local courses

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Reactions
Topic starter
(@strent78)
Eminent Member

Hello lovely Devonians,

I am new to this forum but have been lurking and enjoy the tone and the info on here.

I am hoping to retrain as a complementary therapist, starting with massage. Can anyone recommend any good local courses that they've tried or know of? I've been doing my research but there's nothing like first hand feedback.

I work part-time in Healthy Pulses on Sidwell Street in Exeter, so if you shop there, do say hello 🙂

I have posted a longer post in the student section, if anyone here could offer me any advice on courses.

Do you guys meet up? I'd love to meet like-minded people. For now though, I hope to learn more about Devon HP members and the complementary health sector locally and in general.
xxx

3 Replies
(@ccole)
Estimable Member

Not sure what things are like in exeter but I have done private practitioner courses for reflexology/ear candling/maternityshiatsu & reflexology but and i am currently doing aromatherapy at Saltash College which has been fine too. Check out your local CFE first i would say and most colleges want to see anatomy and physiology qualification or similar before you start or work towards at the same time. Some colleagues on my aromatherapy course are doing a combined course teaching swedish massage, reflexology, aromatherapy and anatomy and physiology which takes 2 days a week..
Good luck

(@jabba-the-hut)
Famed Member

What about - about 10 mins walk from Sidwell Street.

Topic starter
(@strent78)
Eminent Member

Hi Jabba, I know about the SOCH one and have been researching, but what I'm after is personal recommendations...

Thanks Ccole, I'll look into the CFE - I've posted this in more detail on the massage board ('Another newbie confused about training....'), which might give more insight into my query.
x

Share: