Clear all

vegan marshmallows

6 Posts
6 Users
0 Reactions
Topic starter
(@flame7)
Estimable Member

Just to let all you veggies and vegans out there know that you can now get Marshmallows that dont contain gelatine from
!!!! I used to completely love marshmallows before I turned veggie, mmmm....wonder if the taste like i remember them 🙂

flame7

5 Replies
(@xmasfairy)
Prominent Member

RE: vegan marshmallows

Yep i saw these the other day... they look like the little mini mallows you get with fondu sets etc.. if you get any let us know if they taste any good.. 😀

XF

(@lynntofu)

I ordered the Chocolate Marshmallow Cups (which use the vegan marshmellows) from veganessentials.com, and they are so delicious!!!! I want to order a case full!!!!!

(@katonhotin)

Hi,

I'm creating recipes for vegan marshmellows. Some turn out really good! Does anyone have a vegan marshmellow recipe to share?

See ya lader,
Kat:D

(@another-vegan)
Reputable Member

This is from , I haven't tried the receipe though, sorry.

INGREDIENTS

2 1/2 t vegetable gelatin (Eme's Kosher Gel)
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 cup light corn syrup
1/2 cup cold water
1/2 cup water at room temperature
1/4 t salt
2 t vanilla extract (or flavoring of your choice)
Cornstarch for dusting

METHOD
Combine vegetable gelatin with the cold water in the bowl of a mixer with a whisk attachment. Let stand for 1/2 hour.

Mix the sugar, corn syrup, salt, and water in a saucepan. Stir it over low heat until the sugar is dissolved and a syrup has formed. Cook it until firmball stage (118C/244F on a candy thermometer). Remove pan from heat, and slowly and carefully pour the syrup into the gelatin/water mixture in your mixer. Beat the mixture at high speed until thick, white, and tripled in size, approximately 15 minutes (if you stop before this time, you will have marshmallow creme which you can store in a jar and use like the commercial stuff). Add the vanilla and beat just long enough to incorporate it.

Dust a 20 x 30 cm (8 x 12 inch) glass baking pan with cornstarch. Pour mixture into pan, and dust the top with more cornstarch. Wet your hands and pat the mixture to smooth out the top. Dust again.

Let stand overnight to dry out, uncovered. Next morning turn the "marshmallow cake" out onto a board, and cut into small pieces with a dry, hot knife. Dust again.

Makes about 45.

(@janey2)

Vegan Marshmallows

HI there, have you tried Ananda's Vegan Marshmallows? They are really good, and the postage costs were really fair with quick delivery. Would definately recommend!!

Share: