'heavy' stomach - dysmotility - tips needed

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@cinammon)
Eminent Member

Hi

Any tips for easing stomach dysmotility? I've googled it, and seen manuka honey, probiotics, eating small, regular, non-fatty meals, etc - just wondered if anyone here knew anything else that would help?

Many thanks

Cinammon

2 Replies
Awakening Dawn & Bulimia Hope
(@awakening-dawn)
Estimable Member

Hi Cinammon,
Simple tip and an empowering one of that would be for you to keep a food/mood diary for a week.. Just observe what you are eating, the quantity you are eating, how you feel when you have it, and observe it against the active life style you have.. as exercise can also help with digestion more.

This way you can see , what you are doing that makes things worse..and what conditions eases the symptoms.

with warm wishes

Vathani

ava
(@ava)
Noble Member

Hi Cinnamon

Well, this is a bigger topic than you may realise - as the cues for gut motility are many, and varied. Many folk seem to be investigating this at the moment as the source of IBS, and I feel that they may be right.

I've been looking into this topic myself - probably in too much detail to be of help to you. The best I can do for you is direct you to [url]Dr Myhill[/url], who is an excellent launch pad if you wish to investigate bowel problems further. You may also wish to consider having a consultation with her. Her website will give you info on how to do that. From memory you are given a very comprehensive questionnaire to complete (approx 10 pages) for a fee. She'll come back to you with recommendations for dietary and lifestyle changes, supplements (if needed) and medical tests (if needed). I suspect that a comprehensive stool analysis test - which tests for your digestion of fats/proteins/carbs, presence of parasites, presence of good/bad gut bacteria... etc - may be recommended.

Ava x

Share: