6 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
Joanna
Topic starter
(@joanna)
Trusted Member

Hi all

I wasn't sure where to put this post as there's no section for sound healing (could we have one please?!).

I was wondering if anyone has done any training in this field and if so, what they thought of it. I intend to do one next year, i've already done a couple of weekends and workshops, but there are so many out there and of various prices and course content i'm a bit flumuxed as to which one i should do.

also, does anybody have any views on the institute of complimentary medicine or the british association? some of the courses say that by going with them i can become affliated to them but what does that mean in practice???? is it better for me to spend more money so i am????

any thoughts on this, courses or sound healing in general would be really appreciated.

love

Joanna x

5 Replies
heavenspirit
(@heavenspirit)
Prominent Member

Hi

Just wanted to say that I went on a workshop about Sound Healing at a local Salon here in Grimsby last year which was very interesting. I also then had sound healing with crystal and tibetan bowls as a treatment when I was about 23 weeks pregnant. It was the most amazing experience and the therapist who is also a medium picked up on my baby's chakra's etc.

As to which course to choose, go with your heart and first instinct, that always works with me.

Joanna
Topic starter
(@joanna)
Trusted Member

yeah, unfortunately that's something i need to work on!! thanks for the Sound advice tho (ho ho :o)

x x x

butterflywings
(@butterflywings)
Reputable Member

If you work intuitively and have a tibetan singing bowl, crystal bowl, shamanic drum, rattle, tuning forkl etc in your room then pick up whichever is calling to you as you work and then let it sing or play for you. If you give it cahnce it will teach you. Practice without clients first by walking around a room or house with one in your hand, try moving it or playing it gently and as you move around see what happens.

(@anula)

Tuning Fork Sound Therapy

:FIFangel:Hi I'm very new to this sort of thing and have just joined. I noticed the heading for Sound Therapy but there didn't seem to be any recent activity.
I have had fibromyalgia/cfs for 20 yrs + and have got better by using tuning fork sound therapy. I have now taken a course and become a qualified therapist. I would really like to hear from anyone else who has experienced these wonderful little instruments and would love to chat to anyone that would like to know more about them.
Angie

Energylz
(@energylz)

You're right Angie, the Sound Therapy forum is one of the quieter ones here. Not sure why that is.

I've not come across Fork Sound Therapy... though I'm guessing that's similar to having different tuning forks to get different frequencies?

I have use Brain Entrainment CD's with meditation, and they contain Binaural, Monaural and Isochronic frequencies which certainly do have an effect, so I guess it's along similar lines, using sound frequencies (which are essentially specific energy frequencies) for different healing or benefits.

All Love and Reiki Hugs

Share: