Notifications
Clear all

Hip Resurface

5 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@classiclady)

[:@]Hi my partner had a hip resurface in december he now has a pain in his groin. His phsio said it was ok but he still has it and it is bothering him as his job is phsical. Can anyone suggest anything or what it could be.

4 Replies
Survivor
(@survivor)
Noble Member

RE: Hip Resurface

Hi

I would ask for a second opinion from his surgeon.

There are lots of sensations when healing from an op such as his, but there needs to be a balance struck between exercise & rest.

Also preservation is high on the agenda, so getting the best and fullest answer would be the best.

Good Luck and keep us posted on his development.

Love & Light
XXXXXXXXXXX

(@scubajunkie)

I had a Birmingham Hip Resurfacing in 2001 aged 32. 4 months post-operation is not that long and it does take a while for all the muscles to "knit back together". I had various muscle aches for the first 6 months but since then I have been totally pain free. I wouldn't worry too much at this stage, but it does no harm to ask questions.

(@anahata)
Noble Member

I agree with Survivor about getting a second opinion.

The hip joint itself and the joint capsule that seals the joint in can both refer painto the groin. Can also cause muscle spasm & tightening in the groin.

Unfortunately I don't know the 'normal' progress after resurfacing as they are usually followed up with physio. I tend to work with people to try and prevent them needing surgery in the first place, but it depends how far gone they are.

Andrew.

(@tsnales)

I had a Birmingham Hip Resurfacing in 2001 aged 32. 4 months post-operation is not that long and it does take a while for all the muscles to "knit back together". I had various muscle aches for the first 6 months but since then I have been totally pain free. I wouldn't worry too much at this stage, but it does no harm to ask questions.

I saw a more substantial reply on one of your posts about your hip replacement. My inquiry is to long term outcome. Given you had resurfacing done in 2001, I'm curious about how your health is now. Have you had any issues with elevated blood serum levels for metallosis? If so, have you experienced any related complications? Also, curious to know what your activity level has been. Understand your managing risk by not returning to rugby, but are you able to be fairly active? Anything you can comment on relative to your longer term experience with your procedure is welcome - thanks!

Share: