Angry Discussions in Forums.

9 Posts
5 Users
0 Reactions
silverhoodedowl
Topic starter
(@silverhoodedowl)
Prominent Member

Couldn't think of a better title to describe what I am going to say.

I am a member of many spiritualist sites,some are peaceful, some are not.
Why do spiritual topics in some sites have to be conducted by angry words?

Topics start off with friendly issues then gravitate to anger because some other member tends to disagree with another member's ideas.

I thought the word 'Spiritual' meant that.
Peace on earth and all that stuff.

🙂
Silverhoodowl.

8 Replies
(@jnani)
Noble Member

Hi Silverhoodowl
Spiritual means full of spiritual concepts.Thats all ''spiritual'' means. Then 'my concepts' and 'your concepts' will always fight...mine/thine. When there is mine thine. There is separation. Why is sepatration? Because "I" am separate from whole? How is that possible? Because of concepts.
My understanding, my concepts, my beliefs, my knowing, my intution, my path, my way...So called ''spiritual'' people have some of the most subtle obstinate egoes. Hardest nuts to crack. Because they are not operating at the level of a layman anymore. No ordinary stuff! Their terminology has all wierd and wonderful things such as angels/spirits/intuition/energy/healings/knowings/experiences etc etc. They even know about unconditional love, compassion and similar blah blah. Its holier than thou. Ego doing its usual circus but with a spiritual twist!

There is no such thing as 'spiritual'. Its exactly like there is no blue, there is no sky...Its only empty space. But we all have a concept that sky is blue. 'Spirituality' is exactly that. In your loose and natural being what is spiritual and what is mundane?
All spirituality is absence of a separation. which lies waiting for you to enter it when you are finally done with your concepts.

Sun~Rose
(@sunrose)
Reputable Member

Couldn't think of a better title to describe what I am going to say.

I am a member of many spiritualist sites,some are peaceful, some are not.
Why do spiritual topics in some sites have to be conducted by angry words?

Topics start off with friendly issues then gravitate to anger because some other member tends to disagree with another member's ideas.

I thought the word 'Spiritual' meant that.
Peace on earth and all that stuff.

🙂
Silverhoodowl.

I have seen that too on a couple of sites,, i think our own journeys are so unique that we have to agree to disagree, if i come across folk who want to ram their opinions down my throat and its their way or the high way i see them as egotistical maniacs!!:eek:

I believe in live and let live and to be honest I love to see/hear how different we all our on our lifes journey.

Energylz
(@energylz)

Where there is dualism... the idea of "them and us" or "me and you", then there will always be conflict created. Only when we recognise that "them" is "us" and "you" is "me" will the conflict dissappear.

All Love and Reiki Hugs

silverhoodedowl
Topic starter
(@silverhoodedowl)
Prominent Member

Thanks kindly both of you.
🙂

Maybe I am being too sensitive but I hesitate to join in, I hate the discord a good discussion brings.
I cringe!

I am naturally curious about spiritualism and have learnt much about spiritualism over the last few years. I am not a medium,more of a sensitive and empathic.
My late husband taught me a lot,he was what I call a 'natural' medium.
Never trained but what he had came naturally.

I might just take the plunge next time when a good discussion is under way and sink in to my armpits.
😮

songstress
(@songstress)
Famed Member

Hi Silver,

Yes, I know what you mean, but I don't think it's folk disagreeing per se, but sometimes egos can play a large part e.g. 'I know more than you' symndrome. It benefits nobody, since nobody learns from it.

Patsy.
xxxx

silverhoodedowl
Topic starter
(@silverhoodedowl)
Prominent Member

Is it really that long since I was in here?
Some good posts there about arguing the toss (disagreements).
Then again on further thought,what would be a good discussion without a few abrupt words?
😀
SHO

songstress
(@songstress)
Famed Member

Hi Silver,

Hmm, I'm not sure abrupt words and egos can do anything conducive to people in a discussion. When I come across it, it turns me off, I must say. Ego is the worst. Nobody knows everything about everything, but some come across as if they do.

Disagreements are different; one can disagree and learn something.

Love,
Patsy.
xxxx

silverhoodedowl
Topic starter
(@silverhoodedowl)
Prominent Member

Hi Silver,

Hmm, I'm not sure abrupt words and egos can do anything conducive to people in a discussion. When I come across it, it turns me off, I must say. Ego is the worst. Nobody knows everything about everything, but some come across as if they do.

Disagreements are different; one can disagree and learn something.

Love,
Patsy.
xxxx

You are so correct,Patsy.
Half the time often I wonder if it is a case of 'I know more than you'.
😀
Joan x

Share: