Clear all

Baha'i Prayers

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Reactions
Topic starter
(@arana)
Eminent Member

I'd like to share with you a few extracts from: 'A Selection of Baha'i Prayers, Holy Writings', a small volume containing prayers for all occasions and published by the Baha'i Publishing Trust of the Spiritual Assembly of the Baha'is of Malaysia. It was given to me by a very dear Baha'i friend many years ago and has been a source of comfort and upliftment in times of need.

'FOR THE DEPARTED

O my God! O Thou forgiver of sins! Bestower of gifts! Dispeller of afflictions!

Verily, I beseech Thee to forgive the sins of such as have abandoned the physical garment and have ascended to the spiritual world.

O my Lord! Purify them from trespasses, dispel their sorrows, and change their darkness into light. Cause them to enter the garden of happiness, cleanse them with the most pure water, and grant them to behold Thy splendors on the loftiest mount.

- 'Abdu'l-Baha

DETACHMENT

O Lord! Unto Thee I repair for refuge and toward all Thy signs I set my heart.

O Lord! Whether travelling or at home, and in my occupation or in my work, I place my whole trust in Thee.

Grant me then Thy sufficing help so as to make me independent of all things, O Thou Who art unsurpassed in Thy mercy!

Bestow upon me my portion, O Lord, as Thou pleasest, and cause me to be satisfied with whatsoever Thou hast ordained for me.

Thine is the absolute authority to command.

- The Bab

HEALING

Thy name is my healing, O my God, and remembrance of Thee is my remedy. Nearness to Thee is my hope, and love for Thee is my companion. Thy mercy to me is my healing and my succor in both this world and the world to come. Thou, verily, art the All-Bountiful, the All-Knowing, the All-Wise.

- Baha'u'llah''

One of my favourites:

'SPIRITUAL GROWTH

O my Lord, my Beloved, my Desire! Befriend me in my loneliness and accompany me in my exile. Remove my sorrow. Cause me to be devoted to Thy beauty. Withdraw me from all else save Thee. Attract me through Thy fragrances of holiness. Cause me to be associated in Thy Kingdom with those who are severed from all else save Thee, who long to serve Thy sacred threshold and who stand to work in Thy Cause. Enable me to be one of Thy maid-servants who have attained to Thy good pleasure. Verily, Thou art the Gracious, the Generous.

- 'Abdu'l-Baha'

Abundant Blessings,
Arana
xx

1 Reply
Principled
(@principled_1611052765)
Famed Member

RE: Baha'i Prayers

Hi Arana,

How good to see that someone has posted here at last and what a beautiful post - thank you! It's obviously a special book.

The few Baha'is I have met have all been warm and welcoming and inclusive. Fine people indeed.

Love and peace,

Judy

Share: