Crisps (slimming world)

15 Posts
10 Users
0 Reactions
61.4 K Views
Topic starter
(@cherish)
Noble Member

I am soooooooooooo exited I have just made slimming world crips, didnt think they would work or ever give me what real crisp do. OMG i am sooooooo wrong they are wonderful and if part of the slimming world plan FREE on a green day

Slice as many potatoes as required with a potato peeler so they are thin slices.
spray plenty of frylight onto a plate
place sliced potatoes onto the plate in a single layer
another squirt of frylight and salt to taste

put in microwave for 5 mins or until potatoes are cooked and crisp

Easy peasy!!

Only problem is I need about 6 plate laods to satisfy my crisp addiction!!
Worth it though....they truely are like 'real' crisps

14 Replies
(@darrensurrey)
Famed Member

RE: Crisps (slimming world)

mmmmm crisps. Thanks for the tip.

you're a crisp addict too eh? I used to be an 8-packets-a-dayer!!! I decided to stop when my body started making crunching noises. (OK I made that bit up.)

Topic starter
(@cherish)
Noble Member

Try these honest you will be amazed, one tip keep your eye on the microwave ,ok 2 tips i got a vee slicer so perfect shape crisps lol one more try differnt flavours, i just used some spices yummy

(@darrensurrey)
Famed Member

will do! added to shopping list already 😀

(@darrensurrey)
Famed Member

i see why you do the single layer...

altho, because i didn't, I was in Crisp Heaven with a 12 inch crisp 😀

thanks for the 'recipe' *licks lips*

I did salt and pepper flavour with black pepper.

Topic starter
(@cherish)
Noble Member

I did black pepper last night yummy. Tried Moroccan flavor today scrummy scrummy. Come on guys try them and let us know the flavors you have tried.

(@outofmychelle)
Honorable Member

Nice one lynda - much cheaper and much yummier than buying them - so the kids say:)

(@vegan-heart)
Eminent Member

I have followed Slimming World for many moons and it was having so many of their filling Green days that was the starting point to my becoming vegan:)

How come they dont go soggy in the microwave,is it a special model of microwave and do you have the instructions to do them in a conventional oven please?

Ruthie

(@steverobbo)
Reputable Member

saeriously pleased that this thread has been brought back up to the top otherwise i would never have seen it!!

Myself and partner are trying to lose weight, but have seriously reaction to not eating crisps.......i get hungry and eat cheese instead (far worse)!!

Problem is i hate veg, ok so not quite true but i don't like any form of salad....only eat potato, swede, carrot (not raw tho) broccolli!!

it's SOOOOO hard for me to find food that i like that isn't really bad for you, but am gonna try these crisps tonight...although not sure what fry-light is, guess it's some sort of spray oil?

not got that so will have to improvise!

many thanks veganheart for brining this little gem of a thread to my attention!

(@darrensurrey)
Famed Member

yes it is spray oil. i dont eat any crisps any more unless at a social gathering. jeez i sound like an alcoholic.:D

8 a day to zero a day. if i can do it, you can do it.

(@embrace)

🙁 i must be doing something wrong i put them in for around 7 mins and still dont come out crispy have i done something wrong .....i need crisps lol

orchid
(@orchid)
Honorable Member

Sounds fantastic do you think it would work using parsnips and beetroot as well?

(@malcolmchishol)

Anything new on Slimming World crisps?

The last post was in 2009. Is there anything new?

I discovered a plastic rack designed for taking thin potato slices. Load it with around 20 slices and give it 5 minutes in the microwave.

Makes great crisps, but you might need to give them more time to make sure they're really crisp.

You could tip them onto a hot metal tray and then finish them off in a hot oven.

Best wishes,

Malcolm

(@gizzy)

Wow these are amazing, I used the garlic fryight and chilli frylight tried some in the oven but not as good as the microwave, used a simple potato peeler, but as the post above stated you need to keep an eye as mine only took around 4 minutes. Thanks for sharing as I may have broken my diet without this.

(@julieellen)

Has anyone tried making these in an air fryer

Share: