Anyone using Coconu...

Notifications
Clear all

Anyone using Coconut oil in their Diet??

6 Posts
3 Users
0 Reactions
Topic starter
(@david-don)

Hi All, is anyone else using coconut oil in their diet?

5 Replies
Crowan
(@crowan)
Famed Member

Hi All, is anyone else using coconut oil in their diet?

Yes. Why?

Topic starter
(@david-don)

Yes. Why?

Do you cook with it, eat it or drink it ?

Cascara
(@cascara)
Prominent Member

Hi David welcome to HP 🙂

We use coconut oil a lot, the form that is solid at room temperature. Use it instead of any other oil or fat, for frying or baking or any form or cooking.
It's not bad to eat but better in food once you get over the coconut smell and taste in everything.

Are you looking for a specific dietary feature? I know it is very popular with Zone diets and block paleo etc.

Topic starter
(@david-don)

Hi David welcome to HP 🙂

We use coconut oil a lot, the form that is solid at room temperature. Use it instead of any other oil or fat, for frying or baking or any form or cooking.
It's not bad to eat but better in food once you get over the coconut smell and taste in everything.

Are you looking for a specific dietary feature? I know it is very popular with Zone diets and block paleo etc.

So you are currently using coconut oil that has coconut taste? there are many brands who offer odourless so you wont taste it.

I am just trying to add coconut oil into my diet rather than using olive oil or sunflower oil as i hear coconut oil is better long term and better with health benefits. I just wanted to see what other people are using it for, if people diets has improved, body performance etc.

Crowan
(@crowan)
Famed Member

Do you cook with it, eat it or drink it ?

Whatever is called for. In cooking, I use it for frying. Usually vegetables or beef. Other meats - and sometimes beef - I use butter or lard.
I also use coconut oil for fat bombs and desserts.

I don't use the odourless because it has been refracted at high temperatures.

I only use vegetable oils (olive, avacado, nut oils) for salads where I want that taste.

Share: