constant painful fe...

Notifications
Clear all

constant painful feet

Sun~Rose
Topic starter
(@sunrose)
Reputable Member

hi, i was wondering from a reflexology point of view what this could possibly mean.. i am doubly interested because i start a course in this soon but in my books i cant find anything that covers this..

my feet from when i put them down in the morning feel like i am walking on pebbles..its a painful feeling that slowly eases as the day goes on..but never goes.. my feet feel bruised and battered..the worse area is down the outside edges of my feet across the front of the foot towards the toes..i have no pain in actually in my toes..

anybody come across this?:confused:

7 Replies
dogwoman
(@dogwoman)
Estimable Member

Have you considered your shoes? The ball joint area of our feet usually gets wider as we age, necessitating wider width shoes. If your shoes are cramping your feet there will be residual pain.

You may possibly have Plantar Fasciitis. Usually this condition causes pain in the bottom of the heel, but the entire bottom of the foot can be involved. Again, shoes can be prescribed which are helpful for this condition. Stretching the heel down and forward several times throughout the day, and before falling asleep can be highly beneficial.

jnani
(@jnani)
Noble Member

Years ago I used to have feet like you describe. Back then there were a host of things that were causing that. I was trying to prove my worth, please everybody around me, keep the peace at any cost, etc etc etc
pain is resistence. Feel emotions as they arise. Start being gentle with yourself, you deserve your own love.

Sun~Rose
Topic starter
(@sunrose)
Reputable Member

Have you considered your shoes? The ball joint area of our feet usually gets wider as we age, necessitating wider width shoes. If your shoes are cramping your feet there will be residual pain.

You may possibly have Plantar Fasciitis. Usually this condition causes pain in the bottom of the heel, but the entire bottom of the foot can be involved. Again, shoes can be prescribed which are helpful for this condition. Stretching the heel down and forward several times throughout the day, and before falling asleep can be highly beneficial.

hi ..ive seen a podiatrist who ruled out most things..doc ruled out a load of others.. my feet have widened through pregnancys but my shoes are always comfortable..they have to be;)..

Sun~Rose
Topic starter
(@sunrose)
Reputable Member

interesting that jnani,,i can see myself in what you describe..but my gut instinct has also spurred me too search deeper,,, im not sure if its something thats wrong in my whole system..thats quite 'small' but enought ot reflect in my feet..

i will get to it..dont think standard medical channels are the way..they havent helped me in the last six years with it..thats why i thought id look at the reflexology take onit.

Years ago I used to have feet like you describe. Back then there were a host of things that were causing that. I was trying to prove my worth, please everybody around me, keep the peace at any cost, etc etc etc
pain is resistence. Feel emotions as they arise. Start being gentle with yourself, you deserve your own love.

Andre7
(@andre7)
Estimable Member

Hi,
In theory in reflexology, any changes in texture, sensitivity, pain, etc., in the feet would indicate an imbalance in the corresponding part of the body.

However if you are generally healthy, yet you feel all over discomfort or pain in your feet, I would be inclined to consider what jnani is suggesting. Nevertheless, I would still recommend reflexology treatment and have treated people with similar complaints. This is because reflexology works not only on a physical and physiological level but also on the emotional and psychological level as well.

Having said that, if this is an actual physical problem of the foot - I would normally treat the corresponding area of the hand. As you may know reflexology also works on the hand. So, as the reflexology points can also be found on the hand, I find it very effective to do hand reflexology, when dealing with a problems of the feet.

Good luck.

A

Sun~Rose
Topic starter
(@sunrose)
Reputable Member

Andre7,, my hands are pretty much ok..i would say in comparison to my feet..my hands to get a bit stiff when cold but the the most painful part of my hand is that bone area where your hand meets your wrist on the edge where your little finger is..not sure if that is my hips/spine area onthe hand..interesting..(i just rubbed my feet, ,my left foot is worse than my right when touched, more painful)

i can remember the exact day it started..dont want to put to much detail on here..but i can be that precise! and i have had most blood tests etc and still ive got it as i was deemed normal with everything....no solution..

Hi,
In theory in reflexology, any changes in texture, sensitivity, pain, etc., in the feet would indicate an imbalance in the corresponding part of the body.

However if you are generally healthy, yet you feel all over discomfort or pain in your feet, I would be inclined to consider what jnani is suggesting. Nevertheless, I would still recommend reflexology treatment and have treated people with similar complaints. This is because reflexology works not only on a physical and physiological level but also on the emotional and psychological level as well.

Having said that, if this is an actual physical problem of the foot - I would normally treat the corresponding area of the hand. As you may know reflexology also works on the hand. So, as the reflexology points can also be found on the hand, I find it very effective to do hand reflexology, when dealing with a problems of the feet.

Good luck.

A

Ccole
(@ccole)
Estimable Member

I am both reflexologist and footreader and these have completley different ideas but thought would throw into the mix.... I do not like to read feet blind but are you feeling 'hurt' in your personal life? Often what you are feeling about your feet is how you feel about yourself. Maybe worth exploring?

Hope it improves for you soon

Share: