Aries and scorpio in relationships

6 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@aquacrystals)
Estimable Member

Hi All

Sorry, I was not sure where to post this so I hope this is in the correct section.

I am an Aries female and I have been with a Scorpio male for about a year and a half.

Recently, there has been a lot of change and we have started arguing more and more about silly little things. At first I thought it was all his fault but as I have recently thought about it more and more I believe it is now both of us. After 'googling' aries and scorpios it seems to be a common theme, arguing, both wanting to be right. I am not used to being with someone as challenging as me. My mother has fallen out with him as she believes he has caused a lot of upset to me and that he will never change and now is not keen on him. However, first off she cannot protect me all the time as I need to learn from my mistakes and also as I have found out its not him, its both of us.

It has come to a time to be make or break. He is so different to everyone else, really really special and I cannot think to be apart from him, though our constant arguing is challenging me. But its not just him! We need to change this as apart from this everything is brilliant. He is also concerned about the future as he is now only starting uni but I have been there and done that and would *ideally* like to rent somewhere of our own in a year or so, yet he will not have much money this is fine by me, he just worries a great deal.

Sorry, random post 🙁

5 Replies
Apollo
(@apollo)
Reputable Member

Before someone puts in a reply about this sign being compatible / incompatible with that sign... let me put the case for what real astrology can offer...
When person A is born - at the precise moment - to the second; a birthchart is created, it reflects in one way or another - everything about that persons life and personality ahead of him or her. The same happens with person B. Person A meets person B... stuff happens...
However, the path of relationships is seldom always sweet and rosy and person A and person B become quarrelsome and deep problems occur between them, trust, jealousy, honesty / dishonesty, liberation, entanglement... all sorts of things can happen.
If either (or more apt - both) were to consult a good astrologer - the astrologer could save them all kinds of trouble by showing them the acting aspects between their charts... For example, person A might have their natal Moon at 15* in Pisces in the 7th house; reflecting a need for a sensitive and caring partner. Whereas in the summer of 2009 person B's progressed mars might cross this exact same position of 15* pisces - leading to all kinds of recipes for impetious behaviour between the two of them...
Basically - when you are born you have a blue print of a birthchart - but it does not end there - the chart can be 'progressed' (ie. moved forwards in time) throughout your life; and your progressed planets can make angles to the planets of your partner, your boss, your friends, family - all kinds of relationships exist. Some of these aspects can be positive, some neutral and some can be called negative - but they can all be seen - often long before an event occurs - or manifests in a relationship...
It's all about long term planning and acceptance of the greater scheme of things - everything can be seen - long in advance - by the right astrologer.

...but as for X sign and Y sign... if that's all the scope to go on - it is pure nonsense. It is based upon a hypothesis that the sun is the only point of significance in a 30* arc of the zodiac and completely neglects the other planets, houses, and key points of a birthchart... Sun sign astrology is IMHO unsubstantiated nonsense.

A.

ava
(@ava)
Noble Member

Sun sign astrology is IMHO unsubstantiated nonsense.

I've thought this myself. However that is because I've evidently been completely unaware that they form but a small part of a bigger story. I didn't know that. Thank you very much for your post, it has told me a lot about what seems to be a very interesting and complex discipline.

Ava x

(@cinammon)
Eminent Member

Hey aquacrystals,

While I do agree with Appollo re the importance of the rest of the chart, sun sign astrology (when relating to character and relationships, as opposed to mag. and newspaper horoscopes), imo, is far from 'unsubstantiated nonsense'. It's amazing how often the sun sign comes through in life - or not so amazing, when we consider the actual sun is pretty much the fount of all life here. That's some pretty strong vibrations(!)

For a beginner, Linda Goodman's 'Love Signs' is good for a look at relationships from the sun sign angle, while her 'Relationship Signs', written with Crystal Bush, provides a more detailed look at relationships from most of the planetary aspects. I'm not saying either are perfect, but they're reader friendly, and can be pretty accurate.

Of course, for a really serious look at your relationship through astrology, or your own chart, you'd need to look at ALL the planets and angles (as it were), but I personally wouldn't write off the sun sign.

Good luck with your relationship - I hope all is going well!

Apollo
(@apollo)
Reputable Member

We're all entitled to our opinions... that's what makes the World go around:)

A.

Apollo
(@apollo)
Reputable Member

Let me elaborate a little on the 'unsubstantiated nonsense' comment:

IMHO, sunsign astrology is virtually worthless in comparison to the greater whole that Astrology covers. That is because it is like looking through a small diameter tube - the attention is drawn only to what is immediately in front of the tube; yet there is life all around... unseen.
Sunsign astrology is a limited subject; but the daily nonsense published in newspapers and magazines is not really sunsign astrology because it does attempt to encompass the other planets, albeit in a rather dishonest manner. I say dishonest because these people doing it know that it cannot be accurate for everyone that reads it - but they still do it...
I used to read the 'horrorscopes' in magazines when I was a teenager - because I didn't know any better. However I always felt that there was something in the subject (despite every single time any glimmer of vague prediction in my horrorscopes was always wrong). I then began to study the actual subject myself and my world changed...
Back then it was the use of special 'Ephemeris' and 'Tables of Houses' books, a calculator, several sheets of paper, protractor and ruler and a good dose of time to calculate the charts and data; now I do it in seconds on the pc...
Where sunsign astrology is vastly incomplete, being entirely locked only to two principles - the Sun and the Zodiac signs - I know that it is certainly in my experience - impossible to predict an event with any degree of accuracy based only on these two inputs; it can't be done. Whereas, if the Moon, Mercury, Mars, Venus, Jupiter, Neptune, Uranus, Pluto, and even in some extreme cases the (up to 19) major asteroids are brought into play - together with some rather special principles or time equations - then accuracy increases exponentially.
So - when you next look at these 'fables of fancy' in the newspapers - consider the point that they cannot, logically be accurate - because they are built from insufficient data. The imagination of the 'pseudo astrologers' writing the stuff is inspired by their knowledge of the planets in the zodiac at the time; but just because Venus is passing through Pisces - it doesn't mean something significant for everyone - it simply can't. If on the other hand; you happened to be born with a key planetary aspect involving a particular degree in Pisces - then Venus passing over that point in the zodiac might just reflect something - but for everyone else - no - that is beyond sensibility.
However, everyone has to earn a living and some folk write their words of inspiration and are paid by media groups for them... It is just the same as the bank clerk in the high street bank giving you the £100 you asked for at the counter - they are just doing their job.
However I personally find it a little agrivating that all the while the horrorscopes are published - the real astrology is kept in the limelight and is thus frequently the butt of jokes...

A.

Share: