Notifications
Clear all

Learning wicca

10 Posts
7 Users
0 Reactions
Topic starter
(@meadow59)

I have been drawn to Wicca for many years and now at the grand old age of 50 I feel ready to take the step and learn as much as I can. The trouble is I have no idea where to start, or if I should be solitary or join a coven. Idealy i would love to be an apprentice to a witch but where does one go about finding a witch?
Can any one help?

9 Replies
myarka
(@myarka)
Illustrious Member

Hi Meadow59,

Welcome to Healthypages!

Do you want to learn wicca, or do you want to learn the craft of being a witch because the 2 have many differences.

Myarka.

meadowsweet
(@meadowsweet)
Honorable Member

Hi Meadow,

What has drawn you to Wicca? There is loads of books and websites that you can refer to, but ultimately go with your intuition and the path will unfold before you. Get out into nature and enjoy the space and the different sensations, nature is a wonderful teacher. May Goddess and God guide you.

I have been Wiccan and a Witch for 13 years now and a solitary one. I considered trying to find a coven in my early days but decided it wasn't for me. I'm a very independant soul and I thought a coven would be too restrictive for me. I have friends who are in covens and are equally happy.

If you have any specific questions, please ask here. Someone will happily provide you with their perspective.

Blessed Be
Meadowsweet

Topic starter
(@meadow59)

Hi Meadow,

What has drawn you to Wicca? There is loads of books and websites that you can refer to, but ultimately go with your intuition and the path will unfold before you. Get out into nature and enjoy the space and the different sensations, nature is a wonderful teacher. May Goddess and God guide you.

I have been Wiccan and a Witch for 13 years now and a solitary one. I considered trying to find a coven in my early days but decided it wasn't for me. I'm a very independant soul and I thought a coven would be too restrictive for me. I have friends who are in covens and are equally happy.

If you have any specific questions, please ask here. Someone will happily provide you with their perspective.

Blessed Be
Meadowsweet

Thank you , im sorry for being so rude and reply late but I thought replies came in my email, I dint think to look on here first, silly me. I will take your advice on board. thank you once again x

Topic starter
(@meadow59)

Hi Meadow59,

Welcome to Healthypages!

Do you want to learn wicca, or do you want to learn the craft of being a witch because the 2 have many differences.

Myarka.

I think I am drawn to the healing side of witchraft. I am qualified in Aromatherapy other therapies and have always felt the need to heal but I also love the idea of celebrating the Sabbats. Thank you for your reply.

meadowsweet
(@meadowsweet)
Honorable Member

Thank you , im sorry for being so rude and reply late but I thought replies came in my email, I dint think to look on here first, silly me. I will take your advice on board. thank you once again x

Not to worry at all 🙂

I'm interested in the healing aspect also, I'm very much into Herbs and aromatherapy and their effect on our bodies in healing as well as using crystals for channelling energy to aid specific goals.

Blessed be
Meadowsweet

Roselyn
(@roselyn)
Eminent Member

Wicca

Hi All

I've joined Magickaschool to learn Wicca and Tarot - it's free or about £30 for life membership.

(@little-em)
Trusted Member

I think one of the best ways to progress is to read ALOT. There are all sorts of resources out there for you to absorb. Try DJ Conway's book, that has been one of the best I have read.

XfawnyX
(@xfawnyx)
Trusted Member

Hiya Meadow,
I agree with all the replies to your question..
Reading is a really excellent way to learn alot about Wicca and Witchcraft,the History and origins are very interesting,and to most of us it makes perfect sence..
Getting out and about is one of the best ways to become more in tune with nature and the Elements,this time of year is perfect,when every thing is beginning to grow and come around once more...

The more info you can obtain to the Craft or Wicca the better,it will give you the idea of which path you personally want to take...

Love and Light...XXXX

(@maggie-may)

If you need a teacher one will come to you when it is time, until then just read as much as possible Scott Cunningham is a good one, Rae Beth and Kate West.

Share: