upper respiratory tract infection

11 Posts
7 Users
0 Reactions
atlanticpearl
Topic starter
(@atlanticpearl)
Noble Member

I have an upper tract infection, been prescribed steriod (prednisolone) 5 mg x 6 daily Years ago I had prednisolone but was on a higher dose and put on a lot of weight (which has never shifted)

I have also been prescribed clarithromycin 250mg, but have concerns about taking antibiotics as I have ME/CFS. Last time I was prescribed antibiotics (different ones) I ended up with a severe allergic reaction including skin blistering. I told the dr i don't take antibiotics because of the ME/CFS he said its up to you if you take them or not. (any suggestions what I can take instead)

10 Replies
(@medwayshiaatsu)

Hi there

Sounds like you need to try something that help you without the medication, have you tried Shiatsu for the asthma it can really help.

(@finalshine)
Estimable Member

Sorry but shiatsu wont clear a chest infection. Have you got any essential oils hanging around? Eucalyptus, tea tree and lavender all have different properties and would help a lot if applied liberally and often (diluted of course)

Targeted sessions of reiki help as i know when I had a bad chest infection last year.

Seeing as your immune system is lowered anyway, I'd have a chat with someone on here like CarolineN about foods and vitamins you can take to really strengthen your immune system so if it gets to the point where you do need antibiotics, they won't affect you so strongly. Some people do react badly to certain antibiotics but luckily we have different families of them to choose from

Sue1
 Sue1
(@sue1)
Estimable Member

I recently cleared my chest infection inhaling lots of hot steam with essential oils of eucalyptus, pine, and benzoin. I have a facial steamer and only use it when I am poorly with a bad chest. I too have asthma and it is one of the only thing that clears it. Lots of fluids, hot herbal teas, and Reiki helps me too. Hope you get better soon. x

(@finalshine)
Estimable Member

Oh I forgot pine is wonderful for a chest infection, thanks Sue 🙂

(@wildstrawberry)
Prominent Member

Sorry but shiatsu wont clear a chest infection.

Could you explain why not in more detail please?

(@finalshine)
Estimable Member

Fever and inflammation are contraindications for massage which someone with a chest infection is almost certain to have.

I'm also very skeptical when it comes to reflexology and shiatsu for healing. Though would be willing to change my mind with some good case studies 🙂

(@wildstrawberry)
Prominent Member

Fever and inflammation are contraindications for massage which someone with a chest infection is almost certain to have.

"almost certain" how could one be absolutely certain?

I'm also very skeptical when it comes to reflexology and shiatsu for healing. Though would be willing to change my mind with some good case studies 🙂

Unless your skepticism informed your original answer, I think you may a have teetered off topic.:)

Have you got any essential oils hanging around? Eucalyptus, tea tree and lavender all have different properties and would help a lot if applied liberally and often (diluted of course)

Also, what are the different properties of Eucalyptus, tea tree and lavendar essential oils and how speifically can they help with an upper respiratory tract infection? Also, how would you quantify "liberal" ; where should the oils be applied ; how frequently is "often";....and with what should they be diluted?

atlanticpearl
Topic starter
(@atlanticpearl)
Noble Member

Thanks everyone for your suggestions, i am now fine, apart from the odd coughing spell. I did end up with a trip in an ambulance as I was non-stop coughing for had problems breathing and according to the paramedic I should not have been given oral steriods as although I had an upper tract respiratory condition I most certainly didn't have asthma! Thankfully a visit to the hospital and when got back home had been put on new medication which seemed to do the trick. I did use e.o in an aromatherapy ball & as for the awful mouth blisters the manuka honey worked wonders.

CarolineN
(@carolinen)
Famed Member

Glad you are feeling better at last Atlanticpearl 🙂

Perhaps you could have a look at [url]Holford's Boost your Immune System[/url] to help you in this New Year. Very best wishes, Love and Light.

(@breathingremed)
Eminent Member

Chronic cough

Glad you are now sorted out and feeling better. Chronic cough can contribute to your health problems and slow down your recovery, so well done.

Share: