Clear all

Chest infection & bronchospasm

9 Posts
5 Users
0 Reactions
Topic starter
(@proutyyy)

Hi Guys,

very new to the site and looking for some advice if anyones had these problems before maybe can help a little 🙂

about 2 weeks ago i went to my gp as i was having problems breathing bad cough and so on, after doing some checks they advised i had a chest infection and bronchospasm for which she prescibed me amoxicillin 500mg 3 per day for 10 days and prednisolone 25mg 2 per day for the first 5 days and then 1 a day for 5 days,

ive now finished the prescibed course and feel no different at all if anything at the moment i feel worse breathing problem are still here same tight chest unable to get a satisfying breath, coughing up yellowy white flem and i have developed a complete lack of energy to the point i feel like i weigh a tonne and just cant lift myself also all my joints and started aching to the point i will fall down when it flares up...?

is this normal to happen after i finished my course of drugs, as i expected everything to have cleared by the end of the course is this normal to carry on for a while after its finished does it last a week or so after then and clear by itself or should i think about going back to my gp..?

if anyone has any advice id be verrrry greatful!!!

Thanks

Danni 🙂

8 Replies
 kvdp
(@kvdp)
Noble Member

You should definitely go back to the GP for advice, and tell him that the antibiotics have not worked. But better still, phone NHS direct right now (0845 4647). Be prepared that they may advise you to go to A and E right away, as you may have pneumonia.

When bacteria are killed by antibiotics, the toxins they contain can be released into the body and cause a serious reaction (google Herxheimer reaction). So killing the germs is not the end of the toxic situation, it can make things worse.

What is always needed is encouragement for the elimination and neutralisation of the toxins themselves, regardless of what happens to the bacteria, it is the accumulated toxins that are the real problem, to an extent the bacteria are incidental.

In the meantime, you can assist the neutralisation of toxins with anti-oxidants - taking large amounts of vitamin C is one way (get it in pure powder form from the health food shop, not a synthetic one in tablets with artificial sweeteners etc). You can quite safely take 20g a day or more while this is going on, people have been known to take many times that amount to good effect.

You can assist the elimination of waste by getting total rest, drinking plenty of fluid (not squash etc), and eating very lightly only (I suspect you don't have much of an appetite). If you are eating, then get some vitamin D3 into you as well, as the immune system cannot function well without it, and most of us are quite deficient at theis time of year. You need several times the official RDA - go for about 5000IU, and ask the Dr for a blood test to check the levels. If you have less than about 50nm/dl then you need to take even more D3 until the levels are raised.

But do not bypass the the medical system, I'd say you need to get checked out, and soon.

Good luck!

Topic starter
(@proutyyy)

Thanks for the advice 🙂

yeah I will take a trip to the gp then, I work on the phones so constantly talking everyday doesn't help at all!

I also have an unbarable pain/tightness in my back especially when lying flat, it's all very odd for me as u dont usually have chest problems and I've never smoked.

Definately want to get this sorted before Xmas just didn't unessecarily want to be popping back to the doctors wasting thier time, unless needed!!

I'm having bloods done in the 23rd actually so hopefully they are ok

think I'll get checked out

Thanks again 🙂

(@louisa_1611053138)
Noble Member

Being born with bronchial asthma...been there done that several hundred times.

Please do go back to the doctors, you may need a broad sprectum antibiotic.

Look after your immune system, eat well take vitamins.
And manuka honey.

Feel better soon.

Topic starter
(@proutyyy)

Thanks again guys!

im just a little worried as i have a family of people who suffer from, obstructive pulmonary disease, bronchial asthma, repetative broncitis & emphysema....

so dont come from a family with very strong lungs!!!

i have an appointment tomorrow with the doctors so fingers crossed everything will be good soon maybe just need a few more antibiotics 🙂

CarolineN
(@carolinen)
Famed Member

Hi Danni

Good luck with your doctor's visit. If you do get given antibiotics (and having had them) please, please take some probiotics too - for at least a couple of months - to build up your beneficial gut bacteria. You'll need a total of 60 billion bacteria of both Lactobacillus acidophillus and Bifidobacteria (otherwise you are liable to other health problems down the line) available from the chiller cabinet of healthfood shops. You need these bacteria to help support your immune system.

I would also suggest eating a wholefood, wholegrain diet, preferably organic, to help supply your body with nutrients - and avoid processed foods, white flour, sugar, chemical additives and eat oily fish at least a couple of times a week. See for a good food philosophy (and other things). There is an excellent book [url]Boost your Immune System[/url] which is well worth reading.

It's also important to avoid damp fusty places, allergens and so on which might provoke a chesty problem. kvdp has also given some helpful information.

Topic starter
(@proutyyy)

I shall do that think before my visit in gonna take a trip into town and stock up!

Just another thing half way through the day today I've lost the hearing in my right ear... Kind of the same feeling when you get your ears full of water while swimming but I havent had my head near water at all... Is this all part and parcel of this kind of thing...?

Thanks again forthe advice!! 🙂

(@jga01)
Trusted Member

Loads of good advice already given.

I'm a chronic asthmatic and have just gone through what your are going through. I had amoxycillin 500mg and a 250mg also had the steroids first 6 a day for 5 days then 8 a day for 5 days. After another trip to the GP was given Erythromicin 250 (not sure of spelling) My GP says not too worried if Phlegm is yellow or white as long as its not green or dark brown. Also had an x-ray which was ok.

I just could not get my asthma under control, was told to take extra steroid inhaler even though I'm on the maximum dose. Glad to say i'm on the mend now.

l hope by the time you read this you will be on the mend or better

Love light and laughter

JG

Topic starter
(@proutyyy)

Oh goodness not good.. Hope you mend quickly!!

My visit went well... I have an ear infection which is causing my dizziness and weakness! So nothig serious thank goodness!!

they want to do sone tests for asthma as they think this could be the problem.. As I have eczema they say it's linked

For the moment they have given me salapin syrup (salbutamol) for the bronchospasm problems I'm still having!!

But hopefully forward on the mend!!

Thanks for all the great advice!! 🙂

Share: