what will help with anxiety?

8 Posts
6 Users
0 Reactions
Topic starter
(@breeze)
Eminent Member

Hello,
I have been struggling with anxiety recently. I get a kind of nervous feeling and always feel sick and a bit shakey. I also find that any tiny stress causes a bit of IBS. It has got to the point where it is stopping me do things. I am ment to be staying with a friend next week but I am worried about going incase I get ill - upset tummy, nausea, shaking.
I have always been a bit like this anyway but not ususally this bad. The tinyest thing sets me off at the moment. I think it stems from a bit of a conflict I had with some friends at the end of last year. My confidence has hit rock bottom and I just seem to feel permanently anxious.
Could anyone give me some advice on which flower remedies would be good to try?
Thank you!

7 Replies
(@alisonm)
Estimable Member

Good morning Breeze,

Taking rescue remedy on a daily basis might be enough.

However, it might be an idea to take a long term look at the problem. I recommend that you visit online shop, which is one that I regularly use.

They have a selection of essence combinations that might meet your needs.

Alison

Anne Mary
(@anne-mary)
Honorable Member

Have you ever thought about meditation? It really helps and if you do it regularly it does get to the bottom of the problem. It works both in the short term (my husband said I had changed a lot after a only a few weeks) and in the long run.
Personally I do ACEM meditation (/) but there are lots of ways, why not go and explore!
I expect that just taking the first step to doing something for yourself will already change you.
Lots of love! Annemieke.

Anne Mary
(@anne-mary)
Honorable Member

Anxiety and things like that all benefit tremendously from relaxation. Here is a website I found recently with some simple advise on how to relax: [DLMURL="http://www.bbc.co.uk/health/emotional_health/mental_health/coping_relaxation.shtml"]BBC - Health: A guide to relaxation techniques to help prevent stress and anxiety.[/DLMURL]
Lots of love, Annemieke.

Crowan
(@crowan)
Famed Member

Since we've already moved away from flower essences, I hope I won't be treading on toes if I suggest shamanic healing for this.:)

Anne Mary
(@anne-mary)
Honorable Member

So plenty of choice, Breeze!

(@kayinda)
Eminent Member

I only have experience with Bach flower remedies. When I was suffering from anxiety, I used a combination of Aspen (Fears and worries of unknown origin) and Mimulus (Fear of known things). White Chestnut can also be added to the mix, it helps stop repetitive unwanted thoughts.

(@stressadviser)

Anxiety and things like that all benefit tremendously from relaxation. Here is a website I found recently with some simple advise on how to relax:

I agree there are a variety of relaxation techniques that encourage the body of the anxiety cycle PMR and autogenic can be very useful

Share: