Fertility and refle...

Notifications
Clear all

Fertility and reflexology

star99
Topic starter
(@star99)
Noble Member

Have had a client for reflexology and fertility issues.She has 3 kids but had a miscarriage in December 2008. She is on clomid as her egg supply is so low,she had a scan this morning and there is one egg in the left ovary.I had booked her in for next week,she thinks she should ovulate today but as she is not regular so a little unsure.Should I take her sooner,sje has like a stabbing pain on left ovary which she never had before,

5 Replies
cozytoes
(@cozytoes)
Eminent Member

Avoid like the plague

Ccole
(@ccole)
Estimable Member

Hi

Clomid is given to those who don't ovulate regularly, not to those with low egg reserve. The fact that she has one follicle (although not necessarily an egg within it) suggests she will be ovulating, especially as she is having symptoms. I dont feel you need to do anymore, its down to mother nature now! Hope this helps

star99
Topic starter
(@star99)
Noble Member

Hi

Clomid is given to those who don't ovulate regularly, not to those with low egg reserve. The fact that she has one follicle (although not necessarily an egg within it) suggests she will be ovulating, especially as she is having symptoms. I dont feel you need to do anymore, its down to mother nature now! Hope this helps

Thanks Ccole, what I should have said was the clomid had helped her ovulate and there was one which showed up in the scan,she was told she could conceive within 12 hours,which made me think that at the time of the scan the egg would have reached the fallopian tubes.I would have to be careful with pituitary/ovary and just work on the uterus or does a full treatment not matter until she did get pregnant,am I making any sense?

star99
Topic starter
(@star99)
Noble Member

Avoid like the plague

Hi cozytoes could you expand a little on your reply, what would be your reasons or is it just simply on the side of caution:confused:

Ccole
(@ccole)
Estimable Member

When women are scanned it is to view ripening follicles on the ovary which are getting larger, usually one, but in the process of IVF for example it could be anywhere between 4 and 20 odd. When the follicle gets to about 1.8-2mm it will burst and release the egg, if there is one contained. A scan will not see an 'egg' as such it is too small to see. The sonographer could assume by the size of the follicle that it was ready to ovulate and expected it to be released imminently.

I would always do a full treatment. I do go more gently in IVF cycles but still would not exclude the ovaries/pituitory, just a 'booster'.

Share: