering at the w/end.
We were all at the bar, getting in our soft drinks, when my daughter was darwn to some dark blue chairs in front of a fire place, they looked very inviting, and then I 'saw' my grandmother, and later my grandfather, sitting there as clearly as any other family member, the only difference was they were 'dead'
I reckon they had come along to the gathering of the clan to celebraet the 21st birthday of their great granchild

tigress

gilliebean
(@gilliebean)
Honorable Member

I don't see spirit, but I can feel their energy and notice specific smells. My Dad lets me know he's around when I smell brylcream, and my Mum by the smell of cigarettes. I often feel the energy of spirit when relaxing in the evening, it feels like a tingling at the back of my neck.

(@binah)
Famed Member

I have been to a spiritualist church a few times, but as yet have not had direct messages for me from relatives. The last time I went was the nearest I got to getting a message and this was given by the medium to my friend - she couldn't relate to the names or the message, but I could.
I have felt relatives near to me, but have not seen them.

Binah
x

Moonfairy
Topic starter
(@moonfairy)
Illustrious Member

Myarka:
Do I think I need to provide evidence?

No, I think these experiences are personal and are open to anyone who is open to see them. Or perhaps should I say those who don't live in denial?

Having a scientific background, I am appreciative of any evidence I can come cross. However it just reinforces my faith in there being spirits.

Personally I have also felt the presence of spirits and one instance I can recall is when my mother-in-law had just passed over and I was suddenly aware of her being nearby by the fragrance of her perfume. This happened twice but when I acknowledged it on the second occasion, I never experienced it again.

myarka
(@myarka)
Illustrious Member

Having a scientific background, I am appreciative of any evidence I can come cross. However it just reinforces my faith in there being spirits.

I agree that coming from scientific backgrounds we see evidence as something that is essential to drawing conclusions. But I feel we haven't identified all the parameters yet to these occurences and therefore makes it impossible to draw any conclusions.

But we can all agree that spirits exist, they live in a spiritual domain and we can experience and observe their presence. I think it's when we look at the "how" we interact and the meaning of interaction with them that we see different facets of the experience.

Therefore from my point of view I can't say these experiences are this or that. But I do see them as something wonderful with some of the images left indellably in my memory.

I would say however, that I've never recognised any of the spirits as people I've known.

Myarka

silverhoodedowl
(@silverhoodedowl)
Prominent Member

The one distinct piece of evidence that I received was the sound of my husband's voice after he died. He had passed over two weeks previously,I was standing in the garden of my daughter's home,mind was wandering and suddenly in my right ear,I heard distinctly my name ' Hey Joan!'. This was repeated twice.
I checked with my daughter who had the telly on,in case something to that effect had been spoken on the television but she said ' No'.
I have never forgotten to this day the sound of his voice.

Moonfairy
Topic starter
(@moonfairy)
Illustrious Member

The one distinct piece of evidence that I received was the sound of my husband's voice after he died. He had passed over two weeks previously,I was standing in the garden of my daughter's home,mind was wandering and suddenly in my right ear,I heard distinctly my name ' Hey Joan!'. This was repeated twice.
I checked with my daughter who had the telly on,in case something to that effect had been spoken on the television but she said ' No'.
I have never forgotten to this day the sound of his voice.

Thanks for sharing this experience SHO. It must have been very comforting for you to know your husband was near.

I think the important thing is being open to the awareness of such matters. I'm sure a lot of us miss things/signs which have been provided by spirits, sometimes because of the busy lives we lead. I think if we slow down then these become more apparent. Maybe that's why meditations bring a wealth of such experiences into our lives.

silverhoodedowl
(@silverhoodedowl)
Prominent Member

His voice was very clear Moonfairy,so clear as if he was standing by my side.
Unfortunately,I have never his voice since in the three years since he passed.
SHO

(@scommstech)
Honorable Member

It has been written that Spiritualism aims to give evidence that a part of everyone, their spirit, continues to exist after death and for eternity. I was wondering if anyone would like to share their personal experiences of this?

I'm new to the site but I've been trying to understand the science of Spiritualism for many years.
It's a little unrealistic to ask people to relate their experiences. Evidence is a personal thing. Spirituality is not a faith it is a science. Some body saying that they heard this or saw that have not provided proof that the event was not imagined or could not be attributed to their subconscious. The evidence that makes you believe is what you, and only you accept. Confirmation of the existence of spirit is usually provided by a medium, Understanding the reason and purpose of spirit is achieved through scientific investigation.

(@scommstech)
Honorable Member

Hi Moonfairy. Thought I'd come back to this post.
I first had my proof when a message was given by spirit that a distant relative would die of cancer. We couldn't,t inform him as he would think we were crazy, and to be honest we couldn't be sure that the message was genuine. However 2 years later he did contract cancer and against all odds died. I have had many proofs for the existance of spirit such as this one.

Regards

Healistic
(@healistic)
Noble Member

Hi Moonfairy. Thought I'd come back to this post.
I first had my proof when a message was given by spirit that a distant relative would die of cancer. We couldn't,t inform him as he would think we were crazy, and to be honest we couldn't be sure that the message was genuine. However 2 years later he did contract cancer and against all odds died. I have had many proofs for the existance of spirit such as this one.
Regards

I was just wondering whether a medium gave you that fortunetelling message?:confused:

(@scommstech)
Honorable Member

I was just wondering whether a medium gave you that fortunetelling message?:confused:

No it was actually given by spirit, direct to a close family member, who is a medium.. (although doesn't know it) I was only informed of it after the event as the information was one of three forcasts. The other two were very distressing and that caused this person to admit to the messages. The person who died lived abroad and we had no contact. We were informed of the tragedy through other family members.

Regards

angelroses
(@angelroses)
Reputable Member

my grandtr is 14yrs old,she has lived with me and her sisters from 5 yrs old,i have listened to her over the yrs,
when she was 5 she had...what they say as an imaginary friend...
after a few months,she told me about the ..friend...she was a young girl of about ten yrs,she had victorian dress,she talked to cary all the time,this day carys said come to my bedroom she is there,off we went..carys said can you see her sat on the bed holding my teddy...
i said no..but believed her..it was a long story that went on for months..
then carys stopped talking about her,
last week 5yrs on carys mentioned the girl again,she doesnt see her anymore,but we talked about it,i think the girl was real,and was there to comfort carys,
when carys was 10,my husband passed away very very sudden..
carys kept seeing him in the house..
i think carys will be very psychic when she is older...and understands more....
she was going up the stairs to bed last night,she shouts gran,shout misty...my cat..
i said shes here,
then carys said the cat vanished...it was the spirit of a cat i had yrs ago..
carys dad and brothers are all psychic....
so not only are there human spirits there are animal spirits thats what i believe.
kath...

Angel Healing Waters
(@angel-healing-waters)
Trusted Member

Hi,
My grandson is a real character and we are sure he is aware of a great many things spiritual.
He told my daughter a story one day;
"Mum - he said - I had chicken pox and I died , but I came back and I am ok now":)
He was around five at the time! "did you son" was her reply!
He often speaks about deja vu and knowing that someone is playing with his hair at night - he does not worry about this.
He is also very interested in Reiki and often asks me to Reiki him!
One day he hit a wall in temper at his mum because he was not allowed to stay with me that night - and then started shouting up the road to me-
"nana - you have to come back and Reiki my foot - I have hurt it real bad":rolleyes:
needless to say I ignored him!

Ok, the end part of the story had no relevance to what you asked Moonfairy ,but I thought you might still like to hear it.:)

Love and light to one and all.x.x

(@scommstech)
Honorable Member

my grandtr is 14yrs old,she has lived with me and her sisters from 5 yrs old,i have listened to her over the yrs,
when she was 5 she had...what they say as an imaginary friend...
after a few months,she told me about the ..friend...she was a young girl of about ten yrs,she had victorian dress,she talked to cary all the time,this day carys said come to my bedroom she is there,off we went..carys said can you see her sat on the bed holding my teddy...
i said no..but believed her..it was a long story that went on for months..
then carys stopped talking about her,
last week 5yrs on carys mentioned the girl again,she doesnt see her anymore,but we talked about it,i think the girl was real,and was there to comfort carys,
when carys was 10,my husband passed away very very sudden..
carys kept seeing him in the house..
i think carys will be very psychic when she is older...and understands more....
she was going up the stairs to bed last night,she shouts gran,shout misty...my cat..
i said shes here,
then carys said the cat vanished...it was the spirit of a cat i had yrs ago..
carys dad and brothers are all psychic....
so not only are there human spirits there are animal spirits thats what i believe.
kath...

Hi,
Children do seem to have a natural ability to make these "links", and be perfectly comfortable with them... As we get older, the struggle to survive in a materialistic world tends to over shadow our psychic side.
I personally believe that if an "object" is capable of love, either giving or receiving, it must have a soul. I was told once that animals may have a communal soul, but who really knows. Some people would go further and say that all living things have souls, including trees etc..

Many mediums have identified pets or animals as being present. To many owners the love of a pet is almost as strong as a loved one.

regards

silverhoodedowl
(@silverhoodedowl)
Prominent Member

I think when someone goes to spirit,they do try and let us know that they are still around but as time goes on,we hear less and less.
I am convinced they advance as time goes on and have to leave their connection with this world partially.
Though I do feel Ken around me from time to time it is not as much as when he first passed over.
I have a very good friend on here I have known for several years who gives me messages from him now and again which keeps me going. Bless you,Blackcrow.
But I now realise after 3 years it is time to ' let go' and let him rest in peace.
Joan xx

angelroses
(@angelroses)
Reputable Member

Hi,
Children do seem to have a natural ability to make these "links", and be perfectly comfortable with them... As we get older, the struggle to survive in a materialistic world tends to over shadow our psychic side.
I personally believe that if an "object" is capable of love, either giving or receiving, it must have a soul. I was told once that animals may have a communal soul, but who really knows. Some people would go further and say that all living things have souls, including trees etc..

Many mediums have identified pets or animals as being present. To many owners the love of a pet is almost as strong as a loved one.

regards

hi
i have noticed my children,all married and their children..
all see or know something...now its all coming back in the open,and talked about a lot more...
they seem more open to whats going on in the spirit side...they ask me questions...i answer the best i can...but do not scare them...
when i was younger,it was taboo,noone spoke about anything so that left me wondering,whats going on....
now im much older..i understand a lot....and im opening up to a lot of things...spiritual..
thanks for a good reply..
kath:)

angelroses
(@angelroses)
Reputable Member

hi sho
i have see a lot of your replies over the yrs on here,hope your keeping well..
i lost my husband at the same time as you..
as for blackcrow i had a couple of messages from her a few yrs ago,
shes very nice..

love
kath 🙂

Moonfairy
Topic starter
(@moonfairy)
Illustrious Member

Thank you everyone for sharing your personal experiences. :grouphug: I find them all really fascinating and believe the evidence often presents itself but that we fail to recognise it sometimes, due to its subtlety.;)

silverhoodedowl
(@silverhoodedowl)
Prominent Member

Oh bless you,Angel,didn't know that. I have found over the last three years that the grief slowly subsides and now I have decided it is time to start living my life again. Blackcrow is a good friend,lovely lady.
Hugs to you.
Joan

(@scommstech)
Honorable Member

hi
now im much older..i understand a lot....and im opening up to a lot of things...spiritual..
thanks for a good reply..
kath:)

Sorry just using part of your quote.

My adult son started seeing things that he did not understand. He was frightened and it caused him to block it out. If it had happened now I could have re assured him that we are part of something larger, is based on love and our ability to experience a "contact" is not that unusual.

Regards

Maeshadow
(@maeshadow)
Honorable Member

After our beloved Rufus (Airedale Terrier) passed away in his sleep at the young age of 7 from a bite/lump?? on his tail a fair few years ago. I was sitting in the back garden of my Parents house with my Mum when we distinctly heard his tippytap of claws on the drive as if he was coming round to see us. Both myself and my Mum turned to look when we heard Rufus and then looked at each other without saying a word. Was so nice to hear him. :dogrun:

(@scommstech)
Honorable Member

Thank you everyone for sharing your personal experiences. :grouphug: I find them all really fascinating and believe the evidence often presents itself but that we fail to recognise it sometimes, due to its subtlety.;)

There is I think a quick way to demonstrate spiritual presence. Using a Crystal pendulum and asking spirit to help. Its a bit "theatrical " but does confirm a presence. Ask somebody to mark one of 3 pieces of paper. Then without your knowledge, turn the papers over so the mark is hidden from view. Using the pendulum, ask spirit to identify the marked paper. They will usually oblige. It is a party trick type experiment, and not very courteous to spirit, but can help people to appreciate the existence of spirit.

Regards

myarka
(@myarka)
Illustrious Member

Everyone who believes in Spirits has personal confirmations of their existance.

There are however two things that are important for us to understand:

- In general, being visited by a spirit is a safe and peaceful experience, and it's only our fears that make it bad.
- Spirits should be respected, they're certainly not a party trick. IMO there is nothing we can do to help or assist them. They are in a realm that we can neither understand or comprehend.

I know some would disagree with my POV.

Myarka.

Moonfairy
Topic starter
(@moonfairy)
Illustrious Member

- Spirits should be respected, they're certainly not a party trick. IMO there is nothing we can do to help or assist them. They are in a realm that we can neither understand or comprehend.

Yes, I totally agree. I personally wouldn't giving them a test as such, but what I have asked before is for some sign, but one that wouldn't scare me (coward that I am - Lol) and this has always been answered, and generally with subtlety. Sometimes these 'subtleties' as I call them are like an intuition, or a sort of faith, IYKWIM. A knowing that it is so. I hope that makes some sense.:o

(@scommstech)
Honorable Member

Yes, I totally agree. I personally wouldn't giving them a test as such, but what I have asked before is for some sign, but one that wouldn't scare me (coward that I am - Lol) and this has always been answered, and generally with subtlety. Sometimes these 'subtleties' as I call them are like an intuition, or a sort of faith, IYKWIM. A knowing that it is so. I hope that makes some sense.:o

To try to test a spirit would indeed be discourteous. Using a crystal to demonstration the existence for the purpose of enlightenment is I feel acceptable, but does fringe on abuse.
What I do find odd is the number of people who get accurate personal information from spirit yet seem very slow to accept spirit itself.

Regards

myarka
(@myarka)
Illustrious Member

What I do find odd is the number of people who get accurate personal information from spirit yet seem very slow to accept spirit itself.

Perhaps it's because when someone has good "reading" skills they can see it in others.

I didn't believe in spirits until I was put in a situation where I couldn't deny it. Then it was between me and the spirit. Nobody else there except me and the spirit.

Myarka.

silverhoodedowl
(@silverhoodedowl)
Prominent Member

The most evidential message I ever received was from the husband of a cousin of mine.

He was an unbeliever before he passed.

Two months after he went to the spirit world,I received this message:-

I was given his surname.
I was given that he lived near the sea,which was Scarborough.
I was given that he liked the horses,he did, he bet on them.

Clear cut just like the man he was in life.

😀
SHO

Page 1 / 2
Share: