Hello Devon HP

30 Posts
10 Users
0 Reactions
Topic starter
(@moonbird)
Eminent Member

Hello everyone

I am very new to healthy pages, I discovered them just a few days before my Aromatherapy and Massage exams in December. I have been quietly reading for a few weeks now and feel brave enough to introduce myself to all you lovely Devonionians. I am qualified in Reflexology, IHM, Body Massage and Aromatherapy and want to start a part time mobile business, as I work in the RD&E and have 4 grandchildren. I am 52. I live in the Exeter area and moved here nearly 5 years ago. I chose a very silly username (didn't think about it) and now realise that I could have been much more mysterious. It is really nice to have so many likeminded people to talk to, its nice to know you are out there.

Best wishes to you all.

29 Replies
Holistic
(@holistic)
Illustrious Member

Hello and welcome to the forums 🙂

I have sent you a PM [Private Message] about your username.

Best wishes to you too, and glad to have you with us.

Holistic

snagglepuss
(@snagglepuss)
Estimable Member

Hello and welcome Moonbird (I actually like your username lol) 🙂

Holistic
(@holistic)
Illustrious Member

Sorry if there's any confusion here, snagglepuss. Moonbird IS the new name, it has been changed from the original one. When a username is changed, all the previous posts are then automatically in the new one, just above the avatar.

I'll let Moonbird fill in any gaps if she wants to 😉

Holistic

snagglepuss
(@snagglepuss)
Estimable Member

[url][/url] Silly me lol:):) Think I was having a blonde moment there lol.

[url][/url]

Topic starter
(@moonbird)
Eminent Member

Hi Snagglepuss
Thanks for the welcome. I have been lucky enough to get the new username of Moonbird. My previous one was the unimaginative one. Do any of the Devonian HP members ever get together for a face to face chat or are we to far spread across the county? Hope we can meet at some time.

regards

Moonbird

snagglepuss
(@snagglepuss)
Estimable Member

Hi Moonbird, I do know that some HP'ers sometimes get together when visiting spiritual fairs and other events like that. As for me, I been up here in Sheffield (my hubby's home town) for the last six months so difficult for me an you to meet up at the mo lol. I'm originally a Plymouth girl!!:)

(@littleone)
Trusted Member

Hi there everyone

Welcome to you moonbird good that there are more peeps joining us here in devon. Please feel free to PM me I would be happy to get together for a gossip and coffee, it would be good to get togther with like minded peeps.

Snagglepuss how is the weather up there in sheffield?, not too good down here I'm afraid lots of rain and well as far as i'm concerned very cold.

Take care everyone
Kathryn
xx

snagglepuss
(@snagglepuss)
Estimable Member

Hi Kathryn,
weather up here is wet wet wet! but we are having a bit of a mild spell! Hmmm the lull before the storm I think maybe, 'cos "sure as eggs are eggs" I bet we're gonna get cold cold cold bigtime!!!! lol:eek:

Moon Raven
(@moonraven)
Prominent Member

Hello Moonbird :wave: welcome to this wonderful forum. It is great to have another new member on here.

I live in the Torbay area and would love to get together some time, I am sure we can collectively pick a venue and date, that would be lovely. It would be great to meet other members too. I have met 'littleone' and we are in close contact now. :038: Hello littleone.

Be good to meet more though.

You will find hp a lovely place, full of interesting people and so much information. It is very addictive though!! So be careful!!

Look forward to hearing more from you and please pm me anytime if you wish.

(@littleone)
Trusted Member

hello there all of you

It would be great to meet up i pm moonbird and suggested Totnes we all know how lovely it is there. let me know what you think and when
Love
Kathryn

Moon Raven
(@moonraven)
Prominent Member

Sounds great ! Count me in !!

om-shanti
(@om-shanti)
Trusted Member

Hi everyone,
It would be lovely to meet you all. Count me in too!

(@littleone)
Trusted Member

hi all

I Know Moongoddess that you work full time so presume it would have to be a Saturday for you, what about the rest of you I'm ok and can usually arrange things for whenever I want.

Hey don't know about all of you but the sun is just peaking through the clouds here is spring on its way?

hope to hear from you soon
Love Kathryn xx

Moon Raven
(@moonraven)
Prominent Member

Hi Kathryn 🙂

Have since posted message about Meet Up and received your email!

Look forward to seeing you again.

Holistic
(@holistic)
Illustrious Member

For those who might have missed it, the thread for the proposed Totnes meet up is here:

Holistic

(@ccole)
Estimable Member

Hi

Was wondering if there were any other meets planned? Would love to meet up with other practitioners...

Cheryl

I wish i had been more imaginiative with my username!

(@littleone)
Trusted Member

Hi there
Therre are no meetings arranged as far as I'm aware but am always willing to meet up and have a coffee, I regularly come up to Plymouth PM me if your up for it

Kathryn

Treacle
(@treacle)
Famed Member

[url][/url] Silly me lol:):) Think I was having a blonde moment there lol.

Oi, just watch it Snagglepuss!:D

Welcome to HP Moonbird. Devon /Cornwall - have been many times but not fortunate enough to live there!
Have fun at your 'get togethers'.;)

Loopyloo
(@loopyloo)
Eminent Member

Hellooooooooo Devon!

Moved here from Ireland recently and love it!

So just saying a quick hi to ye all! ...and wondering if anyone could recommend a good hairdresser who can do a relly good short cut! Preferably around Ivybridge or Plymouth! 😀

(@littleone)
Trusted Member

hello there loopyloo

mmm lovely name dont know how but it has always been my daughters nickname within the family and she is now 24.
sorry got sidetracked there welcome to hp there are loads of great people here with a vast expanse of experience and info I find it all very interesting. Its great to have more peeps down this way I live just outside Tavistock.
My hairdresser is in Ivybridge will PM you number, i have been going to them for at least the last 10 yrs, they recently moved the business from Plymouth to their home and I know all their clients went with them.

Loopyloo
(@loopyloo)
Eminent Member

Thaks a mill littleone!

Yes, the nickname... I was called loobyloo, (from Andy Pandy I think!) when little! A long long time ago now!

And yeah, love the site! Joined a good while ago but will start using it regularly now I think!

(@ccole)
Estimable Member

Hi there

I live in Ivybridge and my hairdresser was in Ivybridge but is now based Oasis Lesiure at the Elfordleigh Hotel In Plympton, she has been doing my hair for 14 years and my mums 16! She is excellent!

Loopy, are you in Ivybridge?

Loopyloo
(@loopyloo)
Eminent Member

Hi there

I live in Ivybridge and my hairdresser was in Ivybridge but is now based Oasis Lesiure at the Elfordleigh Hotel In Plympton, she has been doing my hair for 14 years and my mums 16! She is excellent!

Loopy, are you in Ivybridge?

Hi Ccole! Yes, I'm in Ivybridge!

Thanks for the hairdressers tip.... can I ask you though, do either you or your mum have very short haircuts?? Because sorry to say it, I've had too many bad haircuts even from recommended hairdressers.... I don't know why so many are just not good at doing short hair. My most recent experience was that she just copied the last haircut I'd had, (which was terrible in the first place!!!) just took an inch off all round sort of thing! 🙁

(@ccole)
Estimable Member

Yes I have been very short and very long since I have been with Marie, my mum has hair on shorter side too. Marie is an excellent stylist and very open to ideas and she is also happy for me to say do what you like as she knows she can be creative with color and cut and I will still come out happy! Hope that helps!

Loopyloo
(@loopyloo)
Eminent Member

Yes I have been very short and very long since I have been with Marie, my mum has hair on shorter side too. Marie is an excellent stylist and very open to ideas and she is also happy for me to say do what you like as she knows she can be creative with color and cut and I will still come out happy! Hope that helps!

Thanks a mill Ccole! Will check her out in a few weeks! 🙂

(@ccole)
Estimable Member

Hi Loopy

Have you had your hair done yet???

(@earthbabe)
Reputable Member

Hi everyone

Moved to this wonderful county in October 2008 with my husband, daughter, menagerie etc. from Southampton. Loving life here in North Devon and would love to make contact with like minded individuals and therapists in the area. Currently in Woolsery (between Bideford and Bude) but happy to travel.

Blessings

Moon Raven
(@moonraven)
Prominent Member

Hello Earthbabe

I have just returned to this forum after a spell away. Good to see another member in Devon, we seem to be few and far between. I am from Torquay but would love to chat sometime.

😀

(@ccole)
Estimable Member

Nice to see the forum being used a bit more! Hope everyone ok

Share: